Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 10:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Yellow SVX for sale!!!

I cannot believe it but there is a yellow SVX for sale here in Sydney!!!

It is a 1995 and has 17,000km on it - the dealer (they have had a few SVX's and their service manager is quite a fan of them) wants $45,000 - the ad says that it is one of only two in that colour that made it to Australia - it does not have rego plates so I don't know if it is the same car that was in the magazine review that is on my site.

I went and had a look at it last night (12.30am!!)...and, em.......the yellow looks heaps different in the flesh, almost a lemony yellow rather than deep rich yellow and is very similar to the yellow they have on the EVO spec WRX's that were released here last year.

On the issue of WRX's, I went on a trackday and belted around a race track in a WRX, a Holden SS Commodore and also my trusty steed, a 4cyl automatic Camry -- WRX held through the corners, the Commodore just had so much grunt it was not funny, and powerslided out of every corner....as for my car, well, I had a hoot: massive understeer, all over the place but I drove it like a maniac and had the best time....soon, Mr SVX will show them the power of the Alycone!!!

Jamsvx

PS: I'll scan the ad in!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 06-30-2001, 07:52 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Yellow SVX?

Hey Aredub! Here is your big chance to have an SVX in the color of your dreams!
Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 06-30-2001, 11:47 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Yellow SVX?

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
Hey Aredub! Here is your big chance to have an SVX in the color of your dreams!
Don

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-01-2001, 10:00 AM
Is it Summer yet?

Yellow, my favorite SVX colour (except maybe for dayglo orange). Too bad it's down under though. But it does sound like it's a bit on the pale side.
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 07-01-2001, 04:34 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Dunne searchin!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx
I cannot believe it but there is a yellow SVX for sale here in Sydney!!!

It is a 1995 and has 17,000km on it - the dealer (they have had a few SVX's and their service manager is quite a fan of them) wants $45,000 - the ad says that it is one of only two in that colour that made it to Australia - it does not have rego plates so I don't know if it is the same car that was in the magazine review that is on my site.

I went and had a look at it last night (12.30am!!)...and, em.......the yellow looks heaps different in the flesh, almost a lemony yellow rather than deep rich yellow and is very similar to the yellow they have on the EVO spec WRX's that were released here last year.

On the issue of WRX's, I went on a trackday and belted around a race track in a WRX, a Holden SS Commodore and also my trusty steed, a 4cyl automatic Camry -- WRX held through the corners, the Commodore just had so much grunt it was not funny, and powerslided out of every corner....as for my car, well, I had a hoot: massive understeer, all over the place but I drove it like a maniac and had the best time....soon, Mr SVX will show them the power of the Alycone!!!

Jamsvx

PS: I'll scan the ad in!
Hi James

Are you going to buy?

Price seems steep, but Kms really low. Might be worth it.
Strange you mention about the colour. I have John's CD with loads of SVX pictures. There are only 4 yellows, leads me to suspect this was not an option offered in the States. But, one of these pictures is a pretty strange lemony colour. The other three are the nice warm buttery colour I like. Is it possible there were two yellow colours?

BTW, one of the pics is the same car as on the UK Yahoo site. It may belong to groundeffectltd, the founder, but I am not sure. It has a strange effect, like garlic on vampires. Randy has not visited the site since the car was posted.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 07-01-2001 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2001, 04:39 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Code yellow

James

Check post 198 on UK Yahoo.

It has the paint code for the UK yellow colour. You may be able to compare with the code listed on the car at the dealers. If it is a different code, and the colour is original, then 2 yellows exist.

BTW, my other car, a Matra Murena, also comes in a lemony yellow, which is kinda weird up close. You get to like it, but I refer to it as pi$$ yellow.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-01-2001, 09:16 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Dunne searchin!

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Randy has not visited the site since the car was posted.
Wrong-o old boy. The yellow SVX was the club pict when I joined back in '00 and it hasn't changed since. In fact, it was the very same pict that was the Yahoo club pict when I joined. I just thought the color was off. If you do a search on the yahoo board, you'll see that I was the cause of the picture change on the Yahoo board. I asked if the red color had been skewed, or the car was really the color of baby poop. Jester changed it shortly thereafter.

I've actually been back to the UK site several times, but, they don't seem to need my help anymore. Their numbers have grown and they seem to be getting by "swimmingly."
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-01-2001, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Are you going to buy?
I can't. My present job is a one-year contract position and I want to go overseas (and back to the homeland!) at the beginning of 2002.

As for the price, I think you could get it for $40,000.......however, by way of comparison, that is the price of a brand new WRX.

I will contact them and see if they will give me the colour code....I am curious too to see if the shade of yellow varied from market to market

Jamsvx

PS: the 'Dunne Searchin' is hilarious!!!!

