Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 09-11-2009, 08:49 AM

Registered SVX
Re: FREE 4 factory wheels and 4 almost new tires

for me, going to see the UNI panthers win some games is more important than free goods. I have 2 weekends of home games to attend with my season tickets.
97 SVX Lsi 70k
2003 s2000
91 RT4WD 166K
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 PM

Registered SVX

update.
found out i have a friend said she was going to chicago Saturday, this saturday. Need address for her to come get them sent to me she said it would be about 7pm saturday......hope this works.
97 SVX Lsi 70k
2003 s2000
91 RT4WD 166K
Old 09-27-2009, 10:31 PM

Actually, I picked them up on saturday, the 26th.

Tony was helpful, and cool about the whole thing, and went off mostly without any hitches. He even helped me navigate around some traffic obstacles in Chicago.

Unfortunately, I forgot to pick up the lug nuts that go with the wheels, and I'm gonna have to have him ship those to me...

The traffic in Chicago delayed me an hour getting there, at stop and go speed, and a jam downtown diverted me to surface streets, so I guess my mind was otherwise occupied, and the lugs slipped my mind until I was outside of the city, and on my way back.

The wheels are in good shape. the paint is a little bubbled up, but that means it just matches my paint-damaged car.

The tires are in good shape, although one did look like it had some wear on the sidewalls, as if it had run while flat for just a bit, but no bubbles or other deformations, and the tread depth is quite good. As long as the tires stay inflated (had been in storage for a period of time, so a bit low), it should be good.

I cleaned them up a bit today, and they look pretty good. Certainly worth the free price tag, and the day's travel cost. Certainly a better option this winter than shagged-out Toyo T1-R summer tires would be, and certainly less expensive than a new set. Money that can be spent on other Subaru maintenance that remains to be done.

Just need to get them spin-balanced just to double check, and the car's alignment checked to make sure I get nice long mileage out of them.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 09-27-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:59 PM

Text msg your info and I will ship this week.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxpensive View Post
Text msg your info and I will ship this week.
Will do tomorrow, and thanks again. I appreciate it.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: