Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-14-2005, 11:20 AM

Has Someone Changed Plug wires?

Please help. How the heck do you disconnect the coil/plug wires at the source end? I've got them all off of the spark plugs but I can't figure out how to get the little connectors unlocked. Please help.
Thanks.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Cool

why are you trying to disconnect them????? it doesn't have spark plug wires to replace you have to replace the whole coil pack and that ain't cheap.the wires your looking at are 2 small wires wrapped in a casing together that control the coil pack. the connectors unplug with a little clip you have to push in and pull on the connector at the same time. i wouldn't mess with it though cause like i said if you mess something up it's gonna cost ya. if you need some help let me know since we're both in akron. what area are you in? Akron: New Capital Of SVX'ers!
Old 05-14-2005, 02:08 PM

Hey thanks but I finally figured it out and finished up the job. The car has been running rough and one of the coil/plug wires had failed about 2 months ago. Rather than take it in and spend another $300 to have one wire replace, I decided to bite the bullet and replace the 5 old ones for $400. I replaced the plugs too. So, new plugs, new coils/wires and the car is running great. Now I just need to fix the left rear brake that keeps locking up.

By the way, I live in Bath, very close to Montrose. Where are you?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb
Hey thanks but I finally figured it out and finished up the job. The car has been running rough and one of the coil/plug wires had failed about 2 months ago. Rather than take it in and spend another $300 to have one wire replace, I decided to bite the bullet and replace the 5 old ones for $400. I replaced the plugs too. So, new plugs, new coils/wires and the car is running great. Now I just need to fix the left rear brake that keeps locking up.

By the way, I live in Bath, very close to Montrose. Where are you?
well thats cool. i hope it fixes the problem for you.i live in the ellet area across the street from derby downs and the akron/fulton airport. if it still ain't running right let me know and maybe we could get together and take a look at it.i'm not an expert but i know enough to be of assistance. locking up brakes suck. had that happen on my gta and damn near melted the wheel off! waitng for drilled/slotted rotors and kevlar pads for the front of my svx now off of ebay. anyway, let me know how things go.