Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Engine Management

Old 03-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Hydra Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin View Post
i plan to buy one in the future, hopefully they are still available then
No offense intended directly at you, just using your statement as an example...

I personally went far out of my way to get the hydra available for this car because of my own personal desire but mostly because many people made this exact statement. I went through the trouble and finances to become a dealer and go through a training course in Cali so that this would be a direct plug-in for the car. I could have easily and much more cheaply gotten my unit to run in my car and called it a day...

False promises that insinuate a purchase are the reason I closed my shop. The reason you will all now have to find someone else to make your custom parts and do your R&D. Quite frankly, if you do not have the means to purchase something and do not see yourself having it in the near future... Don't say anything.

Tom
Old 03-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post

I personally went far out of my way to get the hydra available for this car because of my own personal desire but mostly because many people made this exact statement. I went through the trouble and finances to become a dealer and go through a training course in Cali so that this would be a direct plug-in for the car. I could have easily and much more cheaply gotten my unit to run in my car and called it a day...

False promises that insinuate a purchase are the reason I closed my shop. The reason you will all now have to find someone else to make your custom parts and do your R&D. Quite frankly, if you do not have the means to purchase something and do not see yourself having it in the near future... Don't say anything.

Tom
I totally understand Tom's frustration, and if I hadn't have bought one and fell in love with how awesome of an ECU it is I wouldn't even be concidering taking over his spot as the dealer. This community has a ton of empty promises and people who claim to be interested but when it comes down to it they bail. It took me almost a year to sell 35 custom made flexfit hats for a car that every member here claims to be infatuated with. I had about 4x more people say that if I got them done and they were good quality that "they'd definitely buy one" I bought 15 extra hats because people made this promise and I still have 4 left...

This is a rough crowd to make a personal investment on. It's an amazing product that Tom went out of his way to offer us. I jumped on that even though I could hardly afford it. I now am one of the lucky few that did. If anyone who REALLY wants one and can make a sacrifice right now to make it, start a list right now, but I'm telling you if you don't pay up when the time comes, I garantee you Tom won't do it. However if enough people can commit right now, you might not be SOL until myself or another member decide to take up where Tom left off. Only problem with waiting on me or someone else is, it'll be a while.... and well it's not even for sure that someone will do it.

Just my .02 but if you're still skeptical... I'm running my Hydra with base maps on an NA motor... it is night and day of a difference for smoothness of power bands and overall functionality of the car. Only mod I can even compare to being as worthwhile as a hydra, is a manual transmission conversion.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sov13t View Post
Hydra Nemesis - The only reason I still own an SVX.

How about that for a tag line

-Sov13t.

lol... almost true for me too...
Old 11-29-2018, 07:01 PM
Driving in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post

Tom

Crap... I just bought a subiechip piggyback ecu thing... I didnt even know this existed. Are they still available somewhere? Man, this is sad to read.

1992 SVX Purple and Black 5 speed swap

SOLD
*1993 SVX Silver and Black
*1994 SVX L Barcelona Red FWD
Old 12-16-2018, 06:17 PM

Sadly finding one of these things at this point is probably somewhere between extremely unlikely and impossible. Same goes for the ECUTune Supercharger kit that I would love to get my hands on.

I have played around with the idea of replacing the stock ECU with a Megasquirt 3, and I think I have all of the information I need to at least set it up and make it run and get a base tune established. Honestly though the stock ECU does a pretty good job at handling the situation and the only advantage to running an MS3 instead of using the stock ECU with a subiechip is that you can't do fancy "modern" stuff like boost control or change your tune on the side of the road with a laptop and a USB cable.

I think if I was building some crazy boosted setup (which I don't plan to) I would consider the MS3, and if someone else wants to give it a go I could certainly provide help and the information I have gathered.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:37 PM

The Nemesis is still available from Element Tuning. It does work however there are much newer options out there. The Nemesis tech is very old at this point. If I were to do it over now (not 6 years ago when the Nemesis 2.7 was new and I got mine) I would probably go with the ECU master black or something similar with new tech. I would use the wiring diagrams available, hardwire it in, and be done with it.