Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2008, 06:27 AM

Race engine for my race svx.

Mike is building a racing engine for my new race car. as part of this he has got pistons made for 11:1 compression. I was going to try 11.7 :1 but Harvey and Mike showed me the errors of my ways. When the engine is complete and running we will hire a day at the engine dyno so Mike can tune it to run on the standard ECU and confirm the power output. We were going to do this on the quite but I figure others will be interested to see how the project goes and what can be done with a NA engine build. I have asked Mike to keep you guys up to date as he builds the engine. Have a great day.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:41 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Race engine for my race svx.

Good Luck Tony!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

So what are you gonna do with the stg3 kit?

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 06-21-2008, 10:16 PM
svxless

Registered SVX

sounds cool
anxious to hear how this all works out

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time
Old 06-22-2008, 02:30 PM

Hi Tony, I've been following your progress for a while now and it's always interesting.
What's the reason you're building the motor NA when you have a $10,000 supercharger kit sitting there?
Old 06-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumbyrunner View Post
Hi Tony, I've been following your progress for a while now and it's always interesting.
What's the reason you're building the motor NA when you have a $10,000 supercharger kit sitting there?

Racing class rules??? Keep us posted, that's what I need to start doing here soon on our engine floor out back.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:05 AM

yes race rules. The race I want to compete in won't allow me to change manifold and therefor can't use the SC. The pistons have been order so we are waiting now.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:57 AM
What do you mean wrong SVX?

This is awesome.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:33 AM
SVXless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
yes race rules. The race I want to compete in won't allow me to change manifold and therefor can't use the SC. The pistons have been order so we are waiting now.
Tony
Keep us updated man!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:29 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet

I keep seeing all these threads dealing with people throwing thousands of dollars at their svx with only slight improvements. If you can't get an svx at least into the 12's, wtf is the point of modding one? Go buy a sports car if you want speed, buy an svx if you want year-round comfort. Anyways, good luck with the big expensive build.. have fun with your million dollar 15 second car.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:46 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I keep seeing all these threads dealing with people throwing thousands of dollars at their svx with only slight improvements. If you can't get an svx at least into the 12's, wtf is the point of modding one? Go buy a sports car if you want speed, buy an svx if you want year-round comfort. Anyways, good luck with the big expensive build.. have fun with your million dollar 15 second car.
I have a sports car, it is supposed to be one of the good cars around, but I hate it!!
I cannot wait until I reunite again with the SVX three times per year just to enjoy driving it. Why not enjoying more of it with some more punch?

And Brian, I see you each time bashing the SVX, newsflash man, this is an SVX network, most of the guys here are obsessed about their babies, I am one of them. If you are annoyed by the fact that someone might one day be literally blowing one million dollar over the svx just to make it a little faster, you can always leave here and join the Camaro/Chevrolet network...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:05 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet

Not downing the car, I love mine.. I just know it'll never be fast.

btw I'm already on ls1tech.com
Old 07-20-2008, 06:45 PM
TREEFROG

Quote:

slight improovements are what wins races
Old 07-22-2008, 02:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to Roo Send a message via Yahoo to Roo

Quote:
Not downing the car, I love mine.. I just know it'll never be fast.
Hmm, I think the STi and WRX drivers I was with last weekend didn't figure I'd be fast either, but I kept up with them...

...besides, fast is an outdated VW marketing campaign.

Stock + short ram intake + RE050A's on STi BBS wheels...

...and my baby handled the twisties like the newer kids...
Old 07-23-2008, 06:48 AM

Brian I think you need to understand were a SVX fits into the current race rules. Matt has proven that you can get the weight out of a SVX and I think there are enough motors that are developing higher power so the car can be very competive against the current STI's without speeding the big bucks that they do.
Life is not about copying everyone else its about creating your own space and acheivements. I have just driven my SVX over 9,000 k and about 2,000 k of that was dirt and rock roads and some of thoses dirt roads I sat on 170 kph. The car never missed a beat so before you bag it out tell me what car can do that when it has done 500,000 k and still handles like a dream and gives the comfort that can't be beatten.
Tony