Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 08:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Get this crap!!! Kinda Long

I brought my svx to the subaru dealer last friday, and I write practically an essay telling them EXACTLY what I want, Iam not embellishing at all. I told them that the car is overheating and regardless of whatever else is wrong I want the timing belt and waterpump fixed, as well as the thermostat checked. Now I have had the car for a little over a year and when I bought it I had the car throughly checked and the water pump was on it's way out, so I knew this was the problem. I didn't have the money, so the mechanic put the bars leak in there to fix it. as a temporary fix.

So back to the story, today talk to subaru and they say the car is done, I was like great how much. they say 60$, Iam like wow that's cheap for what I asked to be done, and they replied, oh we didn't do anything, the car seemed fine so we didn't do anything. NOw this is ridiculous, I go in asking for a service to be provided and they completely disregard it, they NEVER EVEN ORDERED THE PARTS!!!!! so the car might be done by monday. Thank God Iam in college and don't need it immediately.

Now I have asked this question again and again and have gotten no response, does anyone know were a respectable knowledgable svx mechanic is? I live in orange county ny. Iam willing to drive an hour and a half away just as Iam assured good service. I hate this, this is ridiculous. Sorry so long, but I needed a place to vent.

chris (want to ring the mechanics at middletown subaru/acura)
Old 05-09-2002, 09:36 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Sorry so long, but I needed a place to vent.
Chris,
That's what we're here for. We've all vented, at least once (some of overdo it a bit -- right "Boomin'" ), but, we're here for ya.

Some of us have had dealership nightmares, others have wonderul relationships. I wish I knew where to tell you to go, but, I'm a little far away, and I can't remember hearing of a good dealership in your area. Hopefully, someone can help you though.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-09-2002, 10:09 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
You would probably feel worse if they had done more than you asked, without your consent. "We assumed you wanted the overheating fixed, so we replaced the radiator and the head gaskets." At least they erred to the inexpensive side...
Old 05-09-2002, 10:21 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Quote:
That's what we're here for. We've all vented, at least once (some of overdo it a bit -- right "Boomin'" ), but, we're here for ya.
LOL, yeah, you guys are awsome that way. oh, and aredub, sorry for the guilt trip in the other post. I guess I'm just a little touchy for some reason. No worries roight mate?
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 05-09-2002, 10:28 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by BoominSVX

LOL, yeah, you guys are awsome that way. oh, and aredub, sorry for the guilt trip in the other post. I guess I'm just a little touchy for some reason. No worries roight mate?
'S all good, homes.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-09-2002, 10:41 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Noice!! I feel all warm and squishy inside. This is interesting, no matter what I do, your always 1 step ahead of me in the posts. Anyway, now that we have gotten way off topic, let's see if we can come up with some ideas.
SVXMAN, if you are somehow as fortunate as I was, you might be able to find a tech that has worked on your car since day 1. You know no one does the main problems by themselves. I found Jerry at the Webster, MA meet last saturday out of sheer luck, and he told me all kinds of good things about the car. Almost like he really cared for it, but maybe if you asked where the car came from, you could get and idea of the closest dealership and call them. If there is a tech that has always done the work on the car, I would send it to him. He can't be that far away. I know it's a long shot, but if you do find him, you know he will do all he can to keep that car in top shape. I don't think they would hand the car over to just any rookie that didn't know what he was doing. Maybe you should give it a shot. Have you got an records of past work with dealer names on them?
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.