Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: Funny little thing....

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
I have never been stopped or gotten a moving violation before (amazing but true). But I have been in cars that have been stopped at night and one thing that I have noticed is that the cop never fails to blind you and your passenger with that massive Mag Lite that he has.... I have always wanted to have a 2 million candle power spot light pluged in and when the cop comes up to the window and asks "How are you doing" I would flash that big spot light right at him and reply nice and loud "Fine officer how 'bout you???" ...... But I am almost positive that he would draw his gun on me and possibly think that I am some crazy bastard and shoot me..... The last thing that I need is to have my command hear about how I blinded a cop on the side of the road and got a gun pulled on me and arrested for it!!!!! I don't know how I'd explane that one

From my time as LE.... you would definitely create a situation that you would not come out well on....... Please don't get into a situation where you put the officer in any more fear for his life than he normally has.... I know that there is the occasional @sshole cop..... But if you had to deal with the abuse and constant adrenaline rush that they go through every time they approach a car.... you would understand.... They don't deal with the same type of people you deal with all day... Most of the people that they deal with are trying to get away with something. That's how they approach every stop. The ones that don't, end up hurt or worse..... With very few exceptions if you get pulled over.... there's a reason... It may not be something you did... It may be just the color of your hair... the color of your car.... even the direction you are coming from... If you listen to police radio... You will understand that sometimes the information that we get is somewhat incomplete due to "eye witness" information.. Sometimes the officer will extrapolate on the information just so that something won't get by him/her. Be nice… Drive safe and have fun… Remember moderation in all things… Including moderation!!!!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 02-06-2003, 01:51 PM

tell the cop that you were trying to keep up with the traffic around you..but if there is no traffic start getting upset and say...YEAH THERE IS, CAN'T YOU SEE THEM ALL....LOOK OUT OFFICER! THAT SEMI ALMOST TOOK YOU OUT!

when he pulls you overs....twittle your short hair and say jeeee officer, i saw you over there and you looked kinda lonely, i didn't wanna scare you by pullin up next to you and asking for your number...could you write me a ticket so that i can see you in court in a few weeks, your kinda cute...what was your first name again??

thank god you are here officer....i am so afraid, the FBI is following me...and i am really scared...they are trying to read my thoughts. they said that they want to do experiments on me...they might be reading your thoughts too...don't think, just follow me, i know a place where they can't hear us.....

ha, i am glad that i got your attention, you kinda look like that hot movie star________ and i just wanted a cheap way to get your autograph

when he says your eys look a little red, have you been drinking, don't say to him, hey your eyes look a little glazed, have you been eating donuts???

i just bat my eyes and play stupid, usually works, unless i know the officer...then it is jokes and giggles...lol

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: women get off light

see that's all a woman's got to do to get off light. batt their eyes, or twirl their hair, or flash them.

we on the other hand have to get a beating to get off

i tried to bribe an alabama cop once. did not go well. guess i did not have enough cash.

funny posts kelli and marine.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Locker Link Solution

Re: Re: Radar

Quote:
Originally posted by sfsvx

It's called a radar jammer, and they've been advertised in many car magazines. They're grossly illegal at the municipal, state, and federal levels (maybe even the UN, who knows what those wackos are doing?).

Want an interesting experience? Have a cop discover a jammer in your car.
I think it is only illigal in a couple states (its a privacy issue). I'm 90% sure I can use it here (MA). But it doesn't send back a slower speed it just turns everything to garbage and it can't read anything. So a cop could still get you for est. speed.

The deal with laser is it needs a flat surface to reflect back a beam. So with cars the way they are today (esp. ours) the only thing on the car is the plate. You can get a cover that distorts light to help with that. I haven't seen them for a while though, so maybe one of the covers that prevent the camera boxes from takin a photo of your plate will work.

Here are some link for those who have money to burn...
http://www.laserbusters.com/rbs975.asp
http://www.radarjam.com/laser_shield.asp (i found it)
http://www.ammtech.com/wh1595se1.htm

Blinder is the best for the money. There are some others out there that are completely hidden, and claim to work even better... but you'll pay about a grand.

I would just go with the plate cover and a detector though.

Just to add to the coments...
Officer: do you have any idea how fast you where going??
Me: I have NO idea.
(officer looks shocked)
Me: My speedometer doesn't work.
In my eagle the excuse was that the speedo stops at 100.

..but really I have only had one ticket though that I couldn't get out of, and I beat it in court. The cop was just a dick, and needed to give me a ticket... I actually had done nothing.

Got pulled over twice in 1 hour once! The first time was a concerned cop that wanted me to fix my windshield. He said it was a $300 fine. I pass this guy everyday in the morning and it was broken for a month, but he let me go with a warning. That was at the begining of the comute. Towards the end I got pulled over again. It was mistaken identity. It ended right there though, I didn't get arrested (this wasn't the svx) I was just happy that it was a second fine that fate decided I didn't need.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 02-08-2003, 12:56 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I use the Bel Vector 950. Same thing as 980/990 but without ku band. Works very well even in the SVX.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 02-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

RE: are jammers legal?

I found this article concerning rocky mountain radar (RMR).
I know the article's old, but did RMR win against the FCC?

http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Complianc...7/fcc97404.txt
http://www.fcc.gov/ogc/documents/opi.../rockymtn.html

If the spirit II was not approved (probably because it worked) does that mean the other's don't work? if they do does anyone have any idea on how? i can see why the spirit II would work sending out white noise, but what other ways are there to alter radio frequencies?

Last edited by Noir; 02-10-2003 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:34 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Question Re: Re: Re: Radar

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedklix

I think it is only illigal in a couple states (its a privacy issue). I'm 90% sure I can use it here (MA). But it doesn't send back a slower speed it just turns everything to garbage and it can't read anything. So a cop could still get you for est. speed.

The deal with laser is it needs a flat surface to reflect back a beam. So with cars the way they are today (esp. ours) the only thing on the car is the plate. You can get a cover that distorts light to help with that. I haven't seen them for a while though, so maybe one of the covers that prevent the camera boxes from takin a photo of your plate will work.

Here are some link for those who have money to burn...
http://www.laserbusters.com/rbs975.asp
http://www.radarjam.com/laser_shield.asp (i found it)
http://www.ammtech.com/wh1595se1.htm

Blinder is the best for the money. There are some others out there that are completely hidden, and claim to work even better... but you'll pay about a grand.

I would just go with the plate cover and a detector though.

Just to add to the coments...
Officer: do you have any idea how fast you where going??
Me: I have NO idea.
(officer looks shocked)
Me: My speedometer doesn't work.
In my eagle the excuse was that the speedo stops at 100.

..but really I have only had one ticket though that I couldn't get out of, and I beat it in court. The cop was just a dick, and needed to give me a ticket... I actually had done nothing.

Got pulled over twice in 1 hour once! The first time was a concerned cop that wanted me to fix my windshield. He said it was a $300 fine. I pass this guy everyday in the morning and it was broken for a month, but he let me go with a warning. That was at the begining of the comute. Towards the end I got pulled over again. It was mistaken identity. It ended right there though, I didn't get arrested (this wasn't the svx) I was just happy that it was a second fine that fate decided I didn't need.
That "Laser Shield" looks like nothing more than a thin sheet of lexan that has been sanded to nearly opaque. Anyone have one of these who can comment on it?

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.