Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: McCain picks Alaska's Govenor for VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
Let's put this in historical perspective: The Vietnam War was a failure. Why? We struck first.

The Iraq war is useless. Why? We struck first for no good reason.
The Vietnam War was not a military failure--it was a political failure as Iraq will be IF we withdraw too soon.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-05-2008, 08:40 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
The Vietnam War was not a military failure--it was a political failure as Iraq will be IF we withdraw too soon.

Lee
You don't call 55000 lives wasted a failure?

Revisionist history much?
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 09-06-2008, 03:00 AM
A mom with style ;-)

Send a message via Yahoo to momzsvx

I believe Palen makes way for Condoleezza Rice to take the hot seat.

For a better America: (In my opion)
Allow one to have the decision to stand up for our country. Allow one to speak freely has become an American virus. Create a more structured system, such like punish the litter bugs like Singapore. Redefine how long a term should be in Congress and the White House, offers the ability to look centuries ahead rather then focus on matters of tomorrow. Having structure taken into consideration in our country will limit ones confusion of rights. Some Americans believe they have rights, and lack the honor and integrity to fight. Only in America Right! But that is the American way! Structure will limit free doers such as those who desire the freedom of speech, and litter on public property. If America can clean up and shape up and redefine rights, makes way for a stronger nation. China has had long term power and look at them now. They have a more structured system which allows them take advantage of what remains of the future. They are reserving oil for their military rivalry. There country will have the oil to battle we will have…..not much if any. We need to implement ways to utilize our resources for energy. As Americans we have attached to many variables in freedom which has affected the structure of our government.

92 LS-L parts
94-LSi My baby
95-(AWD) polo green T-Boned
Old 09-06-2008, 05:49 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
Sigh. If only the Republicans would report facts. If they reported facts, they'd know that the OBAMA tax plan lowers taxes for most US citizens. Alas, they ignore these facts in favor of spreading lies and expecting them to stick.

Small government/low taxes my ass.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news...proposals_tpc/
Conservative pundits are saying Obama's tax proposal is not a tax cut for the lowest income tax payers, it is welfare and redistribution of wealth.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by momzsvx View Post
I believe Palen makes way for Condoleezza Rice to take the hot seat.

For a better America: (In my opion)
Allow one to have the decision to stand up for our country. Allow one to speak freely has become an American virus. Create a more structured system, such like punish the litter bugs like Singapore. Redefine how long a term should be in Congress and the White House, offers the ability to look centuries ahead rather then focus on matters of tomorrow. Having structure taken into consideration in our country will limit ones confusion of rights. Some Americans believe they have rights, and lack the honor and integrity to fight. Only in America Right! But that is the American way! Structure will limit free doers such as those who desire the freedom of speech, and litter on public property. If America can clean up and shape up and redefine rights, makes way for a stronger nation. China has had long term power and look at them now. They have a more structured system which allows them take advantage of what remains of the future. They are reserving oil for their military rivalry. There country will have the oil to battle we will have…..not much if any. We need to implement ways to utilize our resources for energy. As Americans we have attached to many variables in freedom which has affected the structure of our government.

you have completely raped and murdered the English language.

+5 for spelling "Condoleezza" right, though.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Certified Porschephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
you have completely raped and murdered the English language.

+5 for spelling "Condoleezza" right, though.
+1

China: The beacon of the future.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:02 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX

Memorandum to: People who post with political links

Dear person(s) who posts opinion columns to support your personal beliefs,

Has anyone told you lately you look like a tool? Posting a link and then pulling some of the more antagonistic sentences from it to claim victory seems to be the newest fad. Have you stopped to think what you realy believe in?

Sorry for the antagonism but I had to catch your heightened attention to finished the entire paragraph I have here. you know how it is, people dont read anymore, unless its angering or exciting, they skim.

I personally do not care who you vote for. But I think that if people would turn these attacks and questions upon themselves(it has to be the american people, then it can be the politicians) they would learn a lot more about what/who would be good for this country.

The art of debate, civil respective discussions which often times lead to disagreement, seems to be dead. it seems to have been replaced with people looking to the side, scooping up some mud from the internet, and then letting it fly.

~Phil
Old 09-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by momzsvx View Post
Allow one to speak freely has become an American virus.
Your post reads as the credo of an indoctrinated Asian imported American. Are you Korean?

"Redefining rights" will be one of the many downfalls of this nation.

Government is not as important as the people it is designed to support.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
"Redefining rights" will be one of the many downfalls of this nation.

Government is not as important as the people it is designed to support.
Ah but if Palin gets in there she'll be willing to ban the Constitution {or at least ask every librarian (at a recorded public hearing no less) if they're willing to do so as a personal "loyalty" test}from your public library rather than simply ignoring it as our current administration has done.

That's change right! Long live McCarthy!

On second thought, maybe that's the Republican comprehensive energy policy! Can't you smell the books burning already? That fire should keep us nice and toasty!
Old 09-06-2008, 05:49 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX View Post
Memorandum to: People who post with political links

Dear person(s) who posts opinion columns to support your personal beliefs,

Has anyone told you lately you look like a tool? Posting a link and then pulling some of the more antagonistic sentences from it to claim victory seems to be the newest fad. Have you stopped to think what you realy believe in?

Sorry for the antagonism but I had to catch your heightened attention to finished the entire paragraph I have here. you know how it is, people dont read anymore, unless its angering or exciting, they skim.

I personally do not care who you vote for. But I think that if people would turn these attacks and questions upon themselves(it has to be the american people, then it can be the politicians) they would learn a lot more about what/who would be good for this country.

The art of debate, civil respective discussions which often times lead to disagreement, seems to be dead. it seems to have been replaced with people looking to the side, scooping up some mud from the internet, and then letting it fly.

~Phil
Phil,

I'm an old geezer, your assumption here is short sighted in that those of us with many years of existence don't have much use for someone elses views that do or don't support our views. The internet is an amazing place, let's all use it to learn.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:34 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Ah but if Palin gets in there she'll be willing to ban the Constitution {or at least ask every librarian (at a recorded public hearing no less) if they're willing to do so as a personal "loyalty" test}from your public library rather than simply ignoring it as our current administration has done.

On second thought, maybe that's the Republican comprehensive energy policy! Can't you smell the books burning already? That fire should keep us nice and toasty!
Ben, you are hopeless. My generation would wipe you out for your anti-anti-anti- anarchist stance. OK, the current system sucks....both major parties are corrupt, they are only interested in being re-elected, the peoples business is not a priority to our fine legislators, the american political system is in place to provide a nice living for smart lawyers who just want to maintain their sweet slots. Can you change this? Don't think so. If you take up a position out on the fringe, how do you cause change? Is it a matter of principle? Being 35 years your senior I can't comprehend your disconnect. Sorry, guess I'm just too unprincipled.

As a self employed carpenter, do you find it easier to reject the status quo? Do you possibly not have enough connection to the main stream to have a view in keeping with most americans?????? I think I under stand your distaste of the major parties, don't understand your dislike of the system.

Last edited by dromano; 09-07-2008 at 05:54 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:38 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post

Long live McCarthy is right. The Republicans think that the Patriot Act is okay. That is McCarthyism through and through.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 09-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Certified Porschephile

8 years of crying that the Constitution is being rewritten, that hard core Christian fundamentalists are going to be in the Supreme Court for 40 years, etc.... NONE of it has happened. Dems get lazy people scared to get votes, or like in 2000 and 2004 just pick up the homeless in vans and give them cartons of cigarettes for pulling the Democrat party lever. Both sides play dirty, but it's one party with a 50 year long record of shenannigans. Example? Chicago 1960. More people vote for JFK then are registered to vote in the city. Later a panel finds dead people voted for JFK since there was no mandatory ID required, something the dems TO THIS DAY are in favor of. How can you support not having voters show valid photo ID? They also have pushed for convicted felons to be given the right to vote again. Republican party has some major flaws, but no where near the dems, and a HELL of a lot less crying.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:30 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromano View Post
Phil,

I'm an old geezer, your assumption here is short sighted in that those of us with many years of existence don't have much use for someone elses views that do or don't support our views. The internet is an amazing place, let's all use it to learn.
Dramano,

I do not see were I stated a contradiction as you have suggested. Please re-read my post. In fact, I said nothing to suggest the internet is a detrimental place. Just that it makes some people lazy and I feel it gives them an excuse to think even less about what they truly believe.
~Phil
Old 09-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Ben, you are hopeless. My generation would wipe you out for your anti-anti-anti- anarchist stance. OK, the current system sucks....both major parties are corrupt, they are only interested in being re-elected, the peoples business is not a priority to our fine legislators, the american political system is in place to provide a nice living for smart lawyers who just want to maintain their sweet slots. Can you change this? Don't think so. If you take up a position out on the fringe, how do you cause change? Is it a matter of principle? Being 35 years your senior I can't comprehend your disconnect. Sorry, guess I'm just too unprincipled.

As a self employed carpenter, do you find it easier to reject the status quo? Do you possibly not have enough connection to the main stream to have a view in keeping with most americans?????? I think I under stand your distaste of the major parties, don't understand your dislike of the system.
Yes we all know how "American" your generation was when it came to Naming Names. Ya'll gave eachother up! How patriotic! How HOPEFUL. HOW CLUELESS ARE YOU?

Unlike you I deplore those actions as more hurtful to this country and its Constitution as that every American no matter what they have done deserve the protections and rights spelled out in the Constitution. That is the key difference between you and I. I'd rather put faith in the civil servants to do their job of building a case legally to put away criminals and terrorists then ignore the rights of one single American.

I guess you also think that Jesus was able to reject the status quo because he was a carpenter. I don't reject the status quo one bit, I hold myself and my country to a higher standard rather than settling for what we have.

On the other hand make some pretty good arguements for how bad this country's political system is and what is wrong with it. Then you ignore the past 75 years of the downward spirial both parties have left us with and fall into their trap of "Change" will bring you to the promised land. Change will not come from either of these parties as they do not want change. They won't get rich of change. The only thing they want is your vote and sadly, your more than happy to give it to 'em.

FYI there are now more independents then Democrats and Republicans so if you want to lump me into to the "Self thinkers and Self voters" rather than the brainwashed few that is just fine. That would also be the Status Quo side. I like more Americans do reject the "fringe party lines" just as I reject anyone telling me what books I can read!

I don't need a political party to tell me what to think, tell me how to act, tell me what to do, tell me what I can say or tell me how to vote. I guess that's too disconnected too fringe for a free thinker such as yourself

What change am I looking for that you seem to think I want? The only change I want to see is people voting for the best canidate for office rather the recycled crap the democrats and republicans run every 2, 4 or 6 years. If McCain was such a savior why didn't he win 8 years ago? I guess he just isn't as good as George W. Bush?

When did I ever say that I dislike the "system"? FYI I work for the system.. One who lives in glass houses though shouldn't throw stone!

Quote:
OK, the current system sucks....both major parties are corrupt, they are only interested in being re-elected, the peoples business is not a priority to our fine legislators, the american political system is in place to provide a nice living for smart lawyers who just want to maintain their sweet slots.
Change comes via individuals and their principles not by poltical parties. Voting for these parties IMO (unless you truely belive in a "person" running) is nothing more supporting the corruption they love. I know I won't vote for someone who like John McCain or Barack Obama is satisfied being a member of a corrupt part! One must look at the mirror first when trying to solve problems.