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 07-02-2001, 01:34 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Dunne searchin!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Wrong-o old boy. The yellow SVX was the club pict when I joined back in '00 and it hasn't changed since. In fact, it was the very same pict that was the Yahoo club pict when I joined. I just thought the color was off. If you do a search on the yahoo board, you'll see that I was the cause of the picture change on the Yahoo board. I asked if the red color had been skewed, or the car was really the color of baby poop. Jester changed it shortly thereafter.

I've actually been back to the UK site several times, but, they don't seem to need my help anymore. Their numbers have grown and they seem to be getting by "swimmingly."
Now Randy,

You should know me better than that. I knew the yeller peril wouldn't be enough to keep you away, I merely said it for provocation.
But I expected you to come back fightin, not defendin.

As an aside, there is very little traffic on the UK site these days. I stopped Yahooing myself because the Message 40 thing was giving me Alzheimers deja vu.
Also, I did a lot of posting there with no responses, so watching it became boring.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-02-2001, 01:41 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Not Dunne?

Quote:

Jamsvx

PS: the 'Dunne Searchin' is hilarious!!!!
If that's the case James, why don't you use your geographic proximity to the Japanese market to source a good and cheap SVX, and organise shipping home when you are travelling. You would get a good cheap SVX for a fraction of what these guys are asking, and the import duty is not that steep unless you get a late model car. 95 sounds ideal.

And you would have more choice than Mello Yello.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-02-2001, 08:21 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Dunne searchin!

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

Now Randy,

You should know me better than that. I knew the yeller peril wouldn't be enough to keep you away, I merely said it for provocation.
But I expected you to come back fightin, not defendin.

Oh, I see. Now you're in league with eddycat? Yikes. Speaking of peril.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-02-2001, 05:24 PM

Quote:
If that's the case James, why don't you use your geographic proximity to the Japanese market to source a good and cheap SVX, and organise shipping home when you are travelling. You would get a good cheap SVX for a fraction of what these guys are asking, and the import duty is not that steep unless you get a late model car. 95 sounds ideal.
Opps.....I'm only going back on a holiday, not permanently (at least until my later years anyways).

As for imported SVX's from Japan into Australia, our import laws say that unless it is brought in as a personal import (I would have to live in, and owned, an SVX in Japan for 12 months), it cannot be brought in since not enough years have passed since the model was officially on sale here (ending 1997).

In addition, it would actually cost about the same as an Australian delivered one by the time shipping, tax, compliance (have to change the seatbelts, odometer, fluids, wheels, side intrusion bars - there is a whole list of mandatory items to change) plus
- we already have problems with high performance JDM engines since they are designed to run on a higher RON fuel than we have.
-lack of a service/owner history
-its bad enough finding any of the original SVX mechanics, let alone those who could/would work on a JDM spec SVX.

I'll find one eventually--- I've waited long enough so far and in the interim, I can make millionaires out of the sellers on Ebay!!!

James

Old 07-02-2001, 06:14 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs down Aussie rules Euro rules

Quote:

In addition, it would actually cost about the same as an Australian delivered one by the time shipping, tax, compliance (have to change the seatbelts, odometer, fluids, wheels, side intrusion bars - there is a whole list of mandatory items to change) plus
- we already have problems with high performance JDM engines since they are designed to run on a higher RON fuel than we have.
-lack of a service/owner history
-I'll find one eventually--- I've waited long enough so far and in the interim, I can make millionaires out of the sellers on Ebay!!!

James
Hi James

I did misunderstand, I thought you were homeward bound when your contract expired.

Interesting the number of mandatory changes you list here. No doubt they are demanded on safety grounds. No doubt also the real reason for the demand is to stifle the trade of imports from Japan, so enough demands are made to make it un-economic.

You would be familiar with our Vehicle Registration Tax[VRT] here, the stated aim of which is to bring the cost of second-hand imports up to the price of the locally available ones. I am so incensed at the anti-competitive nature of this tax, I voted against the EU Nice treaty in the last election. This is the first and only time I have ever voted against a Euro issue. We were promised a boundary free Europe, tax harmonisation, an integrated market. PAH!

My reason for voting anti-Nice would be seen as spurious and irrelevalent to a Euro politician, so be it. There is nothing so vaporous as a political promise, either on a European or a local political stage. My view, if they can't be trusted to deliver something so simple as individual freedom to purchase within Europe, how can we trust them on the militarisation issue, who will protect the Eastern Europeans against globalisation, how can we believe our sovereignty is sacred? No, we are building a Corporate Europe here for the benefit of big business, and tended by a new elite of mandarins in Brussels, who are arrogant enough to believe we should have voted yes because they told us to.

We have a history in Ireland of fighting imperialism for centuries, strange the Brussels bureaucrats still underestimate what makes us tick.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl