Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-06-2002, 04:13 PM
I'm just sayin'..........

Unhappy O/T: NO radio reception!! (well a little)

I'm so frustrated!! The stupid radio in my Loyale won't pick up any stations once the car warms up. This is a recent development and I have no idea where to begin looking. It worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago. When it's cold, it works fine. Once it starts to warm up, the reception quits.

Any suggestions? The car is my 2nd car, so I don't really want to spend a bunch of money for a decent radio for it. Although a cheapie from walmart is looking better and better.

One other question. Now that we're getting lower temps here, the engine in the Loyale seems to roar when I start it. It sounds as if the fan kicks on the minute the car starts. I press the gas pedal a bit and it goes back down to a lower idle. Should the fan be coming on as soon as the car starts? I never noticed this in the summer. It runs great, and the temp gauge is where is should be. Should I be concerned?

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 12-06-2002, 05:51 PM
Green1995SVX

Bobby-

You might want to try the Sony Outlet for a good deal on a stereo. They are very cheap.

Glad to see you are OK. I was worred after not seeing you at Cat's on Friday. I hope all is well.

Mike
Old 12-06-2002, 08:05 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Loyale problems

Bring it by tomorrow when you drop of the ramp. I should be home by 4 and have no real plans there after. I have a few ideas.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:36 AM
I'm just sayin'..........

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Bobby-

You might want to try the Sony Outlet for a good deal on a stereo. They are very cheap.

Glad to see you are OK. I was worred after not seeing you at Cat's on Friday. I hope all is well.

Mike
Hey Mike!!

Junior put up a protest after being in the car for 4 hrs, so when I mentioned that we weren't going to my house and were instead going somewhere else, he all but cried. I hate those 4 hr trips myself, but he's worth it!!

I'll check the sony outlet this week. I found the problem. OF all the stupid places to run an antenna wire, they ran it under the carpet. So that "rock" that i thought was sticking in my heel was actually the antenna wire and it kept pulling the connection loose. I'll rewire it on a warmer day...until then duct tape to the rescue!!

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 12-09-2002, 07:38 AM
Green1995SVX

Family is always the most important, Bobby. Glad you got to spend some quality time with your son.

Mike