IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: Re: Free Air - Step closer to independence

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX-FF

Congrats Noir, That is awsome!!!
I should be debt free in 2 your. I will be 35 years old.
That is if I do not buy anything else on credit, still live with my girlfriend rent free and keep my credit score below 400.

When is yur next SVX purchased planned for?

Steve
Not sure when I'll buy another. Guess when the chance for a good deal comes up.

I'm more interested in accumulating a lump of cash now and opening up a money-maker, work a few years, then kick back and retire .
Old 04-21-2004, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Noir,

When you figure out how to grow hair on bald heads call Earl, me & Cigar Johnny. Then you will really see a cut-throat auctionand you will make Bill Gates look like a pauper.

you'll be the first to know Larry .

i'll have alot of time on my hands in a few years if everything goes well .

heck, i can work at mcdonalds and still live the simple lifestyle i have. now that i'm totally debt free, let me get some money in my pocket and i'll have tons of time.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
i'll have alot of time on my hands in a few years if everything goes well .

heck, i can work at mcdonalds and still live the simple lifestyle i have.
it must be a great feeling of power knowing you can take a B.S. job for a few extra bucks and to kill time, knowing you can tell the boss to go eff themselves whenever you feel like it. how about a job at a auto parts chain store? Best Buy? discounts .......

if i ever hit the lottery big time, i won't quit my job - i will see how long it takes them to fire me. i will probably be dragged out of the building by security, piss-drunk in my pajamas with a 'My boss is an idiot' hat on.

congrats on your non-debt!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-21-2004, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

it must be a great feeling of power knowing you can take a B.S. job for a few extra bucks and to kill time, knowing you can tell the boss to go eff themselves whenever you feel like it. how about a job at a auto parts chain store? Best Buy? discounts .......

if i ever hit the lottery big time, i won't quit my job - i will see how long it takes them to fire me. i will probably be dragged out of the building by security, piss-drunk in my pajamas with a 'My boss is an idiot' hat on.

congrats on your non-debt!
Yeah, I agree Alan . That would be fun to do. I'm going to pickup a few more skills and then ask for more money. I'm a contractor so I can tell them to drop dead if I wanted. That's why I never get hassled. No company politics ever bothers me.

Although it was funny because somehow a rumor was spread that I had relations with the vice president of operations for the Carolina's and Tennessee. She's alright, but she ain't Demi. Funny how that spread because her boss is my boss. Don't know how that could benefit me, but I guess that's what the peons think.

A few potential girlfriends are in the company, but I wouldn't jepordize my conservative, Mr. Clean image I have now.....or would I??? since I'm debt free and all.

Company policy says it's a 'No-No' to have interoffice relations.

Makes it hard to find a good girl, guess I'd better hit the bars and clubs and pick up a skank instead.

Last edited by Noir; 04-21-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:04 PM
JLittell

What Noir failed to mention that he is now living out of his SVX!
Old 04-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
Company policy says it's a 'No-No' to have interoffice relations.
we can screw whoever we want, but we actually did get a memo that said we shouldn't burp, fart, or swear in the office.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I didn't disable the compressors. I left 'colorful' notes superglued onto the front of them....

and yes... the compressor costs money. So does everything else, but yet, SOMEHOW, some stations manage to 'afford' to let us have free compressed air. Maybe they should put a special lock that only opens if you slide in a 1 dollar bill on the bathrooms? I mean, afterall, those toilets cost money. Heck, the powerbill is probably pretty pricey, maybe they could charge for admission? And they pay property taxes, so maybe there should be a toll on all the entrances?

Sorry. I vote with my gas bill. I ONLY go to gas stations that offer free air... and if I have to fill up at a place that charges for it, I'll tell them I won't be coming back because of it.

- Rob

PS: It took time, and a little bit of electricity to write and post this.... please paypal 10 cents to...
Old 04-21-2004, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

we can screw whoever we want, but we actually did get a memo that said we shouldn't burp, fart, or swear in the office.
maybe we should change jobs Alan . we get to burp, fart, and swear like sailors. but that's to be expected from manufacturing .

i do however think that when i'm about to leave this company, that i may attempt to try to hook up with some of these co-workers since i'm single now . one major thing i like about manufacturing is that men can be men. the upper management likes to hire fine women for clerical jobs . perks of the job .

i did however get an offer to work for another company that does the same that's 10x bigger. i'm trying to see if i can work for both at the same time . nothing like doubling your income . have to see if i can smooch the boss into thinking it's not a conflict of interest .
Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Congrats on being debt free, Harry! That is way cool! I can only hope I will one day be in the same financial situation as you are now.

