SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-17-2003, 02:27 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Bobb and Ron

<Folks!>
Well said Bobb! We have talked about those very points off and on over the years here. I don't think anyone wants our home here to evolve into Death Valley, like some other sites. We certainly talk about other things when we are meets....so why not here? Perhaps an O/T forum by itself, as petesvx2 mentioned, is the way to go. If people could just avoid pushing each others buttons....and creating new buttons to push....maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion. As I tell my kids....and they think I'm a skipping CD...."If you haven't got anything nice to say about someone, keep it to yourself. The world is negative enough."

Ron, old buddy.....I need to run my material by you first.
You always have a way of taking my pages of ideas and melting them down into a few beautiful thoughts.

<A website is merely a watering hole for willing travelers. If you find a better oasis, go drink there. If not, stick around. All water everywhere eventually rises or falls to the same level anyway>

Man, I wish I could express myself like that.....maybe I need a box-o'-wine myself! Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 01-17-2003, 02:41 PM
flatsix92

Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy

Do you see anything wrong with someone telling you your uniquely chromed rims look like cheap $5 KMART hubs?
It's the overall attituded and lack of respect.
You mean this thread?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...5&pagenumber=2

I don't see anything 'wrong' or 'disrespectful', it was just a stated opinion. Here's what was said
Quote:
"I don't like em chrome. No offense. Just my opinion, but the remind me of those 20 dollar k-mart hubcaps. "
Please explain how that is 'attitude' and 'lack of respect', and you get a cookie.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I have only been here a short time, i have only owned the SVX a short time and i am already about to go for #2. I am a young guy and I wouldnt say i have nearly as much knowledge or wisdom as many of you. I try to help those who need help and i ask for help when i can. I think someof the greatest people i have met in life are on this forum, to list a few: Mike, Randy, Don, Ron, Mitch, Johnny, Larry, Kelli, Beav, and so many more. I have not talked to some of these people a great deal but i feel as if they are like family, and to me nearly all the family i have. I dont want to see this forum die. I hope it stays open and a few nice notes from a mod will clear up the trolls. I love the SVX and i have a passion for it. I dont want to loose the greatest resorce we have. I still think we should creat a O/T forum for totaly non SVX related stuff. This way the comunity of this forum can talk about whatever thay want. On the Babble it will be: pics, new SVX info, tips, and other stuff that may be more "general". I am gonna stay here and not going to give up. I have seen to many die and i have left them all. This is the last onlife forum that i still come to and i will stay. Anyone who is thinking of leave, DONT! we need you all here.. I have seen how things have changed, i love reading old posts.. I hope we work this out and hold together and i hope you all enjoy reading my longest post yet.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Social skills

<Do you see anything wrong with someone telling you your uniquely chromed rims look like cheap $5 KMART hubs?
It's the overall attituded and lack of respect>

Certainly not a very flattering statement, considering that since you dropped a bundle on those wheels, YOU thought they were good looking.....but Davie, I thought you handled it pretty well at the time!

<None taken, but I don't think they resemble Kmart hubs. Maybe if you saw them in person... That shot was a bad angle.>
Don

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 01-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
[ This is the last onlife forum that i still come to and i will stay. Anyone who is thinking of leave, DONT! we need you all here.. I have seen how things have changed, i love reading old posts.. I hope we work this out and hold together and i hope you all enjoy reading my longest post yet. [/B][/QUOTE]

Leslie, if you're half the young man in person as you seem to be here in cyberspace, then I look forward to shaking your hand in Reading.

Ron (nothing to add).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Thumbs up

<Leslie, if you're half the young man in person as you seem to be here in cyberspace, then I look forward to shaking your hand in Reading>

He is Ron. After all this time, I've found another SVX'er right over the mountain in Beckley...and the young man is a class act! Seems a bit on the quiet side though ......but a few minutes around you at Reading will cure that! Don

Old 01-17-2003, 09:41 PM

Re: Social skills

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
<Do you see anything wrong with someone telling you your uniquely chromed rims look like cheap $5 KMART hubs?
It's the overall attituded and lack of respect>

Certainly not a very flattering statement, considering that since you dropped a bundle on those wheels, YOU thought they were good looking.....but Davie, I thought you handled it pretty well at the time!

<None taken, but I don't think they resemble Kmart hubs. Maybe if you saw them in person... That shot was a bad angle.>
Don
Thanks. That's the best approach I think.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Green1995SVX

Leslie's post was right on. I was thinking about leaving, but I'm staying, and with full force too! WOOOOO!

Mike
Old 01-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I thank you guys, i am glad to be here and i hope to see all the great people here stay....long live the SVX world network.
I cant wait or Reading, and i hope to have a beautiful claret to bring with me.

Yes i am quiet, i dont like to be loud, loud people are just trying to show off....
Old 01-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Ain't it the truth?

say WHAT?

<loud people are just trying to show off....>

.....or trying to be heard over their gigawatt audio system! Don

Old 01-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Re: say WHAT?

Quote:

yeah but that's peak power. Probably only about 200W RMS

Mine is only 1.08 megawatts
Old 01-17-2003, 11:53 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Re: say WHAT?

Quote:

mine isnt that big, never cranked it up to 3/4 power though.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:42 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Say WHAT? II

Crank it up just a LITTLE more Leslie....
....and you will have that sunroof you always wanted! Don

Old 01-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Re: Say WHAT? II

Quote:
Crank it up just a LITTLE more Leslie....
....and you will have that sunroof you always wanted! Don
mine is a LS-L
Old 01-19-2003, 07:13 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
I think someof the greatest people i have met in life are on this forum, to list a few: Mike, Randy, Don, Ron, Mitch, Johnny, Larry, Kelli, Beav, and so many more. I have not talked to some of these people a great deal but i feel as if they are like family, and to me nearly all the family i have.
Thank you, Leslie, for including me on your list. Please know that the feeling is mutual and applies for just about everyone here (no intentional exclusions, I just do not believe in absolutes. There must be a bad apple somewhere in the barrel of thousands). This whole issue seemed to flame up out of nowhere and has hopefully burned off just as quickly. You can't have a discussion among so many people and not have some hot argument spark up and burn. Like all good families, things will be said in the heat of the moment and ill thought declarations will be blurted out. It's good to see that the fire already seems to be extinguishing itself and things appear to be getting back to normal again. I look forward to many years of pleasant company here and have no plan (nor ever did) on leaving unless my SVX causes me so much grief that I curse the day they were ever created and wipe my hands of them. I find that highly improbable though even though the way things currently are with mine could easily make a lesser man (surely no one on this board) abandon his SVX.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.