How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-02-2001, 01:20 PM
sk8ing19

Unhappy Another Suby company goes down!

Well in these hard times companies have been laying off, and going out of business to the left and right. However it is with my deepest and most heart felt regret to announce that after 6 plus years in the business, JC Sports has closed their doors.

Ryan and myself both talked with Joel this morning, and he did inform us that JC Sports will be back after some regrouping, and with a new approach to the business. Joel also stated that he will continue to develop and build new performance parts for the SVX and will inform me of the new products as they become available so that I may pass it on to you.

In closing I would just like to say thanks to Joel and to JC Sports, for all the help they have given me with my SVX, and for passing me on to a great shop in the area. I wish you all the best of luck.

Chris

(If you have an order placed with JCS do not worry as all orders are being sent out. If you do have any questions about an order PM and I will check on your order status ASAP.)

Last edited by sk8ing19; 10-02-2001 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-02-2001, 01:23 PM
oneothefewproud

Chris,

Might they be unloading some of their SVX inventory? Rotors specifically.

Thanx
Wayne
Old 10-02-2001, 01:30 PM
sk8ing19

Wayne

They do have some rotors I will try and get the price for ya.

Also If anyone is interested in getting a pulley set I am trying to get a SMALL group buy going. $225 for the set, They come in Blue, red, Black, and Silver. you will save $25 per set. Well let me know.

Later
Chris
Old 10-02-2001, 01:35 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Quote:
Originally posted by oneothefewproud
Chris,

Might they be unloading some of their SVX inventory? Rotors specifically.

Thanx
Wayne
Yep he had one set of fronts in stock drilled and slotted (exactly the same as mine). Time to gobble them up before they are all gone.

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 10-02-2001, 01:39 PM
oneothefewproud

Time to gobble them up before they are all gone.

Ryan,

The price was a bit steep for me at the moment. If they were going to be a really good price then I would gather up the cash. But for now the shake isnt real bad.

Let me know if you can get them for a really good price.

Thanx
Wayne
Old 10-02-2001, 04:41 PM
sk8ing19

Wayne

I just talked to Joel over @ JCS. You can pick up those rotors for $200 for the front set, and they are super nice. Let me know if you want them, if not I just might have to buy them myself. If you have any Q's about them Ryan has a set on his SVX so you might want to talk to him. Anyway if you decide you want them let me know right away, so I can tell Joel.

Later
Chris
Old 10-02-2001, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Wayne

Quote:
But for now the shake isnt real bad
This is probably a dumb question, but did you have the rotors turned while they were on the car? I had my fronts turned on a brake lathe off the car by a local shop awhile ago and got a tremendous shake from the front-end when braking. Took it to the dealership and they turned them on the car which COMPLETELY eliminated the shake! I was blown away. Just my $.02. I'm replacing the original front rotors this weekend with cross-drilled units I just got from KVR Performance. I've never had a problem with warped rotors, I just want to dress up my car a little now that I've got my new wheels
Old 10-03-2001, 09:11 AM
oneothefewproud

Rotors

Chris,

Thanx for the help with JC. I will send the Money Order Firday to him.

wawazat,

Thanx for your $.02 I will keep that for a rainy day. Or for Gas money for the trip to the 10th aniv meet.

I have all the records on the car and she is on her 3rd or 4th set of rotors thus far. These lasted about 1 yr. When I got the car in Feb 2001 she had a very slight pulse in the rotors but not really noticably. But when going 80 and people stop right in front of you I have had to apply the brakes hard acouple of times and the pulse is getting worse. Nvrmore, Ryan, has the ones I am getting and 1 I like the look and 2. it's too good a deal to pass up.

But again. Thank you for your advice.

Wayne