Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2006, 11:42 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
He puked!

that was awesome.

Guess, a car or a driver can make people puked is good.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 06-30-2006, 11:46 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i guess folks needed visual proof.

from the specs, i could tell it would be a monster. not the prettiest thing in the world, but its not really trying to win any beauty contests i guess.

Video is easier

Guess I don't like it that much now. After I just see your thread link's pictures of the interior and exterior and engine. The interior looks not much better than an Impreza STi......

That car does look cool when it's in motion. And, I definitely like its performance.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:01 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
There are rumors on NASIOC that the 2009 STi will be based off of this design... I think that is kinda interesting...
If thts true, I will start saving from now and maybe that will be my first 'new' car. I am trying to think how my subbie and alfisitti will be by then

-Pavan
Old 07-01-2006, 06:18 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
WOW. The anti-lag can be seen as a fireball out of the exhaust!!

The ACCD is not far off from the DCCD currently in the Sti's. Only thing is, it factors in engine load, throttle weight, brakes, lateral g's, steering angles..... Holy crap maybe it isn't like the DCCD Anyway very impressive car, I would never want one though, that much technology inside a car like that means........ One big **** storm of electrical issues

Tom
Old 07-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Talking

The car is very hott!
I want flaming farts to come out of my exhaust! How would I do that?
Very cool!
I don''t know about the squaril thing though, the local squrials and I have a deal, live in my neighbors car and I won''t hit them.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX

The ACCD is not far off from the DCCD currently in the Sti's. Only thing is, it factors in engine load, throttle weight, brakes, lateral g's, steering angles..... Holy crap maybe it isn't like the DCCD Anyway very impressive car, I would never want one though, that much technology inside a car like that means........ One big **** storm of electrical issues

Tom
I'm not very familiar with the DCCD, but the best I understood they just tweaked it and is now controlled by a new ECU utilizing the mentioned sensors. Not sure how much the dccd trannies can distribute, but someone with enough time on their hands could throw together a similar system without loads of high tech electronics about.

I love the wastegate noise... antilag, that is a cooler term for it. Never heard it called antilag before.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix

I love the wastegate noise... antilag, that is a cooler term for it. Never heard it called antilag before.
antilag is not the blowoff valve noise you hear, it is a process that keeps the turbo spinning off throttle, so its always spooled up. a quick explanation:

"A typical antilag system works when the throttle is closed, which is what happens when you take your foot off the accelerator pedal. An antilag system introduces some unburnt petrol into the exhaust manifold. The heat of the manifold causes the unburnt petrol to combust, and the exhaust gas produced by this combustion keeps the turbine spinning, preventing the blades from slowing down - effectively reducing or eliminating turbo lag."

there are rumors that future production Subarus will have some sort of antilag system. that would be cool.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Last edited by Landshark; 07-03-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:38 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
antilag is not the blowoff valve noise you hear, it is a process that keeps the turbo spinning off throttle, so its always spooled up. a quick explanation:

"A typical antilag system works when the throttle is closed, which is what happens when you take your foot off the accelerator pedal. An antilag system introduces some unburnt petrol into the exhaust manifold. The heat of the manifold causes the unburnt petrol to combust, and the exhaust gas produced by this combustion keeps the turbine spinning, preventing the blades from slowing down - effectively reducing or eliminating turbo lag."

there are rumors that future production Subarus will have some sort of antilag system. that would be cool.
That's exactly right. I've been to Goodwood when they race the old turbo formula one cars. When they brake for the corners, the engine rapidly backfires like a machine gun. Noisy as hell.

I've heard that antilag can seriously reduce the lifespan of the turbocharger.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 07-03-2006, 03:22 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:

Tom
Anyone's SVX has fireballs out of the exhausts here? My friend's Saturn, a lot of times you can see the fireballs from tailpipe as he pushed hard. He kept upgrading and getting more psi, maybe in his Stage 4 or 5 now...

Can your SVX be activated with DCCD, you have only two differentials? Does STi have two or three differentials? What is better to have the third differentials?

Old 07-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
Can your SVX be activated with DCCD, you have only two differentials? Does STi have two or three differentials? What is better to have the third differentials?
There are three diffs. Some sti 6 speeds have DCCD. With DCCD the center one (in rear of tranny) is where the magic is. Transfering power to the the rear diff, electronic controlled in the case of DCCD so the driver can adjust the torque split.

Quote:
antilag is not the blowoff valve noise you hear

It has been a while, but the behavior of P2's WG sounds pretty similar as I recall. And I said wastegate there could be a blowoff valve, but if it is there I couldn't hear it.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix

It has been a while, but the behavior of P2's WG sounds pretty similar as I recall. And I said wastegate there could be a blowoff valve, but if it is there I couldn't hear it.
maybe it was the wastegate - i didn't have my volume up real loud when i listened to it because it was late. i was assuming the "squirrel sound" he described was like the HKS sequential BOV sound. my friend used to have an old Lotus Esprit Turbo, and the wastegate noise was pretty cool.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I didn't know they brought the rally engine design into production. Not sure how much the US emition laws are going to like the anit-lag system. I knew that rally races have this setup so it is constant power on demand but like it as been said, turbo don't last as long under these conditions. Anyway it is good to hear it is comming to the street.

No, I do not want to activate my DCCD controlled because I don't have one. DCCD controllers are very hard to get wired and I have been told that if my car never had DCCD built into it in another model(year and wiring mess) it is next to fruitless because it is not worth the hassle. There are aftermarket controllers on EBay and crap for reasonable prices but they lack many of the essential controls that comes from the factory, one being the "automatic mode" or the street setting which allows the center diff to give when needed. Anyway, having the DCCD working in an SVX will take longer than it does to make an SVX a 6 speed to begin with.

Tom
Old 07-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Hater

Quote:
I didn't know they brought the rally engine design into production.
its not in production, its more of a showcase for Prodrive's engineering. there are rumours the P2 may be testing the waters as a future STi - some think it may show up as a separate platform as the WRX, with the STi being a coupe only. this article seems to be mostly hoping, and a bit of comedy (note the SVX mention )...

Old 07-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Whoa! Nice ride!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 07-06-2006, 01:28 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Non production model. Based off WRX. Just much faster and most likely nicer. I have an article about it at home somewhere.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!