Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-10-2002, 09:29 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: O/T - very disturbing!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
don't view this site if you have a weak stomach. otherwise, very funny!

http://www.jimmy540i.com/bmwnightmare.htm

I went through this whole site... It was like a train wreck.... I couldn't stop looking.... The site stayed with me all night... I guess I never really liked the way Beamers looked anyway... but I couldn' t figure out why I kept thinking about that site. On the way to work today it came to me..... These guys that modify the BMW are not satisfied with the design.. the most common mod (and most hated by the site's moderator) are the spoilers and body kits (paint is kind of interesting too). I've seen alot of mods to the SVX in these pages, but the one thing that I notice is the lack of restyling that is done....

Do ya think we like the way our car looks??? I know I can't stop looking at mine..... I'm almost obsessed ..... but in a good way!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 12-10-2002, 09:53 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Re: Re: O/T - very disturbing!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

Do ya think we like the way our car looks??? I know I can't stop looking at mine..... I'm almost obsessed ..... but in a good way!
I'm right there with ya, Mitch! I can't stop admiring my SVX either and just stare at it when I see it like an ugly guy who stares at the bombshell girl he can't believe he is lucky enough to be dating or married to.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:13 PM
Hater

Re: Re: O/T - very disturbing!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

I went through this whole site... It was like a train wreck.... I couldn't stop looking.... The site stayed with me all night... I guess I never really liked the way Beamers looked anyway... but I couldn' t figure out why I kept thinking about that site. On the way to work today it came to me..... These guys that modify the BMW are not satisfied with the design.. the most common mod (and most hated by the site's moderator) are the spoilers and body kits (paint is kind of interesting too). I've seen alot of mods to the SVX in these pages, but the one thing that I notice is the lack of restyling that is done....

trust me, if there were more bodykits available (and more SVX's around) some yahoos would find a way to make them look hideous.
i kinda like the way BMW's look, especially the 850 (kinda SVX-like, but supposedly tough to maintain.) i saw a sneek peek at the new 6-series, and they are NICE! that new roadster (Z4?) is REALLY bad looking, however!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-10-2002, 07:27 PM

lol lol lol lol lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! This really made my day. Even though I still want a Beamer later in life, I'll keep that site in mind when considering any mods. P.S. I think I'll set the beamer with the awesome( lol) tail pipes as my backround , it'll help cheer me up with a good laugh when I'm having "one of those days" type of days.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:17 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

I'm not sure why, but one of my all time favorite auto designs was the 2800 CS BMW Coupe of the late '60's. The design has been updated since, but has always retained a good bit of the original concept. The 4 pod dash gauges mounted on wood was also a turn-on.

Ron (mod one of these & I'll shoot).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:26 AM

Registered SVX
BMW's

Down this way they are BRRRMERS. Know how to say it but how do I spell it ?? Like when you were a little boy and made car noises and there were two of them !!. Howzat, got it ??

To be honest I have never seen anything Kiwi anywhere near that stupid even " improved " GM or Ford products. Some of those things would be great for a charity show we have where entrants try to fly off the end of a wharf using wild home made things to be airborn as far as possible then end up in the drink.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!