Johnny (green with envy, not money)

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:03 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
shaved headed men are hotties, rock on wit yo bad self johnny boy!
HAHAH! Thanks, Kelli! You're not too shabby yourself. Make sure Bill knows what side his bread is buttered on.

Johnny (Shaved and Sexy)

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

and yes... the compressor costs money. So does everything else, but yet, SOMEHOW, some stations manage to 'afford' to let us have free compressed air. Maybe they should put a special lock that only opens if you slide in a 1 dollar bill on the bathrooms? I mean, afterall, those toilets cost money. Heck, the powerbill is probably pretty pricey, maybe they could charge for admission? And they pay property taxes, so maybe there should be a toll on all the entrances?
let's not get into a flame war here ok? this is my little happy thread about getting out of debt, work, fine women, and svx's .

but just to drop in my .05, it doesn't bother me if they charge a quarter to use their compressor. i don't know if you realize, but compressors break and fixing it is costly. before i bought mine i asked doug who gave some valuable advice. after which i did some searches on the internet, then got some advice from contractors shopping for air tools as well as the people who worked at the store. i spent a little more so that i could buy a compressor that would meet my needs and have the option to be repaired at a reasonable price. what's my point in this story? well if the station is offering that as a service, i don't see why they should take a loss for providing and extra service to their clients for a minimal price. remember they are in the business of making money, not losing it. i thought you said you read ann rynd's book atlas shrugged. sounds like looting to me.

also remember people don't use those air compressors just for tires, i've seen people who fill their tanks with air there.

more use = more wear and tear = more repairs = more money

that's a funny point that you made about the bathrooms. actually, i know quite a few of the branch managers or owners of establishments in my neighborhood (i.e. blockbusters, tower records, small bookstores, etc.) because i'm a regular and also i like to chat with them. i've seen some of their restrooms out of order for the longest time. one day i saw someone ask them if it was possible to use their toilets, they said it was out of order. after they left i asked the branch manager of blockbuster how come someone hasn't fixed the toilet yet. she told me that they did have it fixed, it's just that they were sick and tired of people using their bathrooms. apparently, the toilets started getting stopped up and such and needed a plumber to come in for repairs all the time. people kept throwing brown paper towels in the toilet, tons of toilet paper being used and maybe not flushed, people not being courteous and leaving big messes where employees have to clean up. so what happens? well you lose the privilege to use their toilets. seems like a fair deal to me. i'll mention to them that maybe they should install a latch that requires that they pay with their membership cards or credit cards to use their facility. install sensors for flushing, sensors for paper towel dispensing and receptacle sensors to detect if you properly disposed of paper correctly or taking a photo after you leave. if the facility is soiled or ruined after your use, you will be billed for the repairs and any damages done. sounds fair to me.

i don't take things for granted. guess that's why i get late charges waived and free movies, get good treatment at the places i frequent, and the ability to use their facilities as i see fit .

apparently that's a new trend for some of these businesses, the lack of a working bathroom to the public. bery bery interesting.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
Congrats on being debt free, Harry! That is way cool! I can only hope I will one day be in the same financial situation as you are now.

Johnny (green with envy, not money)
hey thanks to all you guys for the congratz .

i have to admit, it wasn't a walk in the park. started working at the age of 13 after my father died. necessity has made a man out of me . we all end up at the same place in the end , just a different path. i remember some friends of mine that didn't have to work until after college. some of them are struggling now to make ends meet. so they had a carefree life in their younger years and got to do everything they wanted, i'll have mine in the later years . i'm one of those people that can't settle for less, but i'm also one that doesn't ask for much. no vacation for 10 years, but hopefully i can take some time off this year and go to hong kong and/or japan .

thinking about a nice Kali, wheel of life, or demon tatoo from hong kong on my back and a few nice blades from tokyo sword company

Last edited by Noir; 04-21-2004 at 10:59 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: