Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2001, 05:57 PM
uconnscott

Kenwood MP3 Player

I just read the mazda mp3 post, thought I should mention I just got a Kenwood MP3 player installed in my car last night, as well as new JBL front componet speakers, and Boston Acustics 6 by 9s in the rear.

This new stuff sounds 1000 times better then before. The MP3 playback funcion works great. No complaints (except that I am now broke!)

Anyway the technology is very cool. Now I just have to fix my check engine light problem. The mechanic says it is a sensor issue but the light goes on intermittitly so it is difficult to diagnose. My security system is "toast", the mechanic said the "brains" are shot and orded me a new "brain" for $145.

Also, I sucked and up and shelled out the $145 for a new sunvisor. I know that it is a ripoff, but I just couldn't stand it anymore. All new stuff should be put in next saturday morning. I can't wait.

Looks like my puchasing days are over for at least several months, now I just pray tha my tranny holds up!!

By the way I have a 92 ls-l with 72.5k miles, black (so spoiler YET!). I could use some advise I how to make my signiture (can't find it). Thanks.
Old 09-01-2001, 11:36 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Kenwood MP3 Player

Quote:
Originally posted by uconnscott
I could use some advise I how to make my signiture (can't find it). Thanks.
Scott, go up to the purple buttons, diagonally down and right of the SVX Net logo. Click on "user cp" then, at the row of buttons at the top of that page, click on edit profile. Then, scroll down 'til you find the "Signature" heading and the window to the right to write in the info. Then, submit.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-02-2001, 05:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX

Quote:
I just read the mazda mp3 post, thought I should mention I just got a Kenwood MP3 player installed in my car last night, as well as new JBL front componet speakers, and Boston Acustics 6 by 9s in the rear.
<sigh> Gone are the days when we had to bolt computers into our cars to create MP3 installations...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-02-2001, 07:28 PM
uconnscott

Thumbs up

Thank for signiture info, hopefully it will work now........by the way after a great 1 hour of driving, by car was smoking last night. bad smell, transmission fluid is leaking from power steering fulid case (or whatever it is called). Hopefully nothing to major. Will get more fluid tommarow and take to shop (yet AGAIN) on tuesday. I really really hope it isn't too expensive! (I didn't quite realize the financial impact of buy a not-super-reliable sports car!

Oh well there is no turning back now, and I still love the ride (new speakers, mp3 player make it twice as nice)!
Old 09-02-2001, 07:55 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100

Quote:
Cool what model did you get? I bought mine 2 days after getting my SVX.

I love it, 130+ songs on one cd...who can complain.

Later,
Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 09-03-2001, 12:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Thank for signiture info, hopefully it will work now........by the way after a great 1 hour of driving, by car was smoking last night. bad smell, transmission fluid is leaking from power steering fulid case (or whatever it is called). Hopefully nothing to major. Will get more fluid tommarow and take to shop (yet AGAIN) on tuesday. I really really hope it isn't too expensive! (I didn't quite realize the financial impact of buy a not-super-reliable sports car!

Oh well there is no turning back now, and I still love the ride (new speakers, mp3 player make it twice as nice)!
Don't let them tell you you need a new pump before you change the O-ring between the reservoir and the pump. It is perhaps all you need. It's an easy fix. I've posted directions before. Just do a search on "O-ring" and I'm sure you'll find them.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-03-2001, 07:36 PM
uconnscott

Thumbs up

Aredubjay,

Thanks alot for the advice. My mechanic is right near where i work (the same guy I just gave a ton of my money to). If he ever wants my business again he will attempt the o-ring fix at minimal costs. I work around 50 hours a week and will not have time myselelf (and I really would mess up the o-ring fix).

I did print it out. And I will tell him about it to make sure they do it. If it continues to smoke, I guess I will have to get a second job and pay for the pump.........I will follow up on this.

By the way, the MP3 player is model KDC-MP8017. I love the sound.........now i just got to lose the smoke.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:33 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Aredubjay,

Thanks alot for the advice. My mechanic is right near where i work (the same guy I just gave a ton of my money to). If he ever wants my business again he will attempt the o-ring fix at minimal costs. I work around 50 hours a week and will not have time myselelf (and I really would mess up the o-ring fix).

I did print it out. And I will tell him about it to make sure they do it. If it continues to smoke, I guess I will have to get a second job and pay for the pump.........I will follow up on this.

By the way, the MP3 player is model KDC-MP8017. I love the sound.........now i just got to lose the smoke.
Are you getting any noise at all? Obviously, it could be a loose or cracked return hose -- easily replaced. My smoke ended up coming from a tranny cooler hose that was leaking. Could be several things, but, these are the ones I can remember coming across most frequently. My guess is, though, it's the o-ring. I had lots of "pooling" on top of the engine when mine was bad. Raplaced it and no more pooling, no more jittering at low speed turns and no more squealing when the steering wheel hit lock to lock. Good luck -- hope it's just a minor problem.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-04-2001, 07:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Are you getting any noise at all? Obviously, it could be a loose or cracked return hose -- easily replaced
The problem on mine was the pressure line going from the pump. part was over $100!!, but not very difficult to fix.

good luck hope it's something simple
Old 09-06-2001, 06:47 AM
uconnscott

Cool Great advice!

It was the o ring!!!!!

Thanks guys, you saved me alot of money! I printed out the replys to my problem (which i will attempt to put in the technical q & a portion in the future). I gave it to the mechanics and told them what i thought it was. They complemented the site after fixing the problem for $80. I just didn't want to do it myself and they did it the same day.

Thanks again!
Old 09-07-2001, 09:08 AM
kvnobrien

Re: Re: Kenwood MP3 Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

<sigh> Gone are the days when we had to bolt computers into our cars to create MP3 installations...
I did that, what a hoot that was. I never heard the same song on a 6 1/2 hour trip, one way(I think I had over 48 hours of continious music, and that isn't that much anymore). I had it in the SVX for a week or so, but took it out because it was pretty cheesy.

Kev
Old 09-07-2001, 10:28 AM

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Re: Great advice!

Quote:
It was the o ring!!!!!

Thanks guys, you saved me alot of money! I printed out the replys to my problem (which i will attempt to put in the technical q & a portion in the future). I gave it to the mechanics and told them what i thought it was. They complemented the site after fixing the problem for $80. I just didn't want to do it myself and they did it the same day.

Thanks again!
Glad it was something simple!