Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2004, 09:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
over zealous cocky fool of a teenager.

Yup, this car is going to completely break me....I just put $400 in tires, $500 in CV joint and 2 ball joints, and a few hundred for other various little things. And here I go crunching the back of it into a snow bank pulling a fool stunt in an iced over parking lot. which I've done a million times, but there IS always that last one people keep talking about..... Now I need a wheel alignment, and I need to do something about my back right fender...3 dents(big ones) now grace it.

2 are below the light on the rear end right side, so I am going to see if I can get to the back side tomorrow from the trunk, and pop them out... they don't seem creased, but there is paint chipping off them...the other one is right above the wheel well on the rear right, and its got a slight crease...uuuuuughhhh....

Any one got estimates for the popping/filling/painting of something like this? they aren't deep AT ALL, but they are big. good width of a palm, each of them.

Did I mention I am unemployed and in debt already? I refuse to sell this car till it ruins my life completely.

I now apologize for demeaning this stylish and elegent car with my pathetic teenage butt, so don't give me the whole line of things you want to say to me....pity please
Old 01-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Exclamation

If you must bury yourself in more debt, spend what you don't have on the wheel alignment. Ignore the dents for the rest of the winter, & hope someone driving something smaller than a Hummer slams into the rear in a parking lot. Let someone else's insurance pay the way.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: over zealous cocky fool of a teenager.

Quote:
Originally posted by zavikan

I refuse to sell this car till it ruins my life completely.

I now apologize for demeaning this stylish and elegent car with my pathetic teenage butt, so don't give me the whole line of things you want to say to me....pity please
Hey man... I owned my SVX as a teen, and must say it's a wonder it made it through that time. I still slide it around parking lots in the winter (i mean, who doesnt!?) Think of what happened as a learning experiance. I'm sure you'll be more careful from this point forward.

Also, that thing about not selling the car 'till it's ruined your life... Mine has ruined my life 14 times. It's ended relationships, put me in debt, and gotten countless people mad at me. I keep comin' back for more. It's all about that perfect summer evening on your favorite road. No other car like it!

Mike
Old 01-05-2004, 10:05 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I know where you can get a replacement fender........

I PMd you about the antenna and mirror.

Let me know.

~~Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 01-05-2004, 10:35 PM
mtbikerco

every car

i think everycar has a way of causing problems for teenagers, or the teenagers cause problems for themselves with the cars. the latter was always my senario. nothing to worry about though, life goes on, i would agree with the other posts and get the wheel allignment. at least you can still drive your car after that, and that is truely what it is all about.

i had a vespa in Roma when i was a teenager and that bloody thing got me in more trouble and debt than i care to mention, but it was because i was reckless with it. but some bloke smashed into me one day and i got a new vespa from the governement! anyway, moral is, if its on the road more than likely some bloke with smash into you then he will be in the ****o deal. get it running again and enjoy it until you cant anymore.

Nick
Old 01-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Somehow I managed to make it through the crazy stunts, I didn't wreck a car untill I fell asleep at the wheel, but a Volvo 740 turbo got me a $250 misdamenor ticket once, spun the inside tire arround every corner even with a grandmother driving... I'll never own a Volvo or the firestone tires it had on it!

I did have a black ice incadent last saturday night... Straight stretch and the ass end tries to pass me on the left, too slipery to correct it so I got it sideways, 90 degrees to the road to stop, a little hair raising!!! Wish I was driving my SVX, but not with the DOA traney
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:39 PM
DearPrudence

I have been soooooooo tempted to do some automotive ice choreography, but I have refrained. My baby needs new shoes... and brakes... and a timing belt... the last thing I need to do right now is put a dent in him. Or worse.

When I was a teenager I had an '86 Camaro. It wasn't souped up or anything cool like that, but I had some fun times in it. Mostly just driving fast, although I did back it into a light pole once.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Re: over zealous cocky fool of a teenager.

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Hey man... I owned my SVX as a teen, and must say it's a wonder it made it through that time. I still slide it around parking lots in the winter (i mean, who doesnt!?) Think of what happened as a learning experiance. I'm sure you'll be more careful from this point forward.

Also, that thing about not selling the car 'till it's ruined your life... Mine has ruined my life 14 times. It's ended relationships, put me in debt, and gotten countless people mad at me. I keep comin' back for more. It's all about that perfect summer evening on your favorite road. No other car like it!

Mike

I won't say anything Mike!

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 01-06-2004, 12:52 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
that's the spirit
even if you wrecked it at least your stickin to it and know that it'll send you to the poorhouse

i've had my svx for about a year... well it's ruined my life only 3 times so far

my fiance hates me but has gotten used to it
it left me stranded on the road in BFE
and my parents hate that it's expensive and puttin me in debt
oh and as a sublet of the 2nd one it's sat in the driveway with the blown tranny for half the time i've owned it
do i sell it HELL NO!!!

i agree don't worry about the body work yet, just get the allignment and hope that someone else hits you

i keep hoping that someone totals my impreza so i can get the svx out of debt heh hasn't happened yet sadly
Old 01-06-2004, 05:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
some good some bad.

