SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2002, 09:15 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
In SC we can drive for 45 days without putting a plate on the car - just need a bill of sale. Insurance automatically covers also. Comes in handy when one of the svx's needs repairs - We keep "selling" the toyota back and forth.

I would definitely not put another car's plate on the car. Deliberately trying to deceive is alot harder to explain than just plain driving with no plate.

Either a temp plate or a trailer will keep you out of trouble. If that thing breaks down on the side of the road and an officer comes up to help you will get screwed.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxqueen
You can't get a temp tag when you already own the car. Remember guys since he never gave the title to the other person he technically never sold it
Old 12-02-2002, 12:23 PM
$VX

Tell the truth. I've been pulled over after purchasing a car and the cop understood. Just drive it home man, if you get pulled over, play it cool, be polite, and tell him you're just driving it home, and you just bought it. Cops aren't out to be assholes... .. (meter maids are though).

- Ca$h
Old 12-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Green1995SVX

I used to work for a car dealer, and sometimes had to transport cars. I have driven cars cross-state many times with no plate or inspection sticker or anything, and have never had a problem. It was probably just luck though. I actually recall being followed by a police cruiser once and not being pulled over.

Mike