Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Lightbulb BlackLight Power?

Discuss:

http://www.blacklightpower.com/
Old 03-26-2006, 11:36 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Wow. I just ran though his overview presentation, and as best as I can tell, this guy is completely legit and the process is for real. I'm wondering how this guy flew under the radar for so long. He's got peer reviewed papers going back three or four years reporting his results. Anyhow, if the energy required to run the hydrolysis machine and the plasma generator are well below the energy released by the hydrogen atom going into a more tightly bound state, then this has some real potential. This has some huge ramifications. First, R.L. Mills is going to become richer than Bill Gates. (not really joking). Second, this could really solve our energy problems.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
This looks amazing!

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 03-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Phil & Belha

Turbonator/Vortexvalve?

I'm not a particle physicist and I'm not going to pretend to understand this technology, but to me it seems like snake oil. I'm a cynical b***ard, I admit it.

The thing that bothers me is: They are trying to SELL this "technology" while they can't even prove to the physics community that it works in theory let alone practice. IF they have made a discovery, it's far too early in the research to be trying to make money out of it.

Their glossy website contains a lot of flashy marketing and somewhat fantastic claims. It reads like the polished words of a salesman. Not entirely unlike the websites of companies that make bogus performance parts for your car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrino

For 15 years, Dr Mills has been marketing his impending "new energy source" and has raised over $50 MILLION in venture capital. All the while, respected scientists have been pointing out huge flaws in his theory - although some say that his results merit further experimentation.

Don't get me wrong. I've always thought that quantum theory doesn't make sense. I'd love to see somebody prove that the classical laws of physics do in fact still apply at the quantum level. I just don't think that Blacklight have acheived what they claim.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 03-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
I'm not a particle physicist and I'm not going to pretend to understand this technology, but to me it seems like snake oil. I'm a cynical b***ard, I admit it.

The thing that bothers me is: They are trying to SELL this "technology" while they can't even prove to the physics community that it works in theory let alone practice. IF they have made a discovery, it's far too early in the research to be trying to make money out of it.

Their glossy website contains a lot of flashy marketing and somewhat fantastic claims. It reads like the polished words of a salesman. Not entirely unlike the websites of companies that make bogus performance parts for your car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrino

For 15 years, Dr Mills has been marketing his impending "new energy source" and has raised over $50 MILLION in venture capital. All the while, respected scientists have been pointing out huge flaws in his theory - although some say that his results merit further experimentation.

Don't get me wrong. I've always thought that quantum theory doesn't make sense. I'd love to see somebody prove that the classical laws of physics do in fact still apply at the quantum level. I just don't think that Blacklight have acheived what they claim.
I'm glad you came in and struck the bell before I got here. I hate always being the bad guy crashing the party.

This "is" snake oil. 1 thin dime, 1 tenth of a dollah!! Be the envy of all your friends by defying all physical laws!

Think guys... If his theories were mathematically correct, the universe wouldn't even be here. We've all been through chemistry, and we all have had some form of physics shoved down our throats. There is no zero sum here, and we must zero out or things end up in mushroom clouds naturally without our coaxing.

Wish it "was" true. Wait... no I don't. I wouldn't be here to say it.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-26-2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
or things end up in mushroom clouds naturally without our coaxing.
Clarify.... on our planet. Universe goes boom all the time with their own coaxing. It's still zero sum for energy.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:42 PM
sans SVX

Quote:
Think guys... If his theories were mathematically correct, the universe wouldn't even be here. We've all been through chemistry, and we all have had some form of physics shoved down our throats. There is no zero sum here, and we must zero out or things end up in mushroom clouds naturally without our coaxing.

Wish it "was" true. Wait... no I don't. I wouldn't be here to say it.
Blacklight Power does not advertise power from nothing. They postulate (and according to their research have observed) the presence of electron energy levels in the hydrogen atom that are more tightly bound than what is considered to be the ground state orbital according to conventional quantum mechanics.

Using what they call a "catalyst", they induce the electron in the hydrogen atom to move to one of these more tightly bound orbitals, and in doing so, the electron emits energy in the 20 nm to 200 nm wavelength range (UV or EUV range). The energy is in the range of 30-100 eV, and if the reaction rate is high enough, then this could be a viable energy source. They call the more tightly bound hydrogen atom a "hydrino".

Some things I'm not clear on are the stability of this hydrino atom. Their description of it implies that its stable, but I have not seen any explicit statement of such. I also still don't have a grasp on the nature of the catalyst that they use to induce the electrons to move into a more tightly bound orbital.

While Mills has been expounding the presence of this energy source for many many years, in the last few months they claimed to have arrived at close form mathematical solutions for the electron configuration in many low Z atoms and molecules. If true, this is an amazing result in itself that is worth of the Nobel prize.

