SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2006, 07:42 AM
awdity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
LOL yeah we'll have to do that sometime. I just got mine out of the shop. havent even had the car long enough to switch my new personalized plates on yet lol. Ah well, I like the Fire Dept plates on it too.

Theres a black one on park? *gets in car and drives around* lol

Richmond drivers driving normally? Yeah uh... sure We have crazy people but everyone drives the same cars. Either civics or jettas or a cheap bimmer or benz. I get asked about my SVX at almost every gas station.

Oh and dont ever go to the McDonalds At Broad and Boulevard by the childrens museum... They are the worst ever and one of the employees was actually caught trying to get into my car. So avoid it lol

The only McDonald's I go to is off of Huguenot and looks like a house. Everything is always fresh and hot. If I saw someone trying to get in my car they'd get a rock to the head.

Richmond drivers are horrible in any kind of precipitation. If it's raining, you'd think you were about to see Noah walking around carrying some lumber because of the "flood". If it's snowing everyone with a giant rwd lexus luxury sedan thinks it's a great time to go grocery shopping and gets stuck, and hail might as well be alien battleships come to destroy the world with everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Uhh..../thread hijack.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Quote:
The only McDonald's I go to is off of Huguenot and looks like a house. Everything is always fresh and hot. If I saw someone trying to get in my car they'd get a rock to the head.
he got arrested by Richmonds Finest Po-Po's Id have killed him if Id seen it happen.

Quote:
Richmond drivers are horrible in any kind of precipitation. If it's raining, you'd think you were about to see Noah walking around carrying some lumber because of the "flood". If it's snowing everyone with a giant rwd lexus luxury sedan thinks it's a great time to go grocery shopping and gets stuck, and hail might as well be alien battleships come to destroy the world with everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
omfg... I think thats about the funniest thing ive read in a while lol alien battleships.... muahahahahaha Noah? muahahahahaha
Old 01-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
My son passed his Florida drivers test yesterday , using the '94 Emerald Pearl. The instructor asked if it was allright if he could open and close the windows. On the 3 point turn and reversing part of the test he commented that it has great visability. In the end he said take good care of this car, it's a real collector's item.
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 01-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdity
You should tint the bottom half and use the top half as a peephole.

Usually the only comment I get about the windows is "I don't think I like that." All I can say is "well, that's why it's my car and not yours."

Now if I had a nickel for every time my car was mistaken for another car, I'd be a millionaire. So far I've heard delorean, prelude, eclipse, and (ack!) saturn.
ouchy, that saturn part makes my head hurt... I get quite a bit of looks about the windows too. I think tinting the taop part darker would be cool, it would like a transition thing. it would be cool. I have yet to have anyone hit timeselves on the window, but my GF keeps getting her hair caught in the door as she closes it. lol
Old 01-25-2006, 06:31 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

Either she has some long hair or her hair style resembles that of Marge Simpson. LOL. Welcome to the site, plenty of knowledge here and the best part, it's all free!!!1!

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 01-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Ya can't fix stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3
My son passed his Florida drivers test yesterday , using the '94 Emerald Pearl. The instructor asked if it was allright if he could open and close the windows. On the 3 point turn and reversing part of the test he commented that it has great visability. In the end he said take good care of this car, it's a real collector's item.

Congrats to your son.......I think.

I was hoping the appearance of the black in the driveway Saturday would motivate my daughter to start reading her driver's book......well it motivated her.....she washed it.

I had to go on an errand today and she asked if I was taking the Yellow, and I said no. Then she asked if we could take her car....and I said no.

Her reply was "Is it just gonna sit in the driveway and collect dust?"

Pardon?

I laughed at that one.

Maybe she'll crack her book this weekend....after all, she's 19 and old enough to drive.

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony

1992 SVX LSL Silver - parts
Old 01-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Quote:
but my GF keeps getting her hair caught in the door as she closes it. lol
Today 07:22 AM
....happens to me too....
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 01-26-2006, 02:13 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
....happens to me too....
I thought you had no hair (jk)
Old 01-26-2006, 08:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to djsiva
mistaken identity

To add to the list, my g/f says mine looks like an older model Probe. UGH!!!

Nate