How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-10-2002, 09:01 PM
EL PAALO

Wheel Database with PICS

We don't sell anything! Wanted to let everyone know about the new wheel site. It's a free database with pics and specs.

WWW.WHEELSPECS.COM

We've been working on this for 6+ months and continue working everyday uploading specs, models, brands, and images. We openly invite specific questions in the forums, but please don't swamp us with "what is this wheel" questions since it'll probably be in the database soon enough. We ask that "what fits my car" questions be delayed until we've got the RIDES section up and running also.

We already have a ton of data on newer wheels, but we definitely need help getting pics and specs for the older and/or discontinued wheels, so if you have something like that - POST IT IN THE FORUMS with pics and specs, please.
www.wheelspecs.com/forums

The "RIDES" section is in the works which should clear up fitment questions. This will be a great place to show everyone your car and should eliminate the need for personal car pages with those pesky pop-ups. Unlike the "showy" sites, we'll be glad to have anyone and everyone upload their pics and info. Hopefully, the RIDES section should be ready within a couple weeks.

A search is already setup to show ebay auctions for the wheel model you're viewing. We'll be adding a classifieds section soon too so finding used wheels that fit won't be so hard.

Hopefully this site will eliminate the tired forum questions:
"What is this wheel?"
"What fits my car?"

The site development time and cost has all been out of pocket so we welcome advertisers.

We hope you enjoy using the site.
Zero popups!

Created by: Jason and Paalo (Well, mainly Jason because Paalo is a lazy beotch.)
Contributions from: Sean, Chris, Jay, Nate, Krendi, Gamble, Rick, and Brooks
Old 07-10-2002, 09:08 PM
EL PAALO

Any Texas folks here? I looked in the regional section, but I only noticed one in the DFW area. If there are any central texas people on the board, let me know. You could come to one of the hill country drives that the Austin MR2 club has almost monthly. You guys are too rare to hide. Come out and play with us, since ya'll are too few and far between.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:46 AM
EL PAALO

Not one Central Texas SVX owner is on this board? That should be a crime! I know there are a few around the area. Next time I see one, I'll chase them down and make them register here.
Old 07-11-2002, 05:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Hey, and if you catch them and find they aren't interested in the club (because they don't appreciate their car enough)... you can buy it off of them. Then you could become a "true" part of the club.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 07-12-2002, 08:49 AM
Lowered SVX

pretty cool site.

i went ahead and registered. i am anxious to see the classifieds section. i want to get some wheels for my wife's VW GTI 1.8L T. really nice site. i will have to spend some time browsing to check everything out. Good job guys.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-12-2002, 09:31 PM
EL PAALO

Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8
Hey, and if you catch them and find they aren't interested in the club (because they don't appreciate their car enough)... you can buy it off of them. Then you could become a "true" part of the club.
If I could sell my "spare" vehicles, I just might do that. I've considering purchasing an SVX on more than one occasion.

EDIT: I would at least have to smack them if they declined joining you.

Last edited by EL PAALO; 07-12-2002 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:33 PM
EL PAALO

RIDES section volunteers needed. Show your car to the world.
Click here for information.

This section will matter more for ya'll than most. Most people don't even know about your car, so how can they appreciate it. Yes, they are uneducated if they don't know that the SVX exists. Make them appreciate it.

Old 07-15-2002, 12:45 PM
Kamaleon

Talking in Houston

Hey PAALO, i live in Houston, TX and i have a green 92 LS-L.

I have seen an other SVX in the galeria but dont know who it is..
Old 07-16-2002, 12:04 AM
EL PAALO

That's just sick that in a town as HUGE as H-town, you've only seen one other.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:04 PM
EL PAALO

Are there even any Texas meets?
Old 08-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Kamaleon

Question

i havent seen any yet.
Old 08-17-2002, 01:59 AM
EL PAALO

That's too bad. It seems to me that the more rare a car is, the more owner loyalty there should be. I will chase down any I see and at least let them know about this site.