Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Blizzards and the inevitable

Well I woke up to see a lot of white fluffy stuff flying by my windows this morning. Throughout the day the snow became more and more horizontal. On my 10 minute drive to work I saw 2 accidents.

The first one was a car getting t-boned. I just missed it and met the ambulance shortly after as I now had to make a detour to get to work. I heard from coworkers that the door of that car was pushed in about even with the steering wheel.

The second was more of a single car accident. I was coming up to a red light and stopping on a sheet of ice that went on for about 2-300 yards before the intersection (ABS going crazy under my foot). Immediately after I come to a stop I hear this "BANG". Turns out this car was going to turn right at the same intersection. He was going way too fast and to his surprize he found out that you can't turn very well on ice. Thankfully all he hit was the curb and not another car.

Now I will admit that I will drive too fast on ice on occasion. However, there are never any cars around and it's not excessively fast. Kinda like me playing with my Justy.

For me I find this helps me learn the abilities of my car in a "controlled" fashion instead of learning the hard way. I only wish other people would test the conditions when it is safe instead of in an emergency.

On a side note, after finally rotating my tires on my SVX I have noticed that it is easier to kick the back-end out when coming out of a corner and driving down the street sideways. I think I made it about half way to the next street before eventually straightening out.

My ride home will not be as fun as all the streets will be full of salt. I can't even wash my car right now as the temperatures are too low, I don't have a garage and I can't have my doorlocks ice up unexpectedly either overnight or while I'm at work.

Eventually the dash for the Justy will be in and I will go back to driving that instead of risking anything happening to the SVX on days like today.

I wish a safe and smart drive to anyone on the streets today here and everywhere.