SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-05-2001, 01:54 PM
Headed to Texas...

Re: i bet the modded.....

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
oh, by the way i love getting you older guys all worked up....you specifically randy!!
Yeah, us "oldsters" can sure git all worked up over the silliest things! Why yew kin just mention the word "YELLER" to Randy and he'll get all bug-eyed 'n' red-faced 'n' start the howling like a banshee, wouldn't be surprised if he pops a tater one of these days . . .

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 07-06-2001, 08:32 AM
picklesbitch

Re: mat.....having a moment.....

<<come on you older guys (excluding aredub), if guys back in the 50's had your attitude there would have been no street rods or even racing for that matter. the whole point is to take a car you really like and make it better or faster. >>

What do you have against older guys? Making a generalization like that is akin to prejudice. Do you other preconceived notions you want to get off your chest? This "older guy" is in the process of gathering the parts to assemble a 426(or larger, I haven't decided yet) Hemi to put in a 68 Dart. Your statement is as distasteful to me as someone saying I can't do with my stuff what I want to, whether it's the government, or some individual. It's fine to share your opinion, but that don't make it a fact. So don't take potshots at "older guys" just because you have an opinion about us, and let those that want a stock car have a stock car. And while I am at it, both sides of this pithy pithing contest are doing a good job of pithing the other side off. How would fuzzy dice look in an SVX, with a coon skin tail on the antenna, and flourescent lights underneath? Oh, and don't forget the naked lady air freshener. Now them are car mods everyone should have!
Old 07-06-2001, 02:09 PM
Lowered SVX

i am 25 pickles.....

most of the guys on this board are older than me. i didnt mean to call you a geezer and hell even if your are then we have something in common, the svx. which by all rights should make us friends. i was poking fun at eddycat and randy if you would like me to be more specific next time. eddycat because he reminds me of my stepdad (i like my stepdad eddy) and randy because we just have that kind of relationship....so what is your problem really? i like everyone and especially muscle cars so congrats with your project. did just feel like taking frustrations out on someone?? because if you knew me, and randy does, you would know that i am not one to make generaliztions or take shots, except in humor.....

oh, and i have never, ever suggested anyone mod their car. in fact i have defended my choices by saying they suit my own personal perceptions of perfection....so where is all this hostility coming from???
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-08-2001, 09:58 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Damn premium gas

Well ,I used premium gas on the way to MI and it made my driver's side rear wheel bearing go bad Not really, but i did have a bearing go out in Indy. That was a pain. So, got it fixed, and it's running well now. Aight....last week was a long week, and I probably pissed some people off last week, but now I'm all calm. So, thanks for the suggestions...all of em. I don't mind hearing stuff I know if I asked you to tell me.
Mat-1
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 07-08-2001, 10:42 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Man, did there seem to be a rash of "male PMS" last week, or what? The air around here got kinda "heavy." I'm glad to see everyone beginning to calm down and trying to get along. The reason being, my car goes into the body shop to get the fender fixed on Monday. I'll be without my car for 3-4 days, so, I'll probably be "pissy" enough for all of us. Just kidding . . . . I think.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-08-2001, 08:22 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
PMS

<I'm glad to see everyone beginning to calm down and trying to get along.>

"I'm O.K. boys....just one of my seizures!" Mike Fink Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 07-08-2001, 08:49 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
I'll be without my car for 3-4 days, so, I'll probably be "pissy" enough for all of us. Just kidding . . . . I think.

My turn for PMS is over. Not sure about Leo though. It's your's and sith's turn to be pissed this week. I should have a signup sheet up for the week after j/k

lwin

ps. while they are at it fixing the fender and repainting... can i suggest a banana yellow for the colour? I heard that if you have bright colours, the chances of your car getting hit gets lower since people can see it from further away... you can have a bumble bee coloured SVX
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-08-2001, 10:03 PM
picklesbitch

Re: i am 25 pickles.....

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
one to make generaliztions or take shots, except in humor.....

....so where is all this hostility coming from???
Sarcasm, I'm not really hostile, Sometimes I rebut that way to make a point, or to show someone how something they say may cause someone to react. And sometimes, my flame thrower gets in the way of polite rebuttals to comments that maybe inflammatory.
Mike
Old 07-09-2001, 11:30 AM
Lowered SVX

that is cool.....

sometimes owning a svx just makes you irritable. i am glad we are all getting along again. last week i was just taking everything seriously. work is hell......svx is in the shop.....you get the picture. take it easy guys.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"