How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2001, 03:11 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Did you just call me Ron?
Oh sh!t! I did. Sorry. I thought your post was from Ron Mummert. I apologize greatly. Everybody knows you're no idiot. You're a peckerhead!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-04-2001, 03:15 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100
I picked out a few things from the picture I thought that was interesting:

1. part of the touring package includes:

2-way power sunroof

Hehe man what a pain it would be if it was a 1-way sunroof. Manually push it open, then it lets you close. Or it opens on its own and you have to get ourside your to shove it back shut.

2. Full tank of fuel

Oooohhh! Wouldn't you hope if you just paid $28,574.00 for a gas the least they could do is throw in $20 in gas for you. Sheesh!

Ryan

"Two Way" to the Subaru People meant "tilt and slide." In the "early days" some sunroofs (Like that in my 80 Capri RS Turbo) would "tilt" and was "removable" but, would not slide. But, yes, that would be funny.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-04-2001, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
sticker

I'll bring the sticker to snowshoe for closer scrutiny by whoever is interested. The sticker with the tape liner on it was exactly as I received it, along with with all the info and accessories (SVX jacket, car cover, a case of factory air filters, a case of factory oil filters, a case of platinum spark plugs, etc) that were given to me by the original owner. She said the sticker came with the car but was not applied to the window. In fact, she was at the dealership when Anchor Motor Freight pulled up with her SVX on the carrier.

The portion of the sticker with the gas mileage comparisons is perforated and able to be removed from the main body of the sticker. I'm not sure of why that portion should be removable.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 09-04-2001, 05:26 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: sticker

Quote:
Originally posted by svxcess
She said the sticker came with the car but was not applied to the window. In fact, she was at the dealership when Anchor Motor Freight pulled up with her SVX on the carrier.

The portion of the sticker with the gas mileage comparisons is perforated and able to be removed from the main body of the sticker. I'm not sure of why that portion should be removable.
The factory sticker comes from the factory adhered to the window. Actually, now that I think about it, it would all be *port* installed stickers, because SOA buys the cars from Fuji with no warranty. At any rate, I have never seen a car come to a dealership with out the *factory* sticker adhered to the window. So what I read from what she told you is that they handed her the *dealer* sticker. Hope I'm not bruising someone's preconceived notions again! The gas mileage stickers are also factory (or port) applied, so should have been on the car when it arrived on the truck.
Old 09-04-2001, 06:15 PM
Zombie

Hello there. This is going to be fy first real post on this board. Not to start a wee wee contest, but when I turned wrenches at dodge, none of the cars or trucks had the factory sticker on the window. It was in the PDI packet with all of the check in and inventory crap on the passenger seat all shrink wrapped up. There was a little ziplock bag taped to the shrink, and thats where the keyes were. Mabey Subie does things different, but thats the way Mopar runs the game.
Old 09-04-2001, 08:38 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
I think you made a wrong turn back at Poughkeepsie...

<I'll bring the sticker to Snowshoe for closer scrutiny by whoever is interested>

That's a real shame that we won't be able to see the sticker John, 'cause we're all gonna be up at Canaan Valley! Thought you were going to be there WITH us... Don

Jerry, I think the thread needs to be retitled.
First annual West Virginia Meet- 2000- Snowshoe
Second annual West Virginia Meet- 2001- Canaan Valley

1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 09-05-2001, 12:41 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Zombie
Hello there. This is going to be fy first real post on this board. Not to start a wee wee contest, but when I turned wrenches at dodge, none of the cars or trucks had the factory sticker on the window. It was in the PDI packet with all of the check in and inventory crap on the passenger seat all shrink wrapped up. There was a little ziplock bag taped to the shrink, and thats where the keyes were. Mabey Subie does things different, but thats the way Mopar runs the game.
You may be right about Dodge, considering what a backwards product they put out, they may just expect the dealer to install the *factory* sticker. But when it comes to Subaru and even Pontiac, Chevrolet, and GMC, I'm right...I had to check 'em in, right off the truck on many occasions.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:53 AM
Zombie

sp you would know the pain of being in the middle of a PDY with a salesman hanging around like a vulture saying "When are you going to be done?? I've got a customer that wants to see that car!" and they love to repeat themselves dont they?
Old 09-05-2001, 08:15 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
sp you would know the pain of being in the middle of a PDY with a salesman hanging around like a vulture saying "When are you going to be done?? I've got a customer that wants to see that car!" and they love to repeat themselves dont they?
Salesmen learned very quickly to avoid any area I was working in. They'd get the owner to come back and ask if he could take the car. I once watched a service writer go over to a car in my stall, lower the hood on the car and drive it out of the shop. When he came back in the building I asked him how he was going to pay for the engine. He looked at me like "WTF are you talking about?" So I just kind of casually mentioned that the engine had no oil in it. His eyes got as large as pie plates and he turned a real purty shade of white, (he was oriental), and then I let him off the hook. I explained to him that it did have oil in it, but if he ever pulled a stunt like that again it'd be either him or me without a job, and trust me, it wouldn't have been me.

And theeeeeennnnnnnnn....
Old 09-05-2001, 08:59 AM
Zombie

Nice one... I had a salesman lower a Ram onto the driver side rotor and drum wandting to test drive it. I cant remeber why I had the tires off, but I did. HE got kind of scared when the passenger tires where on the ground, and the drivers side kept going down........I almost lost my job over that one for chasing the clown out of the shop with a tork wrench. The only other reall big issue I ever had was a lot tech that decided he would help me out by reconecting the negative battery cable that I had obviously forgotten to hook up. Not that bad for you might think, but I was right in the middle of an airbag recall on the Neon. I got puched in the face by an airbag, and if the kid had been any slower on the run, he would have got punched in the face by a Zombie. I got a feeling we will be swapping lots of shop stories.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:23 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Nice one... I had a salesman lower a Ram onto the driver side rotor and drum wandting to test drive it. I cant remeber why I had the tires off, but I did. HE got kind of scared when the passenger tires where on the ground, and the drivers side kept going down........I almost lost my job over that one for chasing the clown out of the shop with a tork wrench. The only other reall big issue I ever had was a lot tech that decided he would help me out by reconecting the negative battery cable that I had obviously forgotten to hook up. Not that bad for you might think, but I was right in the middle of an airbag recall on the Neon. I got puched in the face by an airbag, and if the kid had been any slower on the run, he would have got punched in the face by a Zombie. I got a feeling we will be swapping lots of shop stories.
Actually I was very lucky in all those years. I never got seriously hurt, nor did I injure anyone else. We did have one guy that worked there that was a complete moron. In less than a year he blew up a euro style headlight in his face, (trip to the emergency room), drove a scirocco through the shop door while closed, (put brakes on and didn't pump them up before starting off), and pulled the plug on the hydraulic hoist while it was raised, (don't know why actually, but he could've killed himself. He didn't, but he spent *alot* of time cleaning hydraulic oil off of all the cars around him.)

Stories about working on or around cars...got tons of them!
Old 09-05-2001, 09:31 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000
drove a scirocco through the shop door while closed
Oh the humanity of it all! The poor VW!

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 09-05-2001, 10:26 AM
Zombie

sounds like that guy was as sharp as a bag of wet hair.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:30 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
sounds like that guy was as sharp as a bag of wet hair.
Yeah, it got slow around Christmas time one year and he was crying that he wasn't getting enough hours. I suggested that he ask for his vacation pay, (we used to do that all the time when it got slow), he thought that was a *super* idea. What he couldn't get through that thick skull was when summer rolled around that he could take the week off, but he wouldn't get paid for it. I think his exact words were, "that's not fair, they have to pay you if you go on vacation." After 45 minutes of myself and the service manager trying to explain to him that he would have already used the pay, just not the time...we gave up.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:16 PM
Zombie

I watched a lot tech get out of a lexus RX 300 to oen the shop door one, without putting the RX in park. He ended up running himself over, and hitting the door to the drive. Funny, he was the same lot tech that plugged in the battery on me.