How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-17-2003, 04:24 PM
phoenixsvx

Angry Need Advice Fast

This my first post in a long time. I sold my house and was able to get 6K to spend on my SVX. I had the tranny rebuilt, both front cv axals, and the front camshaft seals. Sorry Dale failed before Tucson,it was uncalled for. It went back to PHX. While it is in we replaced the rad. hoses..........radiator has a 6 inch crack now????????

I need advice what to do because the shop also managed to lose the tray for the battery. In the process of that being removed, for what I have no idea, they clip for the fuse bax snapped????? I was told it never had one, would you like me to order it????

I am in contact with the corp. office and I have not got a call from the GM as I told I would.

What to do now??????
Old 12-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Document everything, and write a letter to the owner of the shop. Add, at the bottom:

CC: Better Business Bureau
AZ Atty General's Office
U.S. Attorney's office
Federal Trade Commission

And any other "watchdog" groups you can think of. That usually gets their attention.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-17-2003, 04:45 PM
phoenixsvx

I dont know where to start.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I'm a little confused about what, exactly, you're asking us for advice on. They lost the battery tray, I get that. They also broke the fuse box cover. Is that all you're blaming them for?

If that's the case, the fuse box cover is $17 and the battery tray is $13. Both of those prices are from Subaruparts.com. If they're really going to argue with you over whether or not those parts were missing when you dropped the car off, then ask them if they're willing to lose your business over $30 in parts. If they are, then just don't go back there.

If that's not your question, then I'm going to have to ask you to be a little more clear.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I'm a little confused about what, exactly, you're asking us for advice on. They lost the battery tray, I get that. They also broke the fuse box cover. Is that all you're blaming them for?

If that's the case, the fuse box cover is $17 and the battery tray is $13. Both of those prices are from Subaruparts.com. If they're really going to argue with you over whether or not those parts were missing when you dropped the car off, then ask them if they're willing to lose your business over $30 in parts. If they are, then just don't go back there.

If that's not your question, then I'm going to have to ask you to be a little more clear.

Nick,
All you listed is a terrible loss, but, I think THIS was his main problem:

Quote:
radiator has a 6 inch crack now????????

I'd be major pissed too!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-18-2003, 04:20 AM
phoenixsvx

The tray and and fuse is not he only things wrong. They said they replaced the high pressure power steering hose. There is no plate on it to mount to the block, and unless you have replaced it yourself you would know that place mounts to the block.

They did the camshaft seals. On the passanger side the top bolt retainer is broken off also. The passanger side automatic seatbelt will not go back anymore.

The lower radiator hose that was said to be factory says made in america,thats funny as far as I know there is no company in america that make hoses or seals for the SVX.

This is still a drop in the bucket. There are roughly 10 to 12 things now broken of missing off the car. It is not a matter of $30 bucks it is a matter of the 6000 spent for them to break or be told that parts that were replaced with factory when they were fabricated. I am in the process of trying to find the ID# on my trans casing to be sure it was rebuilt and not swapped out??????
Old 12-18-2003, 04:23 AM
phoenixsvx

Oh I forgot, THe shop manager is probably just pissed that he has to drive a 350Z and found out that an Neon is faster
Old 12-18-2003, 02:23 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

man, that's just wrong. i hope you can get everything squared away. do what randy mentioned and consult a lawyer if necessary. i wouldn't pay them a dime if they did that to my car.

sucks to hear stories where autoshops mess your car up. guess an eye for an eye. you mess up the beautiful svx, i mess up your ulgy 350Z.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:34 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
sucks to hear stories where autoshops mess your car up. guess an eye for an eye. you mess up the beautiful svx, i mess up your ulgy 350Z.
Dude ya can't mess up anything that is already messed up... 350Z's are not the sexiest of cars... The G35, IMHO, looks way better... and it's got that little cool spoiler on the trunk...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...