Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-05-2005, 05:43 PM
SilVerXtc

I replaced the throttle position sensor and the CEL has stayed off so far. I've only driven it a couple miles though. But the problem appears to be solved. i also replaced my driveline for one out of a 95 Legacy and it doesn't buck like it used to. I still haven't had a chance to hunt down the cruise control problem. Hopefully I can figure it out.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilVerXtc
I replaced the throttle position sensor and the CEL has stayed off so far. I've only driven it a couple miles though. But the problem appears to be solved. i also replaced my driveline for one out of a 95 Legacy and it doesn't buck like it used to. I still haven't had a chance to hunt down the cruise control problem. Hopefully I can figure it out.
Did you hook up a clutch position switch to your old NSS harness? Like in my write up, if so your cruise should still work.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 06-06-2005, 02:06 PM
SilVerXtc

I'm assuming that is what my mechanic did. He was following the directions from the small car kit for the cruise control. He also made it so I could start the car without pushing the clutch in. does that have to hooked up in order for the cruise control to work.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Actually the clutch has 2 switches. The first one is for killing the cruise the moment you touch the clutch pedal. The other one is for starting the car. They are not wired together and don't technically have to be used.

I used them just to be consistant with other cars and for safety reasons.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:39 AM
SilVerXtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Actually the clutch has 2 switches. The first one is for killing the cruise the moment you touch the clutch pedal. The other one is for starting the car. They are not wired together and don't technically have to be used.

I used them just to be consistant with other cars and for safety reasons.
Oh Ok, I thought they might be one switch and wired together. So i now know that isn't my problem.

Now I'm thinking it has to do with the wiring getting disconnected on the steering column. There was an issue with my high beams not working and it was because it got disconnected when the steering column was put back in. Probably why my Airbag light is on too. Man he must of been rough on my steering column putting it in.

Last edited by SilVerXtc; 06-07-2005 at 02:50 AM.