Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-01-2001, 02:31 PM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII

The perfect example of this is that "flying saucers" are flown by little green/gray aliens from outer space. In reality; the only people operating "flying saucers" are test pilots from the good ole' US of A.

Larry III
Larry, will you be home tonight?
There are some nice looking men here in black suits that would like to pay you a friendly visit, hear all you know about "flying saucers".....

They're really interested...

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 10-01-2001, 02:41 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Yes, I consider this to be vaporous carbon particles up the proverbial rectal canal. Not to mention, I take offense to the word "quirky" not to mention "80's" since production didn't hit 'til the 90's.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-01-2001, 04:16 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Quirky?

Somehow, the use of the term quirky sort of rubs my fur the wrong way.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 10-01-2001, 05:20 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Albu quirky

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Yes, I consider this to be vaporous carbon particles up the proverbial rectal canal. Not to mention, I take offense to the word "quirky" not to mention "80's" since production didn't hit 'til the 90's.
Journalists blow smoke, that's what they do. In fairness, most cars take 3 to 5 years from inception and drawing board to showroom, in some cases longer.
So it would not be unfair to say the SVX is an 80's design.

I get this all the time with my Murena. Everyone rates it as 70's, but first production started in '81.

I personally avoid shopping trolleys like the plague. If people did not think my car was "quirky", I would be offended. Cars like our SVX are for the cognoscenti. Other vehicles are "also rans", other owners are not in the know.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 10-01-2001, 06:07 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Come on guys

How many of those people who wrote about the SVX actually own one -- or even driven one. They don't know what they are missing. In Mr. T's words --- I pity the fool that has not driven the SVX.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-01-2001, 06:17 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Alien-ation

<The perfect example of this is that "flying saucers" are flown by little green/gray aliens from outer space. In reality; the only people operating "flying saucers" are test pilots from the good ole' US of A.>

Well actually the Reptilians and the Grays....but close enough. But you just had to go and OFFEND them didn't you? I have worked for MONTHS to arrange a flight on one of the Gray's Dimension Warpers for all the attendees at Canaan, but since they monitor this site (all high tech sites), I guess we can kiss THAT freebie goodbye...thanks Larry!
(they were even offering to upgrade our transmissions for free....darn! )
Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 10-01-2001, 08:12 PM
Zombie

Gentlemen... we seem to be missing one obvious possability. I have read SOOOOOOOOO many stories of manufacturers starting rumors like these to test the waters about a new idea prior to putting into design even. Depending on the type of market they think they can get, they decide what to do with the car. The truth is out there, but I havent got a clue where.
Old 10-01-2001, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zombie
Gentlemen... we seem to be missing one obvious possability. I have read SOOOOOOOOO many stories of manufacturers starting rumors like these to test the waters about a new idea prior to putting into design even. Depending on the type of market they think they can get, they decide what to do with the car. The truth is out there, but I havent got a clue where.
I have told the dealers as well as SOA how much I love the SVX. I have also told the FHI rep and the man in charge of Impreza how nice it would be to see a 3.3 H6 on the road again as well as the SVX. If you guys want SVX II, you have to make more noise. The more noise SOA and FHI hears from people. the more they will do something about it. Keep in mind though that like what SOA and FHI said, the market is already saturated with 2 door coupes and FHI is a small fish in the big ocean of auto manufacturers. my 2 cents

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 10-01-2001, 09:55 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

I have told the dealers as well as SOA how much I love the SVX. I have also told the FHI rep and the man in charge of Impreza how nice it would be to see a 3.3 H6 on the road again as well as the SVX. If you guys want SVX II, you have to make more noise. The more noise SOA and FHI hears from people. the more they will do something about it. Keep in mind though that like what SOA and FHI said, the market is already saturated with 2 door coupes and FHI is a small fish in the big ocean of auto manufacturers. my 2 cents

Lwin
There has been plenty of "noise" over the SVX tranny woes. Narry a whisper of restitution from SOA. Noise don't necessarily get the job done. Money talks and . . . well, you know what walks.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-02-2001, 12:57 AM

Quote:

There has been plenty of "noise" over the SVX tranny woes. Narry a whisper of restitution from SOA. Noise don't necessarily get the job done. Money talks and . . . well, you know what walks.

But all that SOA heard from us is noise about how crappy their tranny is in the 230hp beast. Did we tell them how wonderful the machine is -- sans the tranny?

Uh.. I guess noise don't get the job done all the time though.

Lwin
Old 10-02-2001, 05:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Re: Quirky?

Quote:
Originally posted by svxter
Somehow, the use of the term quirky sort of rubs my fur the wrong way.
I didn't realize that you were a Wookie. Maybe I was wrong about the flying saucer pilots.

Larry III

BTW: Say hello to Han for me.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:38 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Alien-ation

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
<The perfect example of this is that "flying saucers" are flown by little green/gray aliens from outer space. In reality; the only people operating "flying saucers" are test pilots from the good ole' US of A.>

Well actually the Reptilians and the Grays....but close enough. But you just had to go and OFFEND them didn't you? I have worked for MONTHS to arrange a flight on one of the Gray's Dimension Warpers for all the attendees at Canaan, but since they monitor this site (all high tech sites), I guess we can kiss THAT freebie goodbye...thanks Larry!
(they were even offering to upgrade our transmissions for free....darn! )
Don
Don,

Sorry about deep sixing the tranny fix. My guess is that they were going to install an upgraded flux capacitor. Tell the Grays that I think they have one heck of a great baseball team and I'm a NY Yankee fan. One of my cousins, George C., works in the Yankee front office. He is very close to Mr. Steinbrenner. Maybe we can arrange an exhibition game between the Grays & Yankees during spring training next year.

Larry III
Old 10-02-2001, 05:56 AM

Registered SVX
Everyone has been taking a shot at this rumor from the perspective of the SVX. But we should look at it logically from Subaru's point of view. They are a small niche player in the market . They now have a "rice boy racer" car, the WRX. They are coming out with a pick-up truck, the STX. They have a new H-6 engine that they will make available as an option through out their line. To sell more sedans they will put the six in them. But their new sporting image needs more than the WRX and 6 cylinder engines in small sedans. By 2005-6 the Legacy line will be growing very long in the tooth. They need a new Legacy (probably already on the drawing board). In addition to the wagons (Subaru's bread and butter) and sedans they need a sporty 2-door hardtop/coupe to further enhance the sporting image. This car should have the 6-cyl. engine. To set it apart, it will probably be turboed or supercharged. It should have a sporty suspension and special trim. It would probably be a "cheap man's" version of the BMW 3 series selling for a few thousand less. Maybe the top trim line of this car will be called SVX.

This is the guess that I would put my money on.

Larry III