SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-19-2003, 07:33 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
A good news, bad news day for the SVX

The first good news, I got my new tires (Yoko, Avid V4) on my new SVX (92 LS-L). The tires that were on when I bought it last weekend were awful; sitting in dirt for months, hardened and flat-spotted. Now I can drive over 10 mph without a crazy shimmy.

Of course now that my wheels are not making as much noise, I can really hear what I'm guessing is wheel bearings.

Oh yeah, when the mechanic was changing my tires he called me back to the spin balancer to show me how dented all four of my rims were... I haven't noticed much of a wobble with the new rubber, but I've only been up to around 80 mph.

Oh and I noticed that I have no reverse lights, I'll need to look into that.

While the car was up on the lift I did find the source of my brake fluid loss. The drivers/front brake hose was cut and then poorly repaired. Another project for the weekend.

I also noticed today some real funky shifting, I am going to do some searches to see whats happening.

And now for the best of the good news. This car is incredible!! I just went for a drive (after topping off the brake fluid). It is raining like a pissing horse around here tonight and this car was just going like mad. I was on a mildly twisty 4-lane and without realizing it, I was over 80 and hanging to the pavement like wallpaper.

So all in all a great day
Old 11-20-2003, 05:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Need rims?

I but after market rims on mine. Iwas trying to deside wiether or not to kep them. I figured I could use them for racing or something. I have them stored a my parents house in Delaware. The only ting wrong with them is some small corsion where the origion wheel weights were. They only have about 25,000 miles on them. I'd be willing to give them up.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:44 PM
MarXVS

Don't forget the other guys

It's a great feeling that one of almost invincibility when behind that leather SVX wheel. Just remember when on those wet and slippery roads that everyone else doesn't have the same control.

I was in a minor accident not even 1 week after getting my 92 because of that sense of stuck-to-the-roadedness. Not my fault but in a no-fault insurance zone it still would have been my dime. Although going fast and furious is a great sensation in the SVX I drive a lot more cautiously now that I can barely afford the repair bills.

Do have fun on the dryer roads though.

I just had my power steering leak fixed too, and it cost me a bundle for all new hoses and rack - the upside? It'll probably never need to be done again as long as I own it.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
wallpaper?

I never had much luck getting wallpaper to stick to the wall. It stuck pretty good to everything else, just not the wall.