Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-23-2003, 02:16 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
autobahn help

Hi all. I haven't been around much because I'm busy in Germany with school and traveling. haven't seen an SVX yet . Anyway, my friend and I want to rent a fast car and go on the autobahn. I've found a car rental company, but now I need to know where to go on the autobahn, and which autobahn to go on. You know...we need a place with little traffic and good weather (I'm sure that the good weather option will be gone until spring within the next couple weeks). Anyway, does anybody know where I can go to test out, say, a Mercedes SL55 AMG?

-Mat
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 10-23-2003, 12:01 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
All of them are good. Just get on it. Drive have fun but have control too. Know your limits
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-23-2003, 01:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
woah woah woah ...you're f**** nuts.

I agree I'm dying to drive fast but I was watching a special on the autobohn in germany and that road is very scary. First of all, it's only two lanes. Second of all there IS congestion on the road...it's not always smooth sailing in certain spots.

Do some research on it before you decide to put your life as well as others in jeopardy. ....Hopefully you might find someone on this board that does know where you can push a car on the autobahn.....which would be awesome!

However..................is it possible to bring a regular car (say my SVX ) to an oval track and just RUN the puppy to top end?

Oh and good luck with the autobahn stuff ....just make sure you're passenger's got a video camera!!!

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 10-23-2003, 02:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Re: autobahn help

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10
Hi all. I haven't been around much because I'm busy in Germany with school and traveling. haven't seen an SVX yet . Anyway, my friend and I want to rent a fast car and go on the autobahn. I've found a car rental company, but now I need to know where to go on the autobahn, and which autobahn to go on. You know...we need a place with little traffic and good weather (I'm sure that the good weather option will be gone until spring within the next couple weeks). Anyway, does anybody know where I can go to test out, say, a Mercedes SL55 AMG?

-Mat
http://www.nuerburgring.de

'nuf said

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 10-23-2003, 10:36 PM
ChrisR

Quote:
Originally posted by rmjjensen

However..................is it possible to bring a regular car (say my SVX ) to an oval track and just RUN the puppy to top end?
Bah, you can do that in America just fine. Just hit almost any freeway at about 3am I went about 145 on I-5, not a damn car in sight. Felt very safe doing that.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:12 AM

Autobahn

Andy is right!

If you really want to test the car, the best thing might be Nuerburgring.

At autobahns there is mostly no limit but it's dangerous if there is alot of traffic and the weather isn't fine at the moment.

The Autobahn between Munich and Innsbruck in the south of Germany is one I know very good. There are alot of straights.

When I bought my SVX in Germany I did 150 mph on that way back home (the autobahn was nearly free)

mfg hrc
Old 10-27-2003, 12:16 PM

I realize the dangers of the autobahn. That's why I came here to see if anybody could tell me what autobahns will have minimal dangers. It has started snowing here, though, so autobahning may be out of the picture, unfortunately. Thanks for the input, though. I might just have to hit the Arizona Utah border area at about 3 am instead.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

Old 10-27-2003, 08:37 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Is it true that Germans aren't afraid to give "love taps" with their bumper if you're going to slow on the Autobahn? Just wondering...
-Nathan

BTW while you're over there could you get me a set of those nice glass SVX headlights?

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 10-28-2003, 02:30 AM

haha...I haven't even though about buyin SVX parts here. I wouldn't know where to start. All I see is BMWs and Audis. BMWs just don't seem as cool when you can hear the TDI engine laboring away to move such a heavy car. As far as the love taps go, I don't know. I've been on the autobahn once in a wierd little ford sub-compact. An Audi passed us on the grass shoulder, but that was all.

Old 10-28-2003, 07:57 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Autobahns are not dangerous. The people who drive on there without control are. Like I said many times before, you have to know your limit and your car's limits. If you go past any of them, you are just a number in the statistics.

If you want to drive fast, make sure you have nice set of wheels, brakes, eyes. I once did 130+ in Michigan in my SVX in the rain before. I had to slow to about 40 mph because of trucks. Was that scary.

But if you go to montana, you should be able to go through at any speed you want. Just watch out for the farmer in the tractor.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: