Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-31-2001, 09:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Talking Hey! *Cool* car!

You know the drill. While filling up, you notice the person on the other side of the gas pump looking around, under and over things in an attempt to determine what kind of UFO you've arrived in.

This one asked me many, many questions.

I was certainly willing to answer all of them

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-31-2001, 09:47 AM
Lowered SVX

the other day....

i was setting at a stop light and the guy next to me was staring at my car. the light changed and i began to drive off but he just sat there looking at my car until the car behind him beeped their horn. damn SVX is mesmerizing isnt it?? it is really funny when you see someone trying not to look at your car. it is like they dont want you to see them looking. they have no choice but to look, my car looks awesome!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 05-31-2001, 11:10 AM
John19688

SVX is a traffic distraction

Since I've owned my SVX there have been four incidents where people have almost had accidents because they were looking at my car instead of the road.

I wonder if you could be held liable for causing an accident?...

"But your honor, I hit the other car because I was so distracted by the SVX that I could not concentrate on the road. I feel Mr. Rowe should pay for the damages because he was causing such a distraction by driving that car."
Old 05-31-2001, 01:13 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I posted this on the Yahoo club, 9/21/99 (which means I'd had my car for about a month bought it 8/23/99). Cube may remember reading this (or Mr. Pockets, as the case may be). It was my first such "compliment."

"I had stopped into the local Franey's Food Mart for a cup of processed English Toffee cap . . . cappi . . . capu . . . hell, Italian Coffee and sitting in the parking spot next to my Baby was a rusted out 78 Fairmont. As I approached my car, the toothless lady with the blue bandana "do-rag" looking somewhat like a heroin addict, stuck her head out the window and yelled (though I was close enough to hear her in her normal tone), "I just HAVE to tell you . . . THAT is a nice-ass car." Being from Kentucky, I can appreciate the most upper crust of bourguois compliments. Nice-ass. It does roll "spritely" off the tongue."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-31-2001, 03:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
I posted this on the Yahoo club, 9/21/99 (which means I'd had my car for about a month bought it 8/23/99). Cube may remember reading this (or Mr. Pockets, as the case may be). It was my first such "compliment."
Man, that seems so long ago... I'm not even certain I read it the first time 'round. I picked up my SVX on 11 October, 1999. That wasn't TOO much later, but I don't think I actually found the car until about a week after you posted that. And I wasn't looking for one at the time, so I wouldn't have been a member of the club yet.

BTW, Randy, there's a pearly spoilerless SVX that I sometimes see parked in front of a business close to my house. I left a message on it a couple months ago, but that was before I 'switched' to this club. So I think I'll tag it with one of Jeff's new notes...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-31-2001, 08:04 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
New cards?

Were can I find these new cards to put on SVX's that I find?

This evening, I took Super Ru down to the local spray/wash and looking down the alley ...do my eyeballs deceive me?....nope a SVX with a Concord College sticker. I have no new cards to put on it!!!! If this car is really owned by someone here in Hinton, then that brings our little town's count up to 5 SVX's!!!! For a few moments this evening, 3 of them were within 50 feet of each other (our school's business manager has a green one parked at the Exxon next to the car wash)

I gotta get some cards!!! Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 05-31-2001, 11:46 PM
Jedi Member

I feel sad now. I've had my SVX for a while now and the only person to really stare at it was one of the other SVX owners in town. He probably was wondering why I was driving the car because there's another pearl white SVX in town. Maybe he thought I stole it. :-) You know how us punk teenagers can be.
'01 Legacy Outback, White,
Old 05-31-2001, 11:47 PM
sith

Cards are in Jscorse's personal locker:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/jscorse/214.pdf

I'll put a link to it in the links page.
Old 05-31-2001, 11:51 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Man, that seems so long ago... I'm not even certain I read it the first time 'round. I picked up my SVX on 11 October, 1999. That wasn't TOO much later, but I don't think I actually found the car until about a week after you posted that. And I wasn't looking for one at the time, so I wouldn't have been a member of the club yet.

BTW, Randy, there's a pearly spoilerless SVX that I sometimes see parked in front of a business close to my house. I left a message on it a couple months ago, but that was before I 'switched' to this club. So I think I'll tag it with one of Jeff's new notes...
It does seem like "forever ago" doesn't it. O'course, I wasn't looking for an SVX (or another car, for that matter) when I got mine. I actually made the deal on the 23rd of Aug, '99 but didn't pick up the car until the 25th, just 5 days before my 44th birthday. Best damned birthday present I ever bought myself.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-01-2001, 07:51 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Notes

<Cards are in Jscorse's personal locker>

Sith and Jscorse.....thanks muchly! Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 06-02-2001, 08:16 PM
CGLathrop

Is that your car?

Recently I filled up at one of the local stops that has a small cafe in it ($1.99 a gal for super). I go in to pay for the gas and as im writing the check the waitress comes up to me. "Is that your car?" she asks. "Why, yes... yes it is" I answer. She says" Two gentelmen over ther want to ask you about it" and points to a table with some men in there 50's sitting at it. I stroll over. The usuall questions, what kind of car, whats up with the windows. Then one I havent been asked yet ... "Do you want to sell it?" My answer.. "Heck no.. best damn car I have EVER driven." Then they ask.. "Where can we buy one?" I tell them .. on line of course and give them some web address' before I leave. And I left with a big smile..