How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-11-2017, 03:08 PM

Heated electric swivel side mirrors

Hi guys,
just looking at the possiblity of retro-fitting electric heated wing mirrors.
In New Zealand we only got electric (glass only moving, with manual push body type) and I would like to go the whole way and fit what some others got.

I have got the following -

mirrors, just have to swap over outer colours.
mirror timer, but no mating connector - so I have reverse engineered the circuit.
thermistor controller, don't think I can get into this unit, hence need more info.
Mirror heated switch
In/Out position switch (similar to normal mirror adjustable switch) - but extra fuction.

What I need is a circuit diagram from a CXW version of the car (unsure if this is an S3/S4) showing connector pin numbers and locations etc

Now I presume that the timer/thermistor unit fits under the glove-box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kirabo831-img600x450-1481202863euwmpf1872.jpg (24.2 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg kirabo831-img600x450-1481202863ibtw1s1872.jpg (28.3 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg kirabo831-img600x450-1481202863snmefs1872.jpg (43.1 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 1479452218564.jpg (49.4 KB, 183 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SVX Timer-Mirror.pdf (28.7 KB, 184 views)
1995 LSI, Added the following - Gear Firm-Up unit (that I sell) together with Power TCU ROM & Power switch, K&N air filter, SVX side badges (USA type), Rear Deck Blower (JDM type), Side front markers (USA type), Side rear markers (USA type), Middle rear light (USA type), USA OEM Fog Lights fitted into NZ OEM glass (NZ OEM headlights had only reflectors fitted) Full set of yellow (90SH) Polish bushes includes 15 min mod, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted/gold finish rotors & Red covered braided brake lines (both from Dayle at Motorsport warehouse), EBC Redstuff brake pads. Full SVX bra (only used for shows). Koni adjustable inserts fitted inside OEM strut body, Zoom lowering springs (2" lower), OEM headlight washers fitted.

Last edited by SURTEESS; 05-11-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:06 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Re: Heated electric swivel side mirrors

If you are not determined to make it factory, there is a mirror power folding circuit on you tube. Works automatically when turning the car on or off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Q02pww3kw (this is the one we used).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GygSmBjZsD8 (this is interesting).
Old 05-12-2017, 05:18 PM

I know how to wire-up for folding option, what I require is the info for the heated option, I presume it goes to the thermister circuit block ? but how to connect it up?.
1995 LSI, Added the following - Gear Firm-Up unit (that I sell) together with Power TCU ROM & Power switch, K&N air filter, SVX side badges (USA type), Rear Deck Blower (JDM type), Side front markers (USA type), Side rear markers (USA type), Middle rear light (USA type), USA OEM Fog Lights fitted into NZ OEM glass (NZ OEM headlights had only reflectors fitted) Full set of yellow (90SH) Polish bushes includes 15 min mod, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted/gold finish rotors & Red covered braided brake lines (both from Dayle at Motorsport warehouse), EBC Redstuff brake pads. Full SVX bra (only used for shows). Koni adjustable inserts fitted inside OEM strut body, Zoom lowering springs (2" lower), OEM headlight washers fitted.

Last edited by SURTEESS; 05-18-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Opps sorry.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:31 PM

ALSO
I would like to swap the glass out on one of the mirrors (it has slight salt/water damage) - does anyone know how to remove the glass from the swivel (U/D/L/R) joint ?.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:17 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURTEESS View Post
ALSO
I would like to swap the glass out on one of the mirrors (it has slight salt/water damage) - does anyone know how to remove the glass from the swivel (U/D/L/R) joint ?.
I followed the steps in this thread to replace my stock mirrors with the blue tinted convex ones. Not sure how much they will help you as they are for a newer Legacy, but it may be good base reading material

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthre...or-195813.html