Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Exclamation Concerning the Movie About Islam

Since I am living in this part of the world I am feeling the effect more and more. Muslims are extremely sensitive towards anything affecting negatively their religion.

As you guys are witnessing, the revolutions worldwide. This will not pass peacefully and the US government is literally making a large enemy out of the Muslim countries, some of them used to be allies and friends.

This is not smart. I know there is freedom of speech in the US, but for this specific subject, there should be limits. Making 3 billion people angry, most of them even kamikaze about it... Is just something to avoid by my book.

The best thing to do, is to ask a prominent Muslim representative to review the facts of this movie and approve it before the release...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Hater

Re: Concerning the Movie About Islam

yes, let's bend over backwards for these idiots still living in the dark ages.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 PM

Registered SVX

Some guys make a movie and the entire Muslim world goes crazy anti west..
When some Muslim goes crazy and blows something up, they tell us its just a lone person or a small group and not to hate all Muslims..
Personally I think Muslims should grow a thicker skin.. Its a stupid movie..
I don't care if your prophet is not supposed to be shown, change the channel bro, but no.. instead they attack a US embassies.
They are lucky we didn't turn their cities into glass. Attacking an embassy is the same as attacking the US. We have bombed nations for doing far less...

In a perfect world... We would not be occupying Muslim nations and trying to force democracy on them.
We would let them do as they please and openly trade with them. Let them run their county as they want. Let them live as they want..

Unfortunately in 1970's when the US stopped converting dollars into gold, OPEC and the PetroDollar was created, all of this was set into motion.
You are watching the fall of a superpower, we must put in puppet democracies and dictators and give billions in foreign aid...
Just to make sure that people must use dollars to buy oil from the major suppliers..
If not the US economy would collapse as its currency would be back by nothing buy debt..

My gut tells me this current Muslim uprising is just more CIA black ops.
Got to keep stirring the pot.. fueling the fire.. we must take over.. they are violent.. its all just more weapons of mass distraction..
All this makes me sick..

Last edited by Lookin4SVX; 09-20-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Let's riot guys!

On a more serious note, one news agency today (Opinion article) suggested that an all out war in the Middle East would be that best thing for the USA. Not sure I understand that train of thought.

Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)

Last edited by bwb3; 09-20-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

So, a group of people make a movie and its viewed as the opinion of a nation? I honestly could give a **** less about peoples religious choices, but why does the Muslim community think all of the US etc, is behind what is portrayed in this movie?

The violence is not helping the Muslim religion, instead its pushing it back further. Look at France and Australia, they are not allowing protest because of their violent nature. Advocating murder because of someones words is not something that should be allowed in the 21st century.

And asking a Muslim official to review material before its released is crazy. We already have enough control over things. Next we'd have to appeal to any and all groups of people before a forum of media is released.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 09-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Hater

Movie about Muslims being violent ***holes?

I can't say they are changing anyone's opinion.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:26 PM
At home in the flatland

Registered SVX

I usually don’t chime in on this part of the forum, but here goes nothing...

I don’t believe the guy that made the video was beyond his rights at all. Freedom of speech was one of the very ideals this country was founded on. In England if someone spoke out against the king, he had a good chance of being put in prison. So when this country was founded, freedom of speach was integral to the workings of the new system of government in the Americas.

As Americans we wouldn’t know how to cope with less freedom of speech, and honestly we don’t think about how blessed we are to have such a right. If an act was put in place that forced the people to tip-toe around and be politically correct about everything, it would mean that the government would have to monitor what everyone was saying just so that someone wouldn’t be offended. This would cause this country to turn into a military police state. And that goes against the very essence of the constitution. Freedom.

People have the right to say anything they want, but they need to have enough sense to know what to say and not to say. There is no doubt in my mind that this guy was stupid in doing what he did, but I don’t think it was lawfully wrong at all. If Muslims proclaim that ala is the one true god then why are they so worried about some video put out by this “infidel”? If Christians threatened to kill someone and start a war every time they were attacked in the media, there would be no more people in America.

