How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Congrats! Best of luck, it's a grand feeling.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Congrats!!!

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 03-17-2008, 02:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Jesus the stress is starting to make it not even worth it. I could just run down to the strip and we could get married for $40. Why the hell do I need to spend all this money and stress over all the details! I dont give a grap about a big wedding, or even a Batchler party. I just want to get married.

Sorry had to rant. Ever since the planning started theres been alot of tention between us. And we both know its the stress doing it.

Edit: P.S. Thank you for all the congrats.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:59 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg View Post
Jesus the stress is starting to make it not even worth it. I could just run down to the strip and we could get married for $40. Why the hell do I need to spend all this money and stress over all the details! I dont give a grap about a big wedding, or even a Batchler party. I just want to get married.

Sorry had to rant. Ever since the planning started theres been alot of tention between us. And we both know its the stress doing it.

Congrats Mike. Its a once in a lifetime event that im sure your fiance has dreamed about since she was a little girl.

But me, I 'm on your side. I would take all the money for the wedding and use it for a downpayment on the house.

How big of a wedding are you guys planning?
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg View Post

Weddings can be really stressful if you decide to care about family attending and focus alot on the tiny details. My friend got married and she basically dropped out of school for a year because all the preparations were eating her time up. She had a fairly small wedding (<100 guests) and it was still a pain. I think she spent several thousand just for food at the reception for relatives she doesn't even know.. Plus some churchs have rigorous testing to make sure you are compatibile before they will marry you.
It's a crazy mess but I'm sure you will make it through. Hopefully you can enlist the help of your parents, friends, and close relatives to delegate tasks (like finding a reception hall, dj or musicians, etc).

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 03-18-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE1221 View Post
Congrats Mike. Its a once in a lifetime event that im sure your fiance has dreamed about since she was a little girl.

But me, I 'm on your side. I would take all the money for the wedding and use it for a downpayment on the house.

How big of a wedding are you guys planning?
LOL, once in a lifetime hardly. This is her third and my second. LOL
Old 03-18-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
Weddings can be really stressful if you decide to care about family attending and focus alot on the tiny details. My friend got married and she basically dropped out of school for a year because all the preparations were eating her time up. She had a fairly small wedding (<100 guests) and it was still a pain. I think she spent several thousand just for food at the reception for relatives she doesn't even know.. Plus some churchs have rigorous testing to make sure you are compatibile before they will marry you.
It's a crazy mess but I'm sure you will make it through. Hopefully you can enlist the help of your parents, friends, and close relatives to delegate tasks (like finding a reception hall, dj or musicians, etc).
So far, we're getting married at the park ($25), have the preacher reserved ($175) and the reception is going to be at the house. The big issue is time. June is pretty close.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Hey Mike

I have only just seen your thread, Congratulations!!

It seems to be a common thing over here that the ladies want the Big Day, and the men are less than enthusiastic about the chance to make a load of people in the hospitality industry rich, while the two of you struggle to buy and furnish a house.

You have both had a practice run or two, so try not to step on each other's toes, that won't be too hard to do if you think things through!

Although you say this is hardly a Once in a Lifetime thing, maybe it should be really. I hope you are both so right for each other that this will prove to be the last Wedding Day either of you will ever need.

Best of luck man,

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-18-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Hey Mike

I have only just seen your thread, Congratulations!!

It seems to be a common thing over here that the ladies want the Big Day, and the men are less than enthusiastic about the chance to make a load of people in the hospitality industry rich, while the two of you struggle to buy and furnish a house.

You have both had a practice run or two, so try not to step on each other's toes, that won't be too hard to do if you think things through!

Although you say this is hardly a Once in a Lifetime thing, maybe it should be really. I hope you are both so right for each other that this will prove to be the last Wedding Day either of you will ever need.

Best of luck man,

Joe

Thanks, and it my not be the once in a lifetime, but hopefully the last of this lifetime for us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: