How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Hater

the 350Z isn't gonna get much faster, either. NA = performance exhaust, and ........
even if i did like the look of it, i'd wait for the turbo version. actually, i take that back - i'd buy an STi.

<OT>
i saw an episode of Motor Trend TV the other day where they test all these "fast" cars, and the new EVO was one of them. 0-60 in 4.6 sec!!! what's scary is, the STi will be even faster!
i think the EVO is kinda dumpy looking. i'd love a silver STi with some nice 5-spoke wheels (no gold!) and a low-profile WRX wing. that would be SWEET!
</OT>

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-08-2003, 03:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
the 350Z isn't gonna get much faster, either. NA = performance exhaust, and ........
even if i did like the look of it, i'd wait for the turbo version. actually, i take that back - i'd buy an STi.

<OT>
i saw an episode of Motor Trend TV the other day where they test all these "fast" cars, and the new EVO was one of them. 0-60 in 4.6 sec!!! what's scary is, the STi will be even faster!
i think the EVO is kinda dumpy looking. i'd love a silver STi with some nice 5-spoke wheels (no gold!) and a low-profile WRX wing. that would be SWEET!
</OT>
In my most recent Motor Trend mag they actually tested the STi... it fell short of the Evo in accelaration. I still think it looks way better and would probably be much nicer to drive/ride in... but all the performance specs are a bit under the Evo. Still fast as h*ll, though... capable of 0-60 in 4.87 and a quarter in 13.23 @ 104.6!

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 05-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

In my most recent Motor Trend mag they actually tested the STi... it fell short of the Evo in accelaration. I still think it looks way better and would probably be much nicer to drive/ride in... but all the performance specs are a bit under the Evo. Still fast as h*ll, though... capable of 0-60 in 4.87 and a quarter in 13.23 @ 104.6!
from all i read, the STi was supposedly better to 60, but the EVO handled a LITTLE better. i guess different cars/different drivers will get different results. i would take an STi over the EVO any day, though - not because i love Subarus, but because i don't trust Mitsubishi's! BTW, the EVO is pushing out 19lbs of boost, whereas the STi has 14.5lbs and room for more.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:

I know you two tend to get on each others' nerves, but can't we all just get along?
It's just a constant downer. I LOVE my SVX, and I know it isn't king of the road, but hell, compared to MOST cars, it's still PRETTY capable. I'd like to improve some things, but there's always Solar saying it can't be done, it won't work, the SVX is slow, always will be, bla bla bla. Just gets on my nerves. :|

Anyway, I apologize Solar, just try to have a more positive attitude. Hell, there's even a 6spd SVX running around now.

- Rob
Old 05-08-2003, 04:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

It's just a constant downer. I LOVE my SVX, and I know it isn't king of the road, but hell, compared to MOST cars, it's still PRETTY capable. I'd like to improve some things, but there's always Solar saying it can't be done, it won't work, the SVX is slow, always will be, bla bla bla. Just gets on my nerves. :|

Anyway, I apologize Solar, just try to have a more positive attitude. Hell, there's even a 6spd SVX running around now.

- Rob
I know you love your SVX, Rob... as do most of us here. I also realize that these types of comments get on your nerves, but I think it is more effective to calm a bit before responding, and then just kindly address the comments with questions of why the low confidence in the SVX, and with how you feel about the SVX. I think it would just keep things more civil as well as on topic and/or informative.

Alex' 6 speeder is quite "running around" yet... but that is just due to the tire size difference (which I found to be rather funny when I saw it). I think it is more "loping" around, waiting to be fit with some nice running shoes. I can't wait to see and/or ride in it!

So, is there going to be a 'lil meet somewhere between Madison and Minneapolis? Hopefully I could make it, and hopefully with a working SVX.