It seems to me that there will always be chaos in the Middle East. They are like a bunch of fifth graders playing the blame game when they have no one to blame but themselves. I hate to say this but the one good thing about all those dictators that just got taken out of power is that they all controlled the Muslim brotherhood. It still gets me that through all their attacking the of the US embassies is that we are still sending them aid. I think that if we pulled out all the aid we are giving them and stop training the police so that they can kill us, maybe it would have an effect on them. People that radical cannot have treaties made between them and US. It is like the Indian wars of the 1700 and 1800’s. We would make peace with one group which had no authority and then expect all of them to abide by it. The ones that signed it might, but there is always going to be some rebel. I think the only thing that they will respond to is tough love. Right now we are drawing lines in the sand and daring them not to cross it or else, then when they cross that line we do the same thing again.

I don’t know how to fix this situation, but I pray our next president does.

*steps off soapbox*
Old 09-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 09-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

If we want to pin violence on Muslims, why not identify all violent actions done in the name of religion? Anyone heard of The Crusades? Surely, Christ's followers are a bunch of bloodthirsty savages! "Oh, that wasn't us... It was some other guys."

Regarding Freedom of Speech: That's not an unlimited say-what-you-want card. Investigating the limits might show that our government has probably spent a lot of time discussing whether to squelch this thing. The last deciding factor is that they'd rather the violence be in foreign countries from foreign citizens than by Americans on American soil.

Considering the violence that has erupted and that the whole country has the burden of responsibility on its shoulders as a result of one dope's expression, no one has the right to complain about it unless they're willing to argue that kicking a beehive shouldn't have any repercussions. Your Freedom of Speech allows this guy to make a movie that hits a long known sensitive spot.

But you're ready to fight to the death to defend his right, right? Oh, wait - that's some other guys, too.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
If we want to pin violence on Muslims, why not identify all violent actions done in the name of religion? Anyone heard of The Crusades?
yeah, that was 1000 years ago. most of the world has become civilized since then, but some still wipe their asses with their hands and murder their daughters for family shame.

Quote:
Surely, Christ's followers are a bunch of bloodthirsty savages! "Oh, that wasn't us... It was some other guys.
a Jesus cartoon isn't going to cause riots and murders, though.

Quote:
But you're ready to fight to the death to defend his right, right? Oh, wait - that's some other guys, too.
i was in the military, so no - that wasn't "some other guys".

Old 09-21-2012, 11:40 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
most of the world has become civilized since then, but some still wipe their asses with their hands and murder their daughters for family shame.
...and we still share the planet with them.

Quote:
a Jesus cartoon isn't going to cause riots and murders, though.
A <Jesus movie> caused a good share of agitation, though.

Quote:
i was in the military, so no - that wasn't "some other guys".
To most folks, military personnel are "some other guys". Try to keep my text in scope? My point is, your casual civilian is perfectly ok with our Freedom of Speech being protected, even to the extent that it's being used here, so long as it's not his or her own blood on the line.

The question you have to ask yourself is, how do you feel about your Freedom of Speech being used to incite violence against your country and fellow citizens?

Me? Not a fan.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Hater

Quote:
...and we still share the planet with them.
yeah, we should apologize for being Americans.

Quote:
A <Jesus movie> caused a good share of agitation, though.
protests and agitation ≠ riots and murder

Quote:
To most folks, military personnel are "some other guys". Try to keep my text in scope? My point is, your casual civilian is perfectly ok with our Freedom of Speech being protected, even to the extent that it's being used here, so long as it's not his or her own blood on the line.
that's why we have a military, and people who WILL put their blood on the line.

Quote:
The question you have to ask yourself is, how do you feel about your Freedom of Speech being used to incite violence against your country and fellow citizens?
again, let's just give the Islamic extremists anything they want. don't hurt their feelings, send them money, etc. something something pussification of America.

Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. In its fullest form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social, and military components. The religious component is a beard for all of the other components.

Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their religious privileges.

When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well.

Here's how it works:

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%

Canada -- Muslim 1.9%

China -- Muslim 1.8%

Italy -- Muslim 1.5%

Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs. This is happening in:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%

Germany -- Muslim 3.7%

United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%

Spain -- Muslim 4%

Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:

France -- Muslim 8%

Philippines -- 5%

Sweden -- Muslim 5%

Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%

The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%

Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law.

