Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2003, 11:52 AM
calmone

tires, AGAIN!

i see many run avid v4's. the tire rack seems to give higher ratings to a sumitomo HTR+. they go for $13 more per tire than the avids. any experience with the sumitomos'???
Old 01-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Tires

I had asked about the Summos for my XT6 but most people who had them said they have very poor wet and snow traction and that they tend to go out of round. My mom had Hanooks put on her Legacy turbo that had this problem as well. If your ordering from Tirerack this could be a problem if you have to send them back for a warranty problem.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:21 PM
calmone

i have to say i'm still tempted. almost all the rire rack reviews are good, and one is from an svxer in wv (7/02). idunno. sears has them on sale for the same $89 price till thursday. ahhhhhhh!!!!!
Old 01-13-2003, 07:57 PM
FriedRice

All I can say is that I have been very happy with the Avid V4's on my SVX and the H4's on my delSol. They do well in dry and wet. They used to be acceptable (for wide tires) in the snow; however, the AWD has decided to be more of a FWD and with 177k on it, I am in no hurry to fix that problem.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:00 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Price

I was gonna get the Sumitomos, but they are W (or maybe Z?) rated so the warranty is not as good as the V4's. If you can find a better price online Sears will match it plus $12. If you are interested in the Yoko's go to onlinetires.com, they have them for like $62. I got the Yoko's mounted, balanced, new valve stems, and a road hazzard warranty for only $450.

P.S. Make sure they put your wheels on the RIGHT side (read my post "New Tire Experience" for more info)

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 01-17-2003, 02:29 PM
calmone

"If you are interested in the Yoko's go to onlinetires.com, they have them for like $62"

i found the "onlinetire" site down for a few days, back up today. the $62 price is a steal, UNFORTUNANTLY while i found their prices to be very good (sometimes better than tirerack) they apparently no longer have the yoko's in stock.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:46 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Yeah...

but sears doesnt know that, just print the page with the price on it and bring it in to sears. They'll match it, they just add $12 for what you would have had to spend on shipping if you bought online.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300