SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 05:38 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Subaru Subwoofer:

I dont remember if this was answered b4 but it may be made by Clarion, the antenna is made by them. Anyways just wanted to throw that in.

O/T: guys around here play their country very very loud
Old 01-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
Subaru Subwoofer:

I dont remember if this was answered b4 but it may be made by Clarion, the antenna is made by them. Anyways just wanted to throw that in.

O/T: guys around here play their country very very loud
Clarion does make a very similar looking unit and someone said earlier that it probably is manufactured by Clarion for Subaru. i don't like the sound quality of it, but the one Clarion makes for consumer use may be better quality than the one they make for Subaru. anyways, i wouldn't recommend the Subaru version. i would suggest a 6.5" powered Bazooka tube, or better yet (but more money), the Infinity Basslink. both of these are good quality powered subs that would hardly affect trunk space.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-10-2003, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
Pfft. yeah. Right. So many rap songs have those instruments. And I bet you the rap artists play them too. Oh wait, no they don't. Even worse, its usually some insanely SIMPLE little melody on the piano that sounds like a freaking 4th grader is playing. Techno, on the other hand... well, I will tell you this: 85% of all 'electronic music' sucks. However, some of it is amazing. Chicane- Saltwater, or Autumn Tactics. BT: Smartbomb, Flaming June. These songs take TALENT. Unlike rap artists, these artists can't appeal to their fan base so easily as just calling women *****es- ie: Most 'fans' of BT aren't dumb enough to believe 'calling a cheating woman a ho' is some awe inspiring message like the bull**** you posted. And talentwise?! HAhAhAHaH. Man, any BIG electronic musician is probably one of the most talented people you'll ever meet. BT for instance, he plays his OWN keyboard, synths, turntables, etc etc. I saw him play TWO keyboards at once in concert. Can "Jay Z" or "Snoop" even play ANY instrument? I don't think so.

One of my friends is a budding electronic artists. NO, his songs don't just go "boom chk boom chk boom chk boom chk". They just happened to edited on a computer which really gives him a lot of capabilities. How? He's the most musically talented person I know. He's got so many medals for his trumpet playing that his trumpet case weighs a ton, he know how to play piano, he learned guitar about 2 years ago, and now he's thinking about getting another instrument. What he does is sample alot of his own talent, throw it in with a bunch of beats, rythms and effects he has on his computer, and produces amazing results, ALL of which are infinitely more complex than rap crap.

On another note, yes, I agree, the only music I am FORCED to listen to is rap. It seems that part of your rap 'culture' means being as annoying as possible by installing HUUUUGGGEEE subwoofers. Whenver I hear a car stereo blaring down the street, you know what kind of music it is? ****TY RAP. ALWAYS. In fact, I don't think I've EVER heard someone blasting techno, country, or classical, EVER.

I think that alone says something.

- Ca$h
mmmmmmmm.......i dont know what to say ca$h, really, im speachless....wow.....your amazing intellect has finally captured me in its grasp and i am now even more convinced of how stupid your remarks really are...."budding electronics artist" i.e. some wierdo playing with his keyboard in his basement who played the trumpet in middle school

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 01-10-2003, 09:46 PM

Quote:
i like it...and rob i dont really care if you dont like me because of that, i rest my case
i said i was done arguing with you, just in case you overlooked this line....so get back to the subwoofer. sorry all you guys for those shinanigans

Old 01-11-2003, 01:56 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2

mmmmmmmm.......i dont know what to say ca$h, really, im speachless....wow.....your amazing intellect has finally captured me in its grasp and i am now even more convinced of how stupid your remarks really are...."budding electronics artist" i.e. some wierdo playing with his keyboard in his basement who played the trumpet in middle school
\

I wouldn't comment on someone else's intellect when you can't even spell 'speechless', or 'weirdo'. You ever listen to Jazz? That's what John plays on his trumpet, he's awesome at it. Of course, maybe he should just ditch the whole 'musician' thing and buy some FUBU, put on a gold chain, and start rhyming about '*****es'.

I love rap fans, they're just so intelligent!

- Ca$h
Old 01-11-2003, 10:42 PM

well Ca$h, you made me look stupid. nice PM by the way, real mature, but anyways, since i know you're gonna reply to this with some smart ass remark, i'll just say my peace, music is like any art, it's beauty is in the eye of the beholder, obviously you dont like rap music, just as i dont prefer techno, you cant really make a 'true' statement about either, so im just going to let this remain as my last reply in this thread.

Old 01-11-2003, 11:09 PM
$VX

Yes, I can make a true statement:

Rap fans are generally stupid.

- Ca$h
Old 01-11-2003, 11:10 PM

thats an opinion not a true fact

Old 01-12-2003, 01:19 AM
Green1995SVX

Enough, guys. Take it to PM's if you must.

Mike
Closed Thread