Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-19-2014, 05:26 PM

AC leak

6 weeks ago, sudently, my ac stop working. I connect the needles and found low pressure. added new gas and system started again. One wek later, same problem. Added leak sealer, oil and more gas. still working but no cool coming out. Any idea of what could be wrong?? I've looked after a leak stain unsuccessfully. I've no codes on the temperature display.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:20 PM

Re: AC leak

A little info, please..

What year SVX?

What was in it? 134A?

You filled it yourself? Then I'd have to assume that unless you're a licensed technician, that you used 12A. If there was anything else in the system, that may be the issue. 12A should only be introduced to a system that has been vacuumed. It doesn't play well with other refrigerants.

Also, if you put in 12A, you only need about 40% by weight of 134A, if you put in too much, the compressor gets very, very unhappy, makes funny clicking noises and then stops working until you let out enough gas for it to work properly.

Don't ask me how I know this.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:20 AM

Re: AC leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
A little info, please..

What year SVX?

What was in it? 134A?

You filled it yourself? Then I'd have to assume that unless you're a licensed technician, that you used 12A. If there was anything else in the system, that may be the issue. 12A should only be introduced to a system that has been vacuumed. It doesn't play well with other refrigerants.

Also, if you put in 12A, you only need about 40% by weight of 134A, if you put in too much, the compressor gets very, very unhappy, makes funny clicking noises and then stops working until you let out enough gas for it to work properly.

Don't ask me how I know this.
well, here in Montreal, you can find 134R in pressurized cans on the store. and several types of gas: with oil, with sealers, with O'rings additives, with fluorescent components to help you find a leak.
It was working fine all these years, but now it isn't.
This is a 94 AWD. It's very usefull to use the defogger in winter too! So I need to repair it soon.

Tags
a/c, leaks