How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-27-2003, 07:55 PM
alacrity024

Touring Cars..

I'm watching Japanese Touring Cars on Speedvision right now.. pretty cool stuff.. seems like NSX's, Supra's and Skylines are dominating. The Skylines are running a turbocharged, 2-liter V6.. *****in'.

I did a double take when I saw a familiar looking set of headlights. Indeed, I watched awhile longer and my hopes were confirmed.. Cusco is running an Impreza! neat! of course, it didn't seem to be doing too well, but oh well.. at least they're trying. Let's see a new Subaru touring car with a twin-turbo flat-six! woo!!

-adam
Old 01-28-2003, 05:49 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

are you talking about the white one??? the one that took second place?? I was watching that stuff last night too after I got out of class. But the skylines where running a 2800cc twin turbo inline6 in the race that I was watching.... that sounds abit more like the real engine that is in skylines. When I lived in australia back in 1999 I knew a friend's parents that had a 1992 Skyline GT-R!!! It was an unbelieavable car!!! It had a Twin-Turbo 2.6 Ltr inline 6 that redlined around 8000rpm!!!!! That was in 92!!!! It was blazing fast!!! I always thought that that was amazing how they could get a inline 6 to spin so fast back then and make so much Hp!! I still like the SVX engine more though... I just wish there was an easy way to strap on Two turbos and properly regulate everything, then we would have some crazy Hp too. Cusco should enter a SVX in the GT car races!!! I'd pay to see that!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 01-28-2003, 09:10 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Yeah, JGTC is fun to watch. At the front, it's mostly Supras, Skylines and NSXs. The Supra entries actually use 4cyl turbos instead of the inline six.

There's a surpsising array of cars in the field, in both the GT500 and GT300 classes. Vipers, Diablos, McLaren F1s, Porsches, etc...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 01-28-2003 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:52 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Biff! Bam!!! Pow!!!!

I watched the same show with similar reactions. Except....

Dale Earnhardt was a little old lady compared to the rough driving in that race. If they won't move over....MOVE 'UM OVER!!!!
The vehicle to HAVE was not a Skyline or F1.....it would have been one of the cars from "Mad Max"!

Mostly great racing though....Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 01-28-2003 at 03:56 PM.