So it seems to me that in the next year or so, either these guys will become famous or infamous.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Blacklight Power does not advertise power from nothing. They postulate (and according to their research have observed) the presence of electron energy levels in the hydrogen atom that are more tightly bound than what is considered to be the ground state orbital according to conventional quantum mechanics.

Using what they call a "catalyst", they induce the electron in the hydrogen atom to move to one of these more tightly bound orbitals, and in doing so, the electron emits energy in the 20 nm to 200 nm wavelength range (UV or EUV range). The energy is in the range of 30-100 eV, and if the reaction rate is high enough, then this could be a viable energy source. They call the more tightly bound hydrogen atom a "hydrino".

Some things I'm not clear on are the stability of this hydrino atom. Their description of it implies that its stable, but I have not seen any explicit statement of such. I also still don't have a grasp on the nature of the catalyst that they use to induce the electrons to move into a more tightly bound orbital.

While Mills has been expounding the presence of this energy source for many many years, in the last few months they claimed to have arrived at close form mathematical solutions for the electron configuration in many low Z atoms and molecules. If true, this is an amazing result in itself that is worth of the Nobel prize.

So it seems to me that in the next year or so, either these guys will become famous or infamous.

It could possibly be a breakthrough, but the breakthrough is going to be re-writing a whole bunch of textbooks.

I've always been under the classical perception that moving an electron to an orbital closer to the nucleus is storing a potential. It cannot release energy until it jumps to the next orbital out, and that is an astronomically "sudden" release of stored energy. But it has to equal the amount of energy used to cause the electron to jump to the tighter orbital in the first place. My brain just won't go to that place where a catalyst is used as a substitute, unless that catalyst is a form of energy in itself. But if that's the case, then it will be consumed, and can no longer considered a catalyst. It would have been a reactant from the get go.

I need to read it all a little closer for I also missed how he planned on harnessing this release when he pulls off a reaction.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:50 AM
sans SVX

Quote:
It could possibly be a breakthrough, but the breakthrough is going to be re-writing a whole bunch of textbooks.

I've always been under the classical perception that moving an electron to an orbital closer to the nucleus is storing a potential...
Its the opposite. Electrons give off energy when they move to a more tightly bound orbital. That part of their theory is purely conventional and is fully accepted by everyone. The controversy has to do with whether or not these more tightly bound electron states exist. The classical boundary conditions that have been used to solve quantum mechanics problems do not predict the presence of these more tightly bound states. OTOH, BLP makes it sound as if it is a simple matter to induce an electron to move to one of these more tightly bound states. But if that's the case, why aren't these hydrino atoms readily found in nature.

Visit my locker

Old 03-27-2006, 08:34 AM

oops.. Yeah, it is the opposite. Been a while.... no excuse. Pure logic dictates it's opposite.

I'd like to thank society at this time that you are the scientist and not me.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko

why aren't these hydrino atoms readily found in nature.

Check eBay.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
not to mention that any expierements that have been done are ina lab setting. lab setings can be misleading. like those guys form germany that created "fusion" in their lab, but were unable to reproduce the outcome infront of a panel. im gonna have to follow my better judgement and say its false, until i hear about it in an major physics journal.

1992 Pearlie (Pearl): motorsport exhaust kit (Wife's)
1994 Red FWD (Roxi): Custom X exhaust
Old 03-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

I've always been under the classical perception that moving an electron to an orbital closer to the nucleus is storing a potential. It cannot release energy until it jumps to the next orbital out, and that is an astronomically "sudden" release of stored energy.

Yes..... and our crack(ed) team of mad scientists here at Ripimoff Industries spent tireless hours trying to get electrons to jump ship from one orbit to another which ultimately blew our lab into the adjacent zip code. This, indeed resulted in a "sudden" release of energy, but will unfortunately delay shipment of all Ripimoff products indefinately. Our apologies.

Besides, Beav, what does all this think-tank stuff have to do with Hooters anyway?

Ron. (off-handedly releasing stored energy).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Last edited by Ron Mummert; 03-27-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Well, Ron, if you get one orbiting this-a-way and the other orbiting that-a-way there's bound to be a sudden release of energy. Yeah... that's it. Energy. Yeah, energy....

Now most of y'all know I'm no rocket scientist - damn, I almost hurt myself just spelling it. To me this all sounds like so much hoity-toity nonsense. In my personal experience the only thing that happens when an orbit is tightened up is the particles eventually disappear, like when you flush a toilet.

Off-handedly or ... uh, we'll let the judges decide.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
In my personal experience the only thing that happens when an orbit is tightened up is the particles eventually disappear, like when you flush a toilet.

Conversely, when the commode is flushed in the southern hemisphere, i.e. down under, the uh...particles are dispersed outwardly proving the "big bang" theory is spot on. Or is it that the black hole theory is spot on?! Which reminds me - I need a new Johnny-mop.

Ron (feelin' quarky)

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: