Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 10:32 PM
srmifer

O/T--2003 Hyundai Tiburon

Have any of you seen the specs on this thing? Seems like it packs quite the little punch in the GT model. 181 hp V6...not bad for a little bugger. Has anyone around here driven one or seen performance specs for this car? Seems like she'd make a nice car for when the SVX has decided not to work...more o/t--what's the aftermarket/mod aspect of this car, if any? Sorry this is so off topic...especially considering this is a SVX board, but people around here seem to be quite knowledgable about other cars, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm headin to bed tho...'night all
Old 08-04-2002, 06:18 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Question

Hey Chris - Is it possible to get a smilie added in for "biting my tongue"
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:28 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

I dig it

.....should be a big hit this fall!

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 08-04-2002, 09:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Paisan Send a message via Yahoo to Paisan
I liked the looks and specs up til I saw one swerving during traffic. Some kid was tryingt o showoff by making hard turns at 5-10mph. Well the body roll on that suckers is un-real!

-mike
Old 08-05-2002, 07:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
my .02 i dont like them hyunday always seem to screw up on sports cars. too much plastis FWD and always way behind in engine power. but on the other hand good bang for the buck and 10 year waranty cant beat that also . =>

the 350z are ging to be hot rides and the mitsu evo7s wich i would love to own.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: O/T--2003 Hyundai Tiburon

Quote:
Originally posted by srmifer
Have any of you seen the specs on this thing? Seems like it packs quite the little punch in the GT model. 181 hp V6...not bad for a little bugger. Has anyone around here driven one or seen performance specs for this car? Seems like she'd make a nice car for when the SVX has decided not to work...more o/t--what's the aftermarket/mod aspect of this car, if any? Sorry this is so off topic...especially considering this is a SVX board, but people around here seem to be quite knowledgable about other cars, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm headin to bed tho...'night all
I really like the styling changes. Well, as I understand it, it's a whole new car anyway. But I still like the way it looks. My concern would be the legendary Hyundai quality.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 08-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Lowered SVX

i bet the quality is good.

hyuandai has come a long way on quality. i really like the car a lot. who cars if it has body roll. hell i would lower it a little and put some aftermarket struts on anyway.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 08-05-2002, 09:17 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Still a good deal?

Last Tib. that sold at auction had 6 cyl eng and 7k. Any guesses what this would go for? Prob sold for around 20k new.

Answer: 11k. Talk about a hit! I'd sure hope you plan on keeping it for 10 years to make it worthwhile otherwise your screwed. Keep in mind it already looks dated so what's it gonna look like in 10 years?
Old 08-05-2002, 11:50 PM
sith

reflections

This thread got me curious, so I cruised out to the hyundai dealer tonight and took a look at the new tiburons.

Nice car. I'm curious enough to test drive one (just for fun) .. I'm sure with the 2.7L V6 and the 6speed it's fun to drive. Suspension setup (macphersons all around with front and rear anti-roll bars) sounds pretty good.

But then I got to comparing it with the SVX. Which I realized is a bad idea. If I pay $20,000 for a decked out tiburon, I'm buying a $20,000 car. I payed $6000 for an SVX and got a $30,000 car. The SVX has spoiled me! I want a quiet highway cruiser, I want climate control, I want <fill in the blank>...

But most of all looks. I like the tiburon styling. It's basically a Ferrari 456 scaled back a bit. But, the styling doesn't strike me as something that I'll look at in 10 years and go "Wow, that's a beautiful car." I still look at my svx and say "Wow, what a pretty car." And I think in another 10 years, I'll still look at the SVX in the same way. It's timeless beauty. For me, I'd rather get a WRX and have no preconcieved notions of having a pretty car...

All of that said, I think I'll still see about a test drive tomorrow. The perks of being unemployed...
Old 08-06-2002, 12:36 AM
srmifer

sith...

we ought to meet up someday. i'm in roch...and with the way i drive, i can be in the cities in under an hour sometimes. plus, i'll be up at the U this fall...i dunno how many ppl with svxes live around the cities area, but we should get a little mini meet thing going sometime.......just an idea
Old 08-06-2002, 01:01 AM
sith

That'd be cool. I'm in wisconsin right now, but I'll be back in the cities in another two weeks or so. Drop me a PM when you get to the U (or email, mcfa0086@tc.umn.edu) and we can chill.

BTW, White Bear Subaru is primo-fantastic for SVX service. Sales guys are jerks though...
Old 08-07-2002, 08:30 AM
Lowered SVX

i like the tiburons styling.....

it is muscular and aggressive without being cheesy. anyone interested in getting a car with good performance, aggressive looks, and a great warranty should pick the car up. plus as an upside it has good mod potential. upgraded suspension and exhaust and you have a nice GT.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"