Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

Software runs fine on windows 7 64..has also been reported to work fine on windows 8. Are you sure you have .net 3.5 installed? Windows 7 doesn't come with it. If you copy and paste the error or tell me what it is I'll help.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Windows 7 comes with .net 3.5, but I don't think it's enabled out-of-the-box. Have to go to "turn windows features on/off", and enable it, and restart. No error code, just "This program has stopped".
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Just some dude.

windows 7 comes with .net 4. you need to use the link on my website to download the correct .net version from microsoft. It's on the ecutuner page in the paragraph explaining that you need it.

http://www.ecutune.com/ECUtuner.htm
Old 10-15-2012, 09:52 PM

Registered SVX

Right, tried that. When you run the installer, it tells you to go to the windows features on/off menu.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Right, tried that. When you run the installer, it tells you to go to the windows features on/off menu.
don't use the bootstrap download the full package. save it to your computer and then run it. the file name should be dotnetfx35.exe
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Just some dude.

also, did you install the d2xx or vcp drivers from ftdi? You need the d2xx drivers. http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
Old 10-15-2012, 10:10 PM

Registered SVX

Got the right ones. full package is downloading now, I'll let you know what happens.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Just some dude.

ok, one last thing to check just in case...make sure you are double clicking the right ecutuner file...there are a few files named ecutuner in there including and installer you don't have to use but can if you want. you might just be installing it over and over again. the correct file to launch the actual ap is the .exe
Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 PM

Registered SVX

"Failed to load FTD2XX.dll. Are the FTDI drivers installed?"

Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Just some dude.

doesn't sound like it...did you plug your ftdi ttl232r-5v cable in after running the ftdi d2xx driver installation program and did windows give you a popup when you plugged the cable in saying it recognized the cable and installed it successfully?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 PM

Registered SVX

Nope just tried that on my desktop, and now it stopped giving that message.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Just some dude.

so all is good now? I need to go watch magnum on netflix
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
so all is good now? I need to go watch magnum on netflix
Lol, no, it stopped giving that message but it's still saying "Ecutuner has stopped" and it crashes.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Just some dude.

do you have the cable plugged in when you are trying to open the program?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 PM

Registered SVX

Yes. ......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: