SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
O/T: Vacation time rant (LONG)

Tell me, is it wrong of me to want to make it to an SVX meet??? For the last few years, I've been an active proponent of the SVX... and the SVX club... and always wanted to attend a meet but never made it due to other things coming up (mostly work related)

Now, this Midwest meet comes up over a month ago... I check my schedule... I know I can make it... hell I even have a relatively new car I can drive up there in (unless it's being repainted that weekend... ANOTHER long story that I won't rant about today). While not an SVX, I've already gotten the feeling I'll be welcomed.

I go ahead and schedule the time off... I schedule off Thursday through Monday to give me a nice relaxed long weekend away; no-one has a problem with it, even the CEO who wishes me a "great time up there."

Flash forward to this week... my problems with my job are reaching somewhat of a crescendo in the last couple of weeks... and the CEO's making bad decisions across the board I don't agree with. Being part owner of the company myself you would think he would listen to me... but the guy's just ignoring me. I start looking around.

Flash forward to YESTERDAY... the CEO advises EVERYONE in the company that there are two MANDATORY COMPANY MEETINGS; one next Friday and the other on Monday the 30th. HALF OF MY F***ING VACATION. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. I talk to him, he tells me that I have to be there for both meetings or not come in.

SOOO... we come to today. By a stroke of luck, last night there were two emails in my inbox at home from resumes I've been throwing out lately (some might say canvassing... myself I call it self-preservation). This afternoon I have an interview for a job I'm supremely qualified for... pays only slightly less than I'm getting now... and hopefully will go well.

So the reason for this rant? Well... to explain why I still might not make the Midwest meet either. If I get another offer by the middle of next week, I'll just not turn up for the meetings and tell them all to get bent. Great... don't have to give two weeks then. Otherwise, I have to stick this out because it's at least paying the mortgage.

<sigh> Sorry for the rant... thanks for reading this far! Any suggestions from the peanut gallery as to what else I can do in this situation. I hate being in this situation.

And before you ask... yes... the situation at work is bad enough that I would happily sign over my ownership to the CEO in an instant just to get the hell away from here. At least that's how I feel after the last couple of weeks.

This is going to be interesting to watch from a distance... unfortunately I'm gonna be right in the middle
Old 06-20-2003, 01:42 PM
JLittell

Prioritize!!
Old 06-20-2003, 11:39 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Re: O/T: Vacation time rant (LONG)

<sigh> Sorry for the rant... thanks for reading this far! Any suggestions from the peanut gallery as to what else I can do in this situation.

Obvious... Road trip AND toga party!

Best wishes.

Ron (you don' need no steenkin' job, man).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:30 AM
JLittell

Retire?
Old 06-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
<grin> Glad to see this place is as helpful as ever