Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-28-2003, 09:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
Post went car shoping need opinions

well this saturday i went car shoping first time in 4 years maybe. this is what i wanted to look at and my opinions on each car.

the dodge neon srt . i liked the power and performance end hated the cheesey dash and fit and finish was horible. but again its a 19,000 car and there are no mark ups . but stilL fwd

the nissan 350 z gorgous gorgous gorgous i liked everything abought it,, nothing but pure sports car down sides, its pricey , for my tastes and the dealership have 3,000-5,000 mark ups wich i refuse to pay ,, any ways its kinda out of my price range.

the 2004 subaru wrx. went to bill bryan subaru and let me drive one around for abit i fell in love with it. "2003 model actually. i loave the AWD and love the 227 hp very nice,, now dont get ofended i can stand the looks, its boxy design and headlights are hedious. now i can get a killer deal on the left over 2003 model or waite a few more month for the 2004 to come out wich i like the headlights and front end much better but they wont flex on the price.

so my top choice right now for the price and value is the wrx,, if i get a body kit nice rims etc etc it will be a decent looking car but stil not sexy.

what do u guys think.. whats the good and bad pointes of your wrxes out there, and whats the difrences between 2003 and 2004 besides cosmetics?

as for my svx i wil be selling it out rigth. i wil shurely miss the car but it does have 100,000 miles on it . but has been a flawless car. and i love the looks and sex apeal.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:42 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
difference is purely cosmetic, new from fascia and headliht assy and rear is a bit smoother looking as well.

i hate to see you leaving our wonderful community, but th 04 WRX is a nice car. I too like the looks of the facia much better, you can get many STi parts pre painted as well form the factory, so if its looks your after with a nice bit of performance you've picked the right car.
phil
Old 04-28-2003, 10:43 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
For a daily driver? Or a track car? Are you going to be racing it? I've been in the SRT4 before, and yeah, hte fit and finish stinks, but it doesn't matter once you hit the gas.

The WRX is cool, but they're pretty common.

I don't understand why you'd sell your SVX solar, but whatever.

- Rob
Old 04-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Green1995SVX

Here's an 04 that my dealer has.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010038.jpg (60.5 KB, 151 views)
Old 04-28-2003, 10:54 AM

Registered SVX
im just looking,, i need a more reliable car,, that has value,, power and ether RWD or AWD the AWD has me spoiled.

im also learning u can buy a decent car these days for under 20,000 one with power and RWD or AWD .

rob i like the power and afordablity of the neon. they did well. if they let me test drive it i would have more of a opinion but the sale guys would not. said they are verry limited and want to keep the miles down on them wich is understandable, ohh and he wanted to do a credit check on me also just to test drive the damm thing,

the subaru guys where verry helpfull. my top choice is the 350z but its a bit expensive for my pocket book.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:05 AM
SVXdriver_007

When I first started looking at Subaru it was because of the WRX, I've been toying with buying one for two years now but I really don't want another car payment. I think you could get a great deal on the 03 and the looks will grow on you. Clearly it isn't as Sexy as the 350z and it cost more than the SRT-4 but look at what it offers that he SRT-4 doesn't, AWD, close to 10 yrs of hisory, (not here but in general), and a huge aftermarket of parts (I'm sure the SRT will also but this one is proven). for me the clincher is the AWD especially if its dailey driven, I just don't want to buy anything that isn't AWD, not after this last winter.
For the people here who will read into this and say I'm trashing the SRT, I'm not I'm not anti-neon, Doodge, or domestic the SRT-4 is impressive I just think pound for pound so to speak the WRX is better.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Well. Sorta. For a daily driver, I'd agree. The WRX is better. But I dunno... I just always like being 'different' from the rest of the crowd, and here in madison, there are a TON of people with WRXs who think they're sooooo coooooool. Blech. I just wouldnt really want to be associated with them.

My advice would be to spend your $ on the SVX, redo the dang thing with more power, a 6 spd transmission, and a built H6 with some badass suspension, but hey, that's just me.

- Rob
Old 04-29-2003, 07:59 PM
calmone

do you really want to sit in the wrx for longer than half an hour?
Old 04-29-2003, 09:32 PM
alacrity024

new wrx looks too much like an acura rsx. they should've just kept it the old way and brought it to the states.

-adam
Old 04-29-2003, 10:27 PM
CARLiTO_

yea, i would keep the svx too and rebuild the whole engine and do up the interior. Also convert it to 5/6 speed...this car can really move..
Old 04-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by calmone
do you really want to sit in the wrx for longer than half an hour?
its a comfortable car, with decent bolstered seats. to be honest, i think its maybe a little more comfy than the SVX. it doesn't have the luxurious faux suede , but it does have easy to clean "carbon fiber" and a two cupholders.

BTW Solar, check out one in Platinum Silver. its beautiful - the only color i'd get a WRX in.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Last edited by Landshark; 04-30-2003 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:15 AM

Registered SVX
yea alan i like the silver. i like the white a little bit it shows dirt way to much..

in abought a month im going to re asses my financial situation and see thats best for me. i have narowed it down to a wrx.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:25 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Good stuff Solar... Ya gotta stay in the Subaru family.... Be it WRX or SVX.... Subaru's just kick @SS!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...