The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris, we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections in:

Guyana -- Muslim 10%

India -- Muslim 13.4%

Israel -- Muslim 16%

Kenya -- Muslim 10%

Russia -- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%

Chad -- Muslim 53.1%

Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania -- Muslim 70%

Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%

Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%

Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%

Egypt -- Muslim 90%

Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%

Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%

Iran -- Muslim 98%

Iraq -- Muslim 97%

Jordan -- Muslim 92%

Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%

Pakistan -- Muslim 97%

Palestine -- Muslim 99%

Syria -- Muslim 90%

Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%

Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%

United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%

Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%

Somalia -- Muslim 100%

Yemen -- Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

'Before I was nine, I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; the tribe against the world, and all of us against the infidel. -- Leon Uris, 'The Haj'

It is important to understand that in some countries, with well under 100% Muslim populations, such as France, the minority Muslim populations live in ghettos, within which they are 100% Muslim, and within which they live by Sharia Law. The national police do not even enter these ghettos. There are no national courts, nor schools, nor non-Muslim

religious facilities. In such situations, Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. The children attend madrasses. They learn only the Koran. To even associate with an infidel is a crime punishable with death. Therefore, in some areas of certain nations, Muslim Imams and extremists exercise more power than the national average would indicate.

Today's 1.5 billion Muslims make up 22% of the world's population. But their birth rates dwarf the birth rates of Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and all other believers. Muslims will exceed 50% of the world's population by the end of this century

Quote:
Me? Not a fan.
start growing your beard and welcome your new overlords.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:55 AM

Registered SVX

I didn't take you to be the sort to use the word "fettering", and <it seems you're not>. What you know beyond Copy and Paste remains to be seen!

To not goof on Islam seems not too different from, say, not kicking a pit bull downtown, or not lighting your house on fire. It's not pussification; it's common sense. There's no sacrifice there. Ought not produce useless fictional works? Short of the end of freedom.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:16 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
yeah, we should apologize for being Americans.

protests and agitation ≠ riots and murder

that's why we have a military, and people who WILL put their blood on the line.

again, let's just give the Islamic extremists anything they want. don't hurt their feelings, send them money, etc. something something pussification of America.

Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. In its fullest form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social, and military components. The religious component is a beard for all of the other components.

Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their religious privileges.

When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well.

Here's how it works:

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%

Canada -- Muslim 1.9%

China -- Muslim 1.8%

Italy -- Muslim 1.5%

Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs. This is happening in:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%

Germany -- Muslim 3.7%

United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%

Spain -- Muslim 4%

Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:

France -- Muslim 8%

Philippines -- 5%

Sweden -- Muslim 5%

Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%

The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%

Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law.

The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris, we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections in:

Guyana -- Muslim 10%

India -- Muslim 13.4%

Israel -- Muslim 16%

Kenya -- Muslim 10%

Russia -- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%

Chad -- Muslim 53.1%

Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania -- Muslim 70%

Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%

Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%

Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%

Egypt -- Muslim 90%

Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%

Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%

Iran -- Muslim 98%

Iraq -- Muslim 97%

Jordan -- Muslim 92%

Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%

Pakistan -- Muslim 97%

Palestine -- Muslim 99%

Syria -- Muslim 90%

Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%

Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%

United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%

Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%

Somalia -- Muslim 100%

Yemen -- Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

'Before I was nine, I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; the tribe against the world, and all of us against the infidel. -- Leon Uris, 'The Haj'

It is important to understand that in some countries, with well under 100% Muslim populations, such as France, the minority Muslim populations live in ghettos, within which they are 100% Muslim, and within which they live by Sharia Law. The national police do not even enter these ghettos. There are no national courts, nor schools, nor non-Muslim

religious facilities. In such situations, Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. The children attend madrasses. They learn only the Koran. To even associate with an infidel is a crime punishable with death. Therefore, in some areas of certain nations, Muslim Imams and extremists exercise more power than the national average would indicate.

Today's 1.5 billion Muslims make up 22% of the world's population. But their birth rates dwarf the birth rates of Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and all other believers. Muslims will exceed 50% of the world's population by the end of this century

start growing your beard and welcome your new overlords.
THIS is "why we keep Landshark around"!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link

Last edited by svxfiles; 09-22-2012 at 06:17 AM. Reason: I can has a beard?! :)
Old 09-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Hater

Quote:
I didn't take you to be the sort to use the word "fettering", and <it seems you're not>. What you know beyond Copy and Paste remains to be seen!
i'm not taking credit for the anything after my replies to you.

Quote:
To not goof on Islam seems not too different from, say, not kicking a pit bull downtown, or not lighting your house on fire. It's not pussification; it's common sense.
where do you draw the line? just let them have their Sharia law in the U.S., so they won't start grumbling? i say if they can't take a joke, **** 'em.

i don't believe all Islamic people are conniving murderers, but the religion lends itself to easy manipulation by its leaders. i'm tired of all the apologizing and placating.