How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Question My home owners association sucks!

The roads we live on are getting bad with all the rain we have had this yr. We have a big problem with standing water. So its starting to wash the sand/dirt/clay under our roads away. Well instead of fixing the holes properly the VP decided to dig up asphalt and pour some concrete. Well in his BRILLIANT mind he tossed huge chunks of asphalt in the tall grass where my sons bus stop is located. Long story short... I ran over a huge piece of hidden "joy" and it caved in half of my rear muffler and twisted the exhaust pretty badly. I was able to pull it back into place (I am a big guy ya know) but it doesn't sound or run right. Obviously it wouldn't but still... it also damaged the paint on my rear bumper.. on my 5k paint job!!!! I am soooooooo angry. So now I need to decide where I want to go with this car. Its pristine with 85k miles on it..... I really don't want to mod it but I am gonna have to buy a crossflow muffler and have it welded in place of the stock ginormous muffler. Meh, I am just sick of spending money. Between my dirt bikes, cars, house, kids, school, PC's & games... ah phooey!

Did I mention we just bought a beautiful oak computer desk and it was set to be delivered today. I had my monster PC just setting on a box so I could still do my home work and we had a bad spike. Poof! Magic smoke! My super awesome video card got fried. Thank god the rest of the PC seems fine. So there goes another $240 on a GTX 460.

Then while moving my sons TTR 125L into the garage I hit my toe on the chainsaw laying on the floor. Yep I broke my freggen toe! Not my pinky toe.. the one beside it. OUCH! Why was that stupid chain saw there? Why couldn't my son have put his own stupid dirt bike away?

Did I also mention that I have been tobacco free for 3 days now? I am so on edge, wound up TIGHT!!!!

OMG Just shoot me now!

/vent

somewhere in there I was asking about muffler options.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: My home owners association sucks!

Wow.......

I thought I had a terrible day but id have to exaggerate EVERYTHING to compete with that. You win.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:25 PM

The bright(?) side is that if you can stay tobacco-free through all that stress the rest ought to be downhill

davew833@yahoo.com

Former 6-time SVX owner
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 PM

Don't know the circumstances, but someone else could be responsible for the asphalt stuff and the voltage spike. I know in certain circumstances the power company on the spike...
also the people that did the road work on the SVX damage.
At the bus stop that could be really dangerous to just throw out and it is actually against the law.

Worth checking it out. Don't ask them... tell them!

Keith