How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-03-2001, 07:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
consumer reports ugh!

I just read this month's consumer reports on used cars and I was utterly offended by the magazines less than deserved description of the svx. They had no stats on the car made the car sound like it wasn't even worth looking at and to show just how much they knew about the svx it states that the svx production was cancelled in 1996!! Can you believe that! Consumer reports has usually been a reliable source but man I can't be they print this stuff

chris
Old 09-03-2001, 07:36 PM
aas0242

consumer

If i'm not mistaken, manufacturing of the SVX's was
stopped in December of 1996. SVX '97 are made in
1996 then.
Old 09-03-2001, 08:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
well if that is the case then Iam mistaken. sorry. but still they gave a less than appropriate description of the svx.

chris
Old 09-03-2001, 09:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Re: consumer reports ugh!

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
I just read this month's consumer reports on used cars and I was utterly offended by the magazines less than deserved description of the svx. They had no stats on the car made the car sound like it wasn't even worth looking at and to show just how much they knew about the svx it states that the svx production was cancelled in 1996!! Can you believe that! Consumer reports has usually been a reliable source but man I can't be they print this stuff

chris
Any chance that you might be able to scan that article? I would love to read it.

Thanks

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 09-03-2001, 10:43 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: consumer reports ugh!

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001

chris
The people who are reporting on majority of these cars don't even know what they look like. All they know are the pictures and what other sources says. Most of the times, unless I have taken the car out and driven at least a couple of hundred miles in it, I can/will not trust any thing written in black and white unless it says Lwin Maung vs. people of (fill in the name of the state)

Lwin

just my thought on articles
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-04-2001, 07:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Hmmm.... I was just looking at the articles I scanned up to my site......interesting how almost all of them applaud the SVX......and many years later, we are seeing people say the opposite.

Its either good or bad....it doesn't evolve...its an inanimate object!!!

I particulary like going through old car magazines and reading write ups...and then reviews on the same car many years later, often in the same mag under 'Used Buys' or other such nonsense, and the views are the polar opposite.

In any event, look at the bright side!! Keeps demand down!!

Jamsvx

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!