I love my body work guy...I can choke on $300 bucks and get it fixed. Alignment done today. bad news is, both my tirods are ever so slightly lose.... something to think on some time this summer.

But scoring points with a possible new GF's father cause I drive a "timeless work of art"....mmmm priceless. At least he wasn't shallow enough to toss it onto the pile of stupid cars like the Eclipse and the Eagle Talon......

Off to make money, to pour money into my car.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:51 PM
(This account is in rememberance of)Duct Tape Man

Send a message via AIM to Yoda3000
Quote:
Did I mention I am unemployed and in debt already? I refuse to sell this car till it ruins my life completely.

Dude! I'm in exactly the same boat. I havn't hurt my car at all yet but since I got it a year and a half ago I've had over $6,000 in mechanical repairs. I promised to pay back my dad someday for all the money he spent on it. These are sweet cars but hard on the wallet. My mom hates it and begs me to trade it in but a car with issues and 113K miles is worth nothing. I will keep it forever wather it runs or not.

Early deceased SVXWN Member
July 1986 -- February 2007

Michael - Duct Tape Man

1992 Burgundy SVX LS-L, 138K: Brembo Slotted/Drilled Rotors, B&M Tranny Cooler and Filter, SmallCar Shift Kit

1992 Burgundy SVX LS-L, 123K: DEAD FROM FATAL HAIL DAMAGE, Parting out so PM me if you need something.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything" - Fight Club
"This is not my life, this is not my home, this is not me. I HATE THIS!" - Static X
Old 01-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Oricalm

I feel your pain man. The SVX is an awesome car, especially for a college kid... till it breaks. Then it's a pain in the arse... more specifically the wallet area of the arse. A couple wheel bearings, a tranny rebuild and a complete replacement of everything between the two back tires later, I know what it's like to be hurting for money to fix the car. Good Luck man.

On the subject of Parking Lot Playing, It actually very well could have saved my life. Got run off the road in the SVX at 70mph into a median of mud (made from 6 inches of snow followed by rain) by a dead stopped van cutting infront of me (Physics people will tell you, that would not have been a fun stop). Playing around with sliding in the snow is probably the only thing that let me keep control of the car. If I'd have panicked more, there'd have been no way I could have kept the car from going into wild spins across the median into the other lanes. As it was, the AWD and experience helped me keep it to minor fishtailing, -parallel- to the highway. A blessing indeed. So I say, hey, play -safely- in the snow. You never know when it'll come in handy.

-Mike
Old 01-07-2004, 09:18 PM
mark10t

Poor kids today...... having to dump all their hard earned money into an SVX........

When I was YOUR AGE (stop me if you've heard this before... ) I had a pretty baby blue '62 MG-A 1600 Mk II. In the one to two year period I owned it (I don't even remember exactly how long I poured money into it... ) I replaced a set of tires (with Michelin RADIAL-PLY tires!), at least one wire wheel, a generator (no alternators in those days- 12V POSITIVE ground!), a starter, a battery (Die-Hard- even though it wouldn't start below about 20 deg. F), rebuilt suspension (top wishbone separated at speed on the freeway 12 miles from home- ugly sight with a cocked wheel), a valve job (in Wisconsin enroute to a wedding in Chicago), a new rag-top, a heater (did I mention it came from Hawaii and didn't come with a heater- they were 'optional' in '62), a 'cherry-bomb' muffler, and more..... I loved and hated that car. It was a self-taught auto repair program........

I bought a brand-new '71 Capri- the payments on it were less than the money I was pouring into the MG each month.

Good old Lucas electricals.....

... and some would actually complain about the reliability of a Subaru SVX(!?!) You don't know how good you've got it!

-Mark
Old 01-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
In 1996, i got a brand new Integra GSR (loved them then cause i never owned one) i just started taking driving courses at that time. So I was having fun on this twisty road (not even really going that fast, maybe 5 over in a 40), and i came across a shallow right turn cresting a hill, followed by an immediate hard left. When I went to downshift for the turn, my foot slipped off the clutch, which then popped out and nailed me just below the knee (left quite a welt), at this point im just about to the hard left turn with WAY too much momentum...by the time i get on the brakes, the rear tires are already sliding from the stones on the shoulder of the road. So the car slides wide and the rear right end NAILS a huge rock. That's the last part i remember. The cop that investigated the accident said that i then veered across the road sideways, striking a small embankment which caused the car to flip. It landed right side up with me still intact. I had some glass stuck in me (arms mostly), but other than that i was unharmed. Pretty impressive eh? I take that as my one freebie from God, so I now "participate in speed contests" only during sanctioned events or at least on dedicated courses. Hard lesson learned.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: over zealous cocky fool of a teenager.

Quote:
Originally posted by zavikan
I refuse to sell this car till it ruins my life completely.

I now apologize for demeaning this stylish and elegent car with my pathetic teenage butt, ....pity please

Ahh, music to my ears. Spoken like a true SVX addict.

Your apology is accepted, and you have my pity.

(I won't go into my stupid-a$$ teenage stunts --- especially the ones from last week. I'm only 48-teen. )
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI