Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Engine Management

Old 12-20-2015, 07:49 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Subiechips group buy

Anyone else want to take advantage of this deal before I close it out? Bishop? This is probably better than any group buy you will be able to put together.

I'm running out of plcc extractors so I can only make a few more updates for the newer style memory adapters. I have plenty of stock for updates for old style adapters and plenty of stock for whole new "chips."
Old 12-20-2015, 11:53 AM

Registered SVX

Since my engine blew again I'll be building the my engine and adding boost at some point so the megasquirt is looking like the better option again.
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Just some dude.

Every successful turbo car to date that I am aware of is running my firmware. There are zero successful turbo cars that I know of running after market engine management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop View Post
Since my engine blew again I'll be building the my engine and adding boost at some point so the megasquirt is looking like the better option again.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:49 AM

Registered SVX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfdy034D4NI
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:16 AM
Just some dude.

When I saw you posted a link I thought you had found a good turbo SVX running a megasquirt. That would be cool. In fact I have on several occasions provided tuning information up front to those who said they were in the process of building megasquirt systems for their SVX. They just never get done.

Forced induction for an SVX is hard. The space constraints are extreme. There's enough to worry about with the actual turbo system. Those who try to add on making their own engine management system to the project end up giving up before it's all done.

With a proven turn key system ready for very little money it only makes sense to use it to at least develop and prove your turbo system.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Just some dude.

Christmas sale prices are valid until new years.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:55 AM

Registered SVX

Just 2 quick questions..

I am running an older ECUtune chip, this one:

If I wanted to switch it to a newer chip, what would I need and what would it cost (not on sale price)?

Question #2..

I have CEL with the 1.4 chip installed, dealers tells me is is EGR 56(cal).
Dealers computer tells him it is phantom code and to replace the ECU ROM with a TSB ROM chip to fix the CEL..

**Disclaimer:
This is the same dealer that told me the mechanic they booked my car with didn't feel comfortable changing my power steering belt on my SVX as he never worked on one..
So I don't know if this guy is just blaming the ECU for the issue or what..

I already have a spare ECU with the TSB ROM in it, but it is in the same slot the ECUtune board goes into.

Anyways, just wondering what it would cost to upgrade, and if you ever heard of anyone else throwing a CEL for EGR 56(cal) from your older chips.

Last edited by Lookin4SVX; 12-31-2015 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:15 AM
Just some dude.

That older style memory adapter uses two 28 pin 8 bit ROMs. Those are the pieces with the ECUtune stickers on them. To update to the new firmware you get an update ROM set. I send you a pair of 28 pin 8 bit ROMs with Subiechips stickers on them that have been programmed with my latest firmware and you replace your ECUtune ROMs with the Subiechips ROMs.

The update ROM set sells for $99 plus $6 shipping = $105 delivered.

The old firmware did not cause any codes. Changing to a TSB ROM will not eliminate your EGR code. Changing to a stock ECU will not eliminate your EGR code. Updating to the latest Subiechips firmware WILL eliminate your EGR code. The Subiechips firmware is built on the JDM basecode so it doesn't use the EGR system and won't throw the code for it.

Some of the EGR parts are no longer available new anymore and a lot of times some of the lines are clogged with carbon build up. It can be difficult to repair your EGR system and get rid of your code.

The sale is till midnight tonight so you can still update at the sale price as long as you do it today.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:24 PM

Registered SVX

Wow, thanks for the quick answers.

Ok, so I would just replace the chips on the board with the new ones and it will get rid of my CEL, sounds like something I might go for in the spring. Thanks a lot!
Old 01-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Just some dude.

Ok, so the Christmas sale is over now; however, the network discount and group buy offers are once again available.

Network discount is $13.

Email me at usfwalden@aol.com with the email address for your paypal account and I'll send an invoice with the discount applied.

The network discount can be stacked when network members self organize into a group buy. So if you come in this thread and say hey I want to buy a chip does anyone else want to do a group buy with me and one guy says "ya I'm in." Then the two of you each get $26 off. If three of you get together you each get $39 off and so on and so on.

Just think, if 26 of you get together they will be free......Actually, I can't do that but I will let it go as far as stacking 13 $13 discounts together so if you could put together an order of 13 at a time you could each get $169 off.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Driving in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop View Post
How are you blowing engines? What mods yave you done that are making it unreliable?

1992 SVX Purple and Black 5 speed swap

SOLD
*1993 SVX Silver and Black
*1994 SVX L Barcelona Red FWD
Old 11-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Driving in Style

Group buy anyone? I'm looking to get one...

1992 SVX Purple and Black 5 speed swap

SOLD
*1993 SVX Silver and Black
*1994 SVX L Barcelona Red FWD
Old 11-12-2018, 10:39 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2649 View Post
Group buy anyone? I'm looking to get one...
since you have a 5 speed in already check your ecu to find out if you already have a ecutune chip, stock ecu on decel clutch in the engine dies, but with ecutune chip it doesn't
Old 11-12-2018, 01:48 PM

I'm potentially interested in a group buy.

Since it "will de-activate the EGR system in a US market SVX", does this mean it won't pass the California smog check? (No idea of the EGR will be tested, or effect the test.)

Also, since it "doesn't attempt to take atmospheric pressure sensor readings into consideration", will performance at higher altitudes become an issue?

Do I have to purchase the ECUtune unit separately? Or is it included? Or is it not necessary?

Will this solve the coasting-stall issue with the manual trans swap, or is that only the ECUtune?

Thanks,
Ian.