Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-19-2003, 10:00 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak

Really? Damn Mike why didn't you warn us about that, um, before we left after dinner? Unless Penn. highways are considered controlled enviroments.
Yea, why didn't ya Mike.. Ya know me and Freak here were tearing down the highway trying to find everyone!!!! How fast did we get up to Freak??? I know I have a picture of the Miata's gauges in my locker but I think that at one point I hit 130 and was pulling 6500rpm in 6th gear.... I remember you just blew by me like I was still a few times too...

Sorry mike, I'll shut up now...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-19-2003, 10:04 AM
RRX

Re: not doubting you....but

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

I was also pretty "lucky" till I was 20 or 21, in Az you can
get your license at 16 roughly. I messed around and got
lucky for a few yrs, and then in my 20s **** went downhill
from there for a few yrs till I got the message.
I have learned my lesson as well. I used to have a serious lead foot. My license has been suspended about 3 times. The latest incident was for 2 years 7 months. I got my license back in Dec and dont plan on losing it again. You just wind up wasting all your money on tickets....ect. I admit, I still cant resist a little stop light fun though.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:20 AM

Sorry that I can control myself when tempted to drive like an ass. Thats my fault.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 06-19-2003, 01:50 PM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
I would like to openly state that I am in fact, a responsible teen. I have had my license for about 2 years...no accidents, no tickets. I'm not saying I will never have either of these but I am just stating that we are out there. Even if there are little numbers. Insurance stats by far outweigh this though. Oh well.

-Pete
I've also had my license for two years, nothing beyond a fix-it ticket for tinted windows :-)
I've never done something as reckless as driving 130+ on public roads as many of you "responsible adults" have bragged about time and again. The teen racer stereotype may be true but it is not universal. I've owned my car for over a year now and spent a year before that researching it... this was not an impulse buy because I wanted a car that "looked fast".
Old 06-19-2003, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I've also had my license for two years, nothing beyond a fix-it ticket for tinted windows :-)
I've never done something as reckless as driving 130+ on public roads as many of you "responsible adults" have bragged about time and again. The teen racer stereotype may be true but it is not universal. I've owned my car for over a year now and spent a year before that researching it... this was not an impulse buy because I wanted a car that "looked fast".
Preach on brotha!

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport

Last edited by petesvx2; 06-19-2003 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
I've had my license for almost a year, researched the car about a year before i bought it in september 2002. I drive carefully... considering i've put $6500 plus of my own money into this car, i pay for insurance (so if it goes up i'm screwed), i pay for gas, i pay for license, registration, parking stickers, EVERYTHING... I don't know how you determine a "responsible" teenage driver, but i consider myself very respsonsible about drivng and such. not that i don't punch it at stop lights occasionally, but i leave lots of space around me, and am quite defensive in the way i drive. Maybe insurance stats don't lie... but # of SVXi sold doesn't lie either... the type of person that buys this car are different ages, genders, and races. but we are all smart people... i'd like to see the average IQ of an SVX owner vs ANY other single car.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 06-20-2003, 11:16 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
I've had my license for almost a year, researched the car about a year before i bought it in september 2002. I drive carefully... considering i've put $6500 plus of my own money into this car, i pay for insurance (so if it goes up i'm screwed), i pay for gas, i pay for license, registration, parking stickers, EVERYTHING... I don't know how you determine a "responsible" teenage driver, but i consider myself very respsonsible about drivng and such. not that i don't punch it at stop lights occasionally, but i leave lots of space around me, and am quite defensive in the way i drive. Maybe insurance stats don't lie... but # of SVXi sold doesn't lie either... the type of person that buys this car are different ages, genders, and races. but we are all smart people... i'd like to see the average IQ of an SVX owner vs ANY other single car.

Yikes.... Better be careful... I'm afraid of hearing too many IQ scores around here... I think mine is about the same as my shoe size sometimes.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 06-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

Yikes.... Better be careful... I'm afraid of hearing too many IQ scores around here... I think mine is about the same as my shoe size sometimes.
You wear size 160 shoes???

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 06-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Yea, why didn't ya Mike.. Ya know me and Freak here were tearing down the highway trying to find everyone!!!! How fast did we get up to Freak??? I know I have a picture of the Miata's gauges in my locker but I think that at one point I hit 130 and was pulling 6500rpm in 6th gear.... I remember you just blew by me like I was still a few times too...

Sorry mike, I'll shut up now...

I passed you at 140mph once.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-21-2003, 07:48 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak

I passed you at 140mph once.
we're not really helping to end this thread Freak!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...