Old 05-08-2003, 04:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
no problem, rob the svx is a decent car,,
just saying performance wise,

14.1 stock 350z
15.5 stock svx

performance u can not compare,.that is why i said "think abought it"

i think luxry,, and looks the svx is much more apealing,

ohhh stillen already has in the work a supercharger i wonder how it will come out, .

rob i have no hard feelings,, we must be the most opisite people in here, and verry opininated,

alright enough of my babling =>

Last edited by solarsvx; 05-08-2003 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

from all i read, the STi was supposedly better to 60, but the EVO handled a LITTLE better. i guess different cars/different drivers will get different results. i would take an STi over the EVO any day, though - not because i love Subarus, but because i don't trust Mitsubishi's! BTW, the EVO is pushing out 19lbs of boost, whereas the STi has 14.5lbs and room for more.
I thought it was supposed to best the Evo, too. It just didn't when Motor Trend tested it... who knows if that would be the norm or a fluke. I would DEFINITELY opt for the STi over the Evo, too. Hmmm... 4.5 lbs less boost on the STi, huh? I guess that would be due to it having the larger 2.5 liter displacement. It would be awesome to see what a few mods could do to the STi. Yeah, the Evo did handle better... not sure about the skidpad, but the 600 ft slalom was 69.1 mph and 71.4 mph in favor of the Evo, which I think is a significant difference. The Evo also stopped from 60 in 106 feet compared to the 111 feet of the STi (both phenominal, however).

I just wish I could do more than just dream about being able to afford an STi.

Old 05-08-2003, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx
no problem, rob the svx is a decent car,, i wouldnt own one if love the car,

just saying performance wise,

14.1 stock 350z
15.5 stock svx

performance u cant compare,.thats why i said "think abought it"

i think luxry,, and looks the svx is much more apealing,

ohhh stillen already has in the work a supercharger i wonder how it will com out, .

rob i have no hard feelings,, we must be the most opisite people in here, and verry opininated,

alright enough of my babling =>
There can't even be that much of a demand for aftermarket performance parts for the 350 yet. That is sooo not fair, why couldn't STi have come up with some SVX goodies... not fair I tells 'ya.

James, what is up with the grammar lately? It seems to have deteriorated. Are you typing in a hurry or somethin'? Watch out or your posts may start to look like Yon's.

Old 05-08-2003, 05:15 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I know a doctor here who was probably the first to get his 350Z here last September. I overheard him talking about where the supercharger was going to go under the hood. That was last year! I'm going to have to find him again.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Superbeast

If I remember correctly stillen does make a supercharger kit for the 350Z but it requiers an aftrmarket hood to clear it. Stiilen also sells the hood.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 05-09-2003, 02:55 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:

There can't even be that much of a demand for aftermarket performance parts for the 350 yet. That is sooo not fair, why couldn't STi have come up with some SVX goodies... not fair I tells 'ya.

James, what is up with the grammar lately? It seems to have deteriorated. Are you typing in a hurry or somethin'? Watch out or your posts may start to look like Yon's.
becuase it was designed in 1993 to build subarus into allout rally cars. We were onthe way out by then
Old 05-09-2003, 11:25 PM
RRX

Those 350z aren't that fast anyway from what I hear. My friend who owns a 300zx test drove the 350z and said its much slower than the older one.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX

becuase it was designed in 1993 to build subarus into allout rally cars. We were onthe way out by then
Awwww... crappy. It just sucks that you can get all kinds of performance parts for so many incredibly weak (and IMHO, stupid to modify) cars, but nothin' for a cool car like the SVX.

Old 05-11-2003, 12:03 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Watch out for THIS 350Z!!
Old 05-11-2003, 01:03 AM
RRX

Quote:

Awwww... crappy. It just sucks that you can get all kinds of performance parts for so many incredibly weak (and IMHO, stupid to modify) cars, but nothin' for a cool car like the SVX.
I feel you...It frustrating that we have to struggle to get any sort of aftermarket parts. Most companies will not make anything because there is no demand. It seems like most SVX owners prefer to leave their cars stock.