Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2009, 06:19 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Taxes that the Liberal can understand

Lee,

While I agree that one cannot spend his way out of debt, I don't see how the video you quoted proves anything. Yes, it shows some people - but is it a given that these people know everything and are right in their judgments?

E.g. if I posted a video of crowds marching in Hitlers support, would it justify the genocide? There were probably lots of Southern folks who didn't like the end of slavery, too.

In short: facts, please, not emotions.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybaris View Post
You're welcome.

You can thank us again when the troops are home and all the debts and wrongs from Dumbya's reign are corrected.

Are you kidding?? I really hope you are. otherwise this is one of the most politically ignorant statements I have ever heard. No troops are being sent home that are not being replaced by new or recalls. No debts are being paid in the next 20 years only MASSIVE new ones being created. Obama is not even destroying this country slowly he is doing it as fast as he can in 4 years

Tom
Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Are you kidding?? I really hope you are. otherwise this is one of the most politically ignorant statements I have ever heard. No troops are being sent home that are not being replaced by new or recalls. No debts are being paid in the next 20 years only MASSIVE new ones being created. Obama is not even destroying this country slowly he is doing it as fast as he can in 4 years

Tom
Call it what you like, in 3 years you will be better off than if the Republiclowns had kept the Whitehouse.

Print this, stick it in your skivvie drawer and read it again in 3 years.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Call it what you like, in 3 years you will be better off than if the Republiclowns had kept the Whitehouse.

Print this, stick it in your skivvie drawer and read it again in 3 years.
3 years?? Do you understand the cash for clunkers program will not be paid off in this time?? Not to mention the other stupid ass liberal **** being put into action that will drive this nation into incredible debt that a conservative will have to attempt to rectify?

Now I am not saying Bush did a good job by any means, but Obama makes him look like a saint

Tom
Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 PM

Registered SVX

Lets just keep it simple... If we could rewind 8 years we wouldnt even be here....
Old 09-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Maniac modifier

Be where?? We were in a lot better shape with Bush in office. Let me know how paying off your credit cards with new credit cards works out for you, thats what Obama is doing right now

Tom
Old 09-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX

Quote:
Be where?? We were in a lot better shape with Bush in office. Let me know how paying off your credit cards with new credit cards works out for you, thats what Obama is doing right now

Tom
That's the government for you! I'm $7500 in debt, I think I'm going to follow Mr Obama's example and take out a personal loan for $7500 to pay my credit card off... And it's not Obamanation it's OBAMUNISM! I think it's funny how over here it's mostly conservative, or at least those who frequently post are, and over on the USMB it's more on the liberal side (although I can't say for sure since you aren't allowed to post anything about religion or politics, even in off topic)
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 09-17-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:

Tom
Really? Bogus conflicts don't justify any alleged economic fruits.

During whose administration did this occur?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/09/news...ion=2009090904

As for credit cards paying off credit cards, works fine for me. Maybe you don't get the same offers I do.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX

It's very interesting to see all of these political posts on a web site dedicated to a car.

The main question that nobody has asked so far is; "Why are all of these lawyers expending soooo much energy to run for elected public offices in the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government." Especially when these public jobs pay about 1/3-1/2 of the salaries that similar private jobs offer. What's the allure?
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 09-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII View Post
It's very interesting to see all of these political posts on a web site dedicated to a car.

The main question that nobody has asked so far is; "Why are all of these lawyers expending soooo much energy to run for elected public offices in the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government." Especially when these public jobs pay about 1/3-1/2 of the salaries that similar private jobs offer. What's the allure?

Power and the "carrot" of what comes after leaving office?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 09-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Really? Bogus conflicts don't justify any alleged economic fruits.

During whose administration did this occur?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/09/news...ion=2009090904

As for credit cards paying off credit cards, works fine for me. Maybe you don't get the same offers I do.
Im sorry, the Democrats were exclaiming that they had all the solutions. Now they are simply making it worse than it already was. I said before, Bush was not good at what he was doing, but Obama and his liberals are making it worse, much worse.

Tom
Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Looks and smells great.

Quote:
Im sorry, the Democrats were exclaiming that they had all the solutions. Now they are simply making it worse than it already was. I said before, Bush was not good at what he was doing, but Obama and his liberals are making it worse, much worse.

Tom
But we can always hope Obama will change, right?
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
-C.S. Lewis
Old 09-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Obama is not even destroying this country slowly he is doing it as fast as he can in 4 years

Tom
exactly!

this administration needs to be stopped.

poor kids.

We need to warm Reagan up. I'll take a dead Reagan for 8 years please. Hell, put Nancy in there.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Last edited by immortal_suby; 09-24-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx

Lots of complaining going on in here. Lots of reading about how much spending is going on to get us out of debt or the recession.

I'm not big on economics. Seems like some are here. What is your solution to the problems we are having? I'm mainly talking about the huge economic and financial disaster that developed after the housing fiasco. What should our government and/or us as US citizens do or should have done to get the nation out of debt? Real easy to point fingers.

It's almost like complaining that someone who drove our SVX in a rally race is a screw up because they did not drive it right. They was a bad driving and their co-driver was horrible at directing and reading the maps. Then to also complain that the previous driver and co-pilot was bad but not as bad as the one we chose to drive the SVX in the last race that was lost. How about instead of being on the side line complaining, being one of the drivers or co-pilots for a change instead of pointing fingers. Either that or get out of a race you can't win and choose another sport to compete in (another country).

I've already decided to take my sorry ass back to school and at least get my bachelors degree, starting in November. Only a year left anyways. Try to get a foot up in the world and become one of the decision makers rather than only affected by the decisions made by others.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 09-28-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Lots of complaining going on in here. Lots of reading about how much spending is going on to get us out of debt or the recession.

I'm not big on economics. Seems like some are here. What is your solution to the problems we are having? I'm mainly talking about the huge economic and financial disaster that developed after the housing fiasco. What should our government and/or us as US citizens do or should have done to get the nation out of debt? Real easy to point fingers.

It's almost like complaining that someone who drove our SVX in a rally race is a screw up because they did not drive it right. They was a bad driving and their co-driver was horrible at directing and reading the maps. Then to also complain that the previous driver and co-pilot was bad but not as bad as the one we chose to drive the SVX in the last race that was lost. How about instead of being on the side line complaining, being one of the drivers or co-pilots for a change instead of pointing fingers. Either that or get out of a race you can't win and choose another sport to compete in (another country).

I've already decided to take my sorry ass back to school and at least get my bachelors degree, starting in November. Only a year left anyways. Try to get a foot up in the world and become one of the decision makers rather than only affected by the decisions made by others.

Solution... STOP LIVING BEYOND YOUR MEANS!!

Who in the hell told a single income family make 40k a year that they could afford a $400k home?

Don't drive a $60k car when you make $40k a year

If living within your means dictates that you live in poverty, you need to reassess your income situation and work at doing better.

I can only do this for myself, I can only vote for people who share my beliefs and morals. If the rest of society wants to live foolishly and vote for whomever is giving out the most handouts... What am I to do about it?

Tom