Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Help with Sony XAV-7w

First off I know that Mike (green1995svx) had a XAV-7w in an svx and the door still worked. Well I got the same screen and I can't get it to work. I installed it so that the door just touches the front of the deck when the door is closed, but when I try to open the screen it will hit the dash.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:58 PM
KCROGUEDOG

on the alpine i just installed it had a extend feature. but the screen would come out raise up a little then come out more and raise all the way up. when i had it in the top slot i couldnt get it to raise up just enough to extend out. i was just a hair off. try this make the screen come out a little and hold down the open close till u hear a beep and this might extend your screen out. this works on the alpines but sony im not sure so it is worth a shot. as for closing completely when in the top slot mine was a hair off to i couldnot tell what was holding it. i think i got the solution buy 3 fater screws as wide as the metal housing the factory screws go in. and torque them down really tight. then i assume the door will shut. i was going to do this but i moved my screen back down to the low spot (do to screen not extending). everything works fine. good luck.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:30 PM
KCROGUEDOG

status whats up did it work?
Old 07-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Subaru Swapper

Well its in, but I can't put the trim back in. The door will close, but I can't install the cover on the back of the door, and when I try to play a CD in my CD changer its super quite.

Also any one know of some thing that will disply some form of video that will responde to music. I'm using one of the video inputs as an ax input for my MP3 player. So the screen is just black when I use the MP3 player.

After all of this I wish I just left my stereo alone. May be one day I'll get some thing that fits beter and has dvd built in.

Why does the svx have no space in the dash? Every time I remove the radio cage in takes hours to get it back in, but I do have 3 gauges 4 sets of rca's and a uni-link cable in there. Time for an all it one unit.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:39 AM
KCROGUEDOG

there is got to be a way using one of the other aux for like the back camera or video system or something. xbox is coming out with something new and they use screen savers i think. my ps2 just shows a spining box and all the info but i dont get to play mp3s booooooo. oh well the dvd feature is awsome for trips and breaks from work. for the trim peice try the long fat screw idea to hold the cage tight and to the back more from the two screws on the sides and the one on the bottom i left the same. and for the black trim mine cracked but i still used it i tightened it to much. my door closes but hit slightly so i pull it out allittle and close it. works like a charm. the first time i had in the bottom i had no door problems at all.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
The PS2 will play MP3s and even some DIVX movies, but you will have to mod it, or at the very least get the MC exploit so you can boot non Sony software.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCROGUEDOG
my ps2 just shows a spining box and all the info but i dont get to play mp3s booooooo.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:17 PM
KCROGUEDOG

really thats good news awsome. my wife is a computer tech i will have to ask her bout this. what is it just a file u download to it that adds a format. i put it in the ps2 and it should download. right. (mc exploit) is this the file i need to find.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:34 AM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
OT but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuoh
The PS2 will play MP3s and even some DIVX movies, but you will have to mod it, or at the very least get the MC exploit so you can boot non Sony software.

KuoH
Sounds cool. Please explain...

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 07-19-2005, 08:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
It's more involved than I'd like to get into, but you can check it out for yourself at the following link. Read the forum FAQs before posting questions, as it explains a lot about what you need to do to get the PS2 to run other software. It does require registration to be able to view threads though.

www.ps2-scene.org

KuoH
Old 07-19-2005, 06:37 PM
KCROGUEDOG

good link i was browsing last night and came up with poop. i will reg and read later.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Subaru Swapper

Well I finaly got some pics of my install.

Last edited by AFBeefcake; 07-24-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Green1995SVX

Thats my install.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Subaru Swapper

Are you able to close the door?
Mine looks like it's closer to the dash went open when yours
Old 07-24-2005, 12:58 AM
KCROGUEDOG

both look good the gauges are sweet with the set up. i could not find a way to shut the door on mine in the top slot with out having to sand down the surround which you would probley want to paint after. i put mine in the bottom do to screen would not come out far enough but the door works. i rubs slightly. nice work like the screen.