Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2002, 03:46 PM
Lowered SVX

Good extended warranty companies??

Does anyone know of a good extended warranty company. I would really like an extended powertrain warranty on the SVX. The last one I looked at had all these ridiculous loopholes. Uncovered vs. covered parts......you pay until you know if it is covered.....you know just a bunch of crap.

Any information would be well appreciated.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-22-2002, 05:44 PM
gcookaustin

I just bought one from Extended Auto Warranty Corp. Got a 4 year, 48000 mi powertrain which is refundable if no claims are made. www.extendedautowarrantycorp.com I would recommend the complete coverage, it's only a hundred more and covers a whole lot more stuff. I would have gotten it but my car had a leak somewhere when they checked it out.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:24 PM
Green1995SVX

Wow, Garrett... I reviewed that program, and it seems very tempting! I may just have to do that.

-Mike

PS this is my KILOPOST! YAY!
Old 04-22-2002, 07:10 PM
gcookaustin

Yeah, the waiting period is a lot shorter than others too. Like I said, I was wanting to get the premium coverage or whatever but they called me back and said that because my SVX was a fleet vehicle that I would have to get it checked out, and that if it checked out okay and I got the warranty that they would pay for the inspection. So I got it inspected and replaced the cv axles on it and faxed them the receipt and so they did deduct the inspection from my first month's payment. In addition, they waived the waiting period. I would also recommend getting at least a 4 year so that you can get your money back if you don't have any claims. For some stupid reason I chose a $100 deductible when I could have gotten 0 deductible for only a hundred dollars more upfront, and would have received that money back if I had no claims

www.warrantywizard.com has the same plan, however:
> warranty wizard gives you a rental car for 5 days, not 4
> for warranty wizard their refund is for preferred plans only, and for terms of 60 months or greater
> warranty wizard is giving some kind of roundtrip airfare promotion right now
Old 04-23-2002, 06:32 AM
Lowered SVX

garrett

hey, thanks for the leads. really appreciate the research. i will check out both sites and let you know how it goes. i just want something reasonable with good coverage.

thanks.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-23-2002, 07:11 AM
UStifosi

Not to rain on the parade here but does anybody know how long these dot.com outfits have been in business? My luck, they will fold after they receive my payment. Would that dictate a full refund? I love the plans...just a bit skeptical. $800-$1,000 total for 4 years coverage does look tempting....as long as these guys are still in business in 4 years. What happens when you hit 100k miles? The coverage ends?
Old 04-23-2002, 07:58 AM
Lowered SVX

the warrantywizard company......

addresses that question in their frequently asked questions section. i feel pretty good about that one. i will call them and ask some additional questions. it is a bit pricey but for as often as my car is in the shop it may be worth it.
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-23-2002, 08:17 AM
gcookaustin

One thing I did notice is that the warrantywizard co. has been in business for a while, but I could not find them on the Better Business Bureau. Extended Auto has been registered with them for only more than a year I think, and had one resolved complaint. Both are insured by another company.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:04 PM
gcookaustin

I also called to see if I could upgrade my warranty from the powertrain to the full coverage warranty (only a $100 difference), and they said I could. So I think I'm going to do that too.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:23 PM

my extended warranty is through CARRS. it was 350 for 2 years. it covers the tranny, electrical, heating and cooling (AC), labor, towing and other things that i can't remember off the top of my head. it just doesn't cover wear and tear parts-brakes and rotors for instance. i got mine through the dealer when i bought the car. i had this warr with my second car and it was fine. you just have to call and have them come out and assess before labor begins. i don't know if they offer in other states, but i am in jersey. good luck in your research.

Kelli
Old 04-23-2002, 02:09 PM
UStifosi

Do they do some inspection approval at sign up? Seems to me you could show up with a pile of junk and really rack up some bills.
Old 04-23-2002, 04:09 PM
gcookaustin

For my warranty if you have a clean carfax then it's just a 15 day / 500 mi wait period.
Old 04-23-2002, 04:30 PM
Lowered SVX

Angry damn it......

they are probably going to deny me!! my insurance company had to total my car because they were not willing to pay to have an engine put in it. so of course it has a salvaged title, or at least it will. they will probably not cover me. i guess i will try anyway and see what happens.
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-23-2002, 05:35 PM
gcookaustin

Yeah, no salvage titles. However, if you go to http://www.autowarranties.com and request a quote, they have a warranty for salvage vehicles. Still sounds like a good deal; waiting period is 60 or 90 days and a thousand something miles. The only reason I didn't get it is because of the wait period and I bought an SVX with a clear title. There is some kind of fluid you have to put in the transmission (They send it to you), and also you have to have all the work (including oil changes) performed by ASE certified. They also have 50 dollars back if you purchase by 3:00 PM tomorrow (they sent me an e-Mail earlier).
Old 04-24-2002, 06:41 AM
Lowered SVX

thanks mr. cook.

you are the man in the know. i will give them a peak. i dont mind the waiting period. just want to get something to cover this damn gold mine.
"Too much fun to drive!"