Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2003, 11:49 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Angry SVX Broken into!!!! :(

This is a F****** Outrage!!!!! Some bastard got into my SVX and tried to take my Eclipse headunit but succeeded in just royaly F****** it up... So that dosen't work... Then they stole my Leather Jacket!!!! And then they took all my car detailing stuff outta my trunk!!! Oh yea they also ganked my CD's!!! But that whole bay that the CD player is in is jacked... Gonna need a new one... Why the Fu** do people do that stuff???!?!??! What's happening to America??? What the **** am I doing in the Marine Corps to deserve to get my baby broken into!!!!!!!! Harry thanks for the advice about the baseball bat yesterday, I'll have to do that... I'm really sad at the moment, Just because there are people out there that could do something like that to someone who's very job is to make sure that they are free enough to be able to do it.... I'm just so angry and sad at the moment, but at the same time I am very thankful that the damage was just minor and that they didn't take MY CAR... I would be wrecked if that happened...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 12-01-2003, 11:56 AM

Chris, i am so sorry to hear about this....i hope you find who did it and beat the living piss out of them!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:58 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

yup, no problem man, i feel ya. you definitely need to invest in a sidewinder alarm system or a viper. you also need full coverage to cover stuff like that.

but hey, it has nothing to do with this country, i'm sure there are thieves in australia. it'll be a common occurance as long as man exists. someone's going to have something that someone else wants that they can't get. or people are just lazy and want the easy way out. i'm sure you've stolen something at least once in your life. may it be candy or a benz.

cheer up dude!

actually the good thing is that you listed that dude as a suspect. if he screws up and gets caught (which will eventually happen) it will add to his case of priors.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:03 PM

Oh man that really sucks!
I've had 2 previous cars broken into

I know a kid who had stolen a few cars in her past. She told me she would only break into cars (and steal them) if the owners had made significant modifications to the car but didn't bother to garage it at night. Sitting targets waiting to be broken into.

She was caught and spent 3 months in juvy. Since that time of her stealing days, her hubbies tricked out cherokee has been broken into 5 times. hehe

I'm really sorry man that it happened. My first car broken into I had just installed a top of the line stereo and seperates all around. They ripped out the separates, the head unit, stole all my music and popped 2 windows. I was pissed too.

Hope insurance will help out.

Good Luck!
Old 12-01-2003, 12:06 PM

Harry - Yea, that's true man... everything ya said is true... Thanks for your words of wisdom... It just pisses me off that there are people like that out there... It sure was funny hearing the baseball bat story yesterday... I gotta get a bat and a gun so I can do that too.. You're my idol Harry Well

Don't worry Kelli, if I ever find the **** he'll really be hating life when me and my buddy get done with him...

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...

Last edited by GreenMarine; 12-01-2003 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Angry That sucks Chris

One of my cars was stolen years ago (on the Weds before Thanksgiving no less). It was found later that night with most of the good stuff lifted. It sucks.

Good luck on the re-build.

Todd
Old 12-01-2003, 12:26 PM

well if you really want to plan it, a bat wouldn't be the best choice of weapons. what would be good would be some form of contraband like switchblades. get a switchblade from wherever and clean it nice (i.e. no fingerprints). then put it into a plastic bag or little box where you can fling it out at them. after they pick it up, then poof he's game cause he's threatening your life with a deadly weapon. go ahead and own him then .

hope that marine training works .

naw, but anyway, i did know one of the perps that went to jail for 6 years because he was part of the largest auto theft, chop shop ring in atlanta based out of stone mountain, georgia about 10 years back. i asked what car alarm he uses. he suggested sidewinder then viper. he also recommended getting the kill switch so it would kill the car and also a whistler that ran on an external battery and produced a VERY high decibel shriek inside the car. nice to know ya, you steal my car, i steal your hearing. sounds fair.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:41 PM

ever see fight club...remember the chemical burn??

chemical burn+plus forehead=satisfaction

Kelli

(don't really do this, but hey, wouldn't ya feel better?)
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:45 PM

Haha, still a trip to hear... That sounds about right... I'll be getting a car alarm for christmas... Then the clutch then the suspension... Hopefully the Full Coverage will fall in there about where the clutch is if I get promoted... Man, and I wanted to get out as a Corporal, may have to try to get promoted again.... Need the extra money!!! SGT here I come!!!

Old 12-01-2003, 12:47 PM

yeah get that promotion it'll do wonders for you at your next step in the life of a military man.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:38 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX

A baseball bat's too quick. I say catch 'em and bury them in a box full of pubic crabs. What a d**k!

I've had it happen to me (Not in the X though), and I've never felt so violated.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
svx is a target, man...

you think tinted windows is a helpful deterent? cant see inside and harder to shatter the glass?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:42 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I am speechless. I have things stolen too and trust me if you live close, i'd help you find the f*cker and we can beat him up.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-01-2003, 08:48 PM
arondale

Sorry to hear that. The carnel rule was broken: You don't mess with a man's automobile.

I'll loan you 3 live Ninjas equipped with throwing stars and swords until you install a righteous alarm in you sooby. Regularly priced I lease the Ninjas for $26,000/week.

arondale
Old 12-01-2003, 08:48 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Noir

naw, but anyway, i did know one of the perps that went to jail for 6 years because he was part of the largest auto theft, chop shop ring in atlanta based out of stone mountain, georgia about 10 years back. i asked what car alarm he uses. he suggested sidewinder then viper. he also recommended getting the kill switch so it would kill the car and also a whistler that ran on an external battery and produced a VERY high decibel shriek inside the car. nice to know ya, you steal my car, i steal your hearing. sounds fair.
Those are things that people at MP3Car.Com recommand. Trust me when you have thousands of dollars worth of computer equiptments in the car, you want security that works.

I am getting a 130 db siren and I am hooking it inside the airvent (you have to remove the vents to do it real nice) and put a time trigger on that sucker on a secondary 12V Cell which I am going to use as a tank circuit for the computer. If you don't press the kill switch within 30 seconds, be ready to go deaf for a while.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!