Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-16-2002, 02:53 PM

Re: Whoa, back up Hoss!

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
I wasn't picking on you or anyone else in particular, I was replying to Phil's comment/query regarding the differences in maintenance on either side of the pond.
I thought you might not have beed. My apologies for that.
Quote:
Ineither care if anyone's finances are earned or provided. I really don't care what anyone does with their money, I've enough problems of my own.
Lol. I know you don't. I just wanted to explain to you and other's here that were not all idiots for owning cars we can't necessarily afford.
Quote:
However I do see, first-hand, the results of people that have nothing but problems caused by their own negligence. It's my job, it's what I do. The people are the ones that suffer the consequences, not me. All I have to put up with is bad-mouthing from a lot of people that know more about cars than I do, yet they have to bring them to me to be repaired. As far as I'm concerned that alone is worth $20/hour additional labor (I wish... ) I'm beginning to believe we're becoming a society of professional victims. Nothing is ever my fault, I did nothing to deserve this, somebody screwed me over, blah, blah, blah blah blah.
I can sympathize with you there. People on both sides are loudmouthed in general when dealing with others.
Quote:
In regards to you deferring repairs to a late date - fine, you know what you need to do more than anyone else does, I hope. As long as you realize the consequences and are willing to risk them. From my observations most have that very outlook in the beginning, but then they allow too much time and too many items needing attention to build into something they'll never be able to afford and then the car ends up on the heap.
Good point, although don't you generally spend the same in the long run?
Quote:
I certainly hope you have a wonderful and successful career. I hope that you are able to accomplish everything you set out to do. Just remember, I never singled anyone out here, you did that to yourself. [/B]
Yes I did, I just thought since it was in the same thread and you referred to members here. Sorry about that. I'm an idiot and need to think about what I'm going to say before I post.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 12-16-2002 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:14 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
No problemo. Sometimes I amaze myself by how much I can say with both feet in my mouth.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:17 PM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe
Talking LOL!

This is Funny!

I just think it's funny how my originally honest and polling question of "When Should I tune up my Car" turns into a long discussion of European Vehicles, OTR Trucks, and an Amsoil Advertisement!

Wow!

But I would like to thank the few who did pertain their relpy to my original question, because it has helped me make plans and figure how broke I'll be afterwards. Thanks again!
-